Home Up Angel Beast Wars BeastMaster Buffy/Slayer Cleopatra 2525 Dark Angel Jack of Trades The Lost World Pokemon Stargate Starship Troopers Total Recall 2070 Xena X-Files Inactive Series

Total Recall 2070

� Alliance Atlantis Communications.  All Rights Reserved.  No infringement intended.

Season 1

My plans are grand but my time is limited. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. All quotation contributions are welcomed and will be acknowledged. Please send contributions to [email protected].

This page was last updated on 02/20/01.

Machine Dreams

01/26/2000

Jimmy Tate (within a Rekall adventure): "I was hard-wired for modesty."

Nicky Blanchard (to Hume re: virtual sex): "If I had a wife that looked like yours, I'd want to do things the old-fashioned way."

David Hume: "Beta-class androids couldn't have done this.  They're programmed to protect human life.  It's part of their bioethic."

Advertisement (in feminine voice): "Men, have you ever wanted to be a woman?  Why don't you?  City Surgery Center is quick, easy and oh, so affordable."

Hume: "I spend half my time answering calls from people that think their computers are spying on them."

Olivia Hume: "...  Androids are not programmed for violence.  This is not supposed to happen."

Computer screen: "Citizens Protection Bureau -- 'To defend the honor and freedom of all citizens.'"

Ian Farve: "Machines can't be arrested....  You'll have to file suit with the manufacturer."

Hume: "Another stinking android."
Farve: "You have a problem with androids?"
Hume: "Yeah.  --  The ones that are programmed to kill."

James Calley (to Hume re: death of Blanchard): "I admire your loyalty.  The instinct to avenge a partner's death is something -- you don't see anymore."

Hume: "Three people were killed in this building last night.  We don't need a warrant."

Hume (to Richard Collector re: Collector's refusal to answer a question based on the Intellectual Property Law and Corporate Security Act): "It's a murder investigation.  ...  My investigatory powers supersede your stinking security act."

Farve: "The volunteer process, as I understand it, involves consultation with the volunteer."

Hume: "I didn't know androids were into self-mutilation."
Olan Chang: "Do you know anything about scarification?  ...  It's an ancient tribal custom.  It's used to give them a sense of belonging.  ..."
Hume: "Belonging -- with people who have the same scars."
Chang: "... this is where the beta-class androids have their bar code.  Now, the impulse to obscure dehumanizing code and give yourself a sense of belonging -- that's what I call pretty darn human.  ...  The independent actions -- the scarring, breaking into Rekall -- it indicates a level of awareness that a service android is not supposed to have."

Hume: "You don't kill androids.  They're not real.  ...  They're not alive.  They're machines."

Android: "A little payback....  How human.  How wonderfully, tragically human.  But you can't kill a dead man."
Hume: "You're just a machine.  --"
Android: "Flattery will get you nowhere."

Android: "It's not dying that I am afraid of.  It is living without the ability to remember...."

Android: "Sixty second warning cycles -- and then I'm going to be as dumb as a doorknob or -- as dumb as a cop."

Self-Inflicted

Allure

Infiltration

Nothing Like the Real Thing

Rough Whimper of Insanity

First Wave

Baby Lottery

Brain Fever

Begotten Not Made

Burning Desire

Brightness Falls

Astral Projections