THE FIRST OF TOO MANY....

SCARY SHEEP #1 contains interviews with DAGOBAH, HOOTON 3 CAR/TRAVIS CUT, MIDGET and MTX, plus columns, a cut-out punk rock band and the first episode of the critically-acclaimed (by us) FAMOUS PEOPLE FROM BEHIND series! All for just sixty pence post paid. Stocks are limited, so order now! And, just like QVC get calls from punters who have bought their crap, below you can read other zines' opinions on this one.

REVIEWS OF THIS ISSUE:

Fracture #2
Yet another new 'zine, and for a first issue this is a pretty good one. Its stand-out is its MTX interview although also included are DAGOBAH and HOOTON 3 CAR/ TRAVIS CUT. There's some columns, although pretty short and some funny, honest reviews. The layouts are cut and paste, but above average and easy to read, and the whole feel of it is just one of someone having a bit of fun, sitting in their bedroom and sticking bits o' punk rock paper together. The obsession with indie-toss band MIDGET got kinda tedious though. (Monk Dave)

Geek Essay #3
Not a bad first issue at all from Paul and chums, and certainly better than our crap first effort and possibly better than this one 'n all, maybe I should review my own fanzine... Anyway, basically don't bother with this if you don't like pop-punk coz that's all you get, there's even an interview with MIDGET(!) plus some cool ones with MTX, DAGOBAH, TRAVIS CUT + HOOTON 3 CAR (the last two are combined, by the way). I think the interviews are the best thing about this, they are good quality I must say. The lay-out is sorta cut'n'paste-cum-Suspect Device-style mix, there are some columns and reviews and all the usual stuff, and overall it's an alright read, mate. (Nogs)

Happy House #11
Well the bloke on the cover is scary but I don't figure that he's much of a sheep unless he has particular sexual tendencies. Anywayafter you get over the title what you get is a great little first issue though it's not special in appearance the zine is made cool by its content which is really good. There's some nice columns, reviews and interviews with Hooton 3 Car, MTX, Travis Cut, Dagobah and Midget along with some personal thoughts and cartoons. What this debut issue has got is enthusiasm and that makes all the difference which is apparent here. Great start I look forward to further installments. (Rick Happy)

ZINES
Scary Sheep #3
Scary Sheep #2
Scary Sheep #1

CD
GOT MILF? - s/t

home  columns  interviews  reviews  shop  guestbook  links