Adult, Egg, and Hatchlings
Home ] Up ] SITE MAP ] Update Page ] READY? ] Lizard Lounges ] Likkin' Lizerds ] Myths ] CITES Export Quotas ] Chameleon Origins ] Chameleon Family Tree ] CHAM CAM ] GLOSSARY ] Amazon.com ] Trivia Page ] Chirp Chat ] Links Page ] Not Really Cham ] Feedback Form ] Bibliography ]

Search CHAMOWNERS for:

COMMENTS SUGGESTIONS

Up ] [ Adult, Egg, and Hatchlings ] Chick waterer - for cricket watering ] Colony Container ] Egg flats ] Escapee control, the all natural way ] Feeding the crickets to your animal ] Gut Load Recipe ] Nesting container ] Rearing Container ]

House Cricket (Achetus domesticus)  

click on an image for a full size picture

Back To BREEDING

Use your browser's back button to return after viewing pictures

male crix3.jpg (153593 bytes) malecrix7.jpg (70645 bytes) malecrik2.jpg (58504 bytes) 
MALE CRICKET achetus domesticus notice the lack of third "tail" (ovipositor)

femalecrik2.jpg (152289 bytes) femcrix5.jpg (73828 bytes) femalecrik.jpg (57433 bytes)
FEMALE CRICKET achetus domesticus notice  the third "tail" or ovipositor for laying eggs. 

crix rearing cont inside.jpg (105907 bytes)
Two laying boxes in rearing container. The carrots are for hydration. The tiny specs in the egg flats and on the cotton are cricket hatchlings.

crix egg1.jpg (48063 bytes)

This is a single cricket egg (the white spot on the dirt). You may need a magnifying glass to see it.

crix on cotton2.jpg (86916 bytes)

This cricket is only a couple of days old. It is still almost transparent. When they first hatch, they are nearly clear, and about the same size as the egg. 

two_size_crix.jpg (160260 bytes)

Several size hatchlings from 1-3 weeks old. They love the egg cartons.

baby_crix_eating.jpg (159217 bytes)

Baby crickets feeding on a mixture of oatmeal, bran, and wheat germ.

This site can in no way be reproduced or copied without the expressed written permission of David Pickering. I have given credit where the author is known. If I have used any material without your permission or without the proper credit please inform me and it will be corrected.Copyright©2000 David Pickering.