Nesting container
Home ] Up ] SITE MAP ] Update Page ] READY? ] Lizard Lounges ] Likkin' Lizerds ] Myths ] CITES Export Quotas ] Chameleon Origins ] Chameleon Family Tree ] CHAM CAM ] GLOSSARY ] Amazon.com ] Trivia Page ] Chirp Chat ] Links Page ] Not Really Cham ] Feedback Form ] Bibliography ]

Search CHAMOWNERS for:

COMMENTS SUGGESTIONS

Up ] Adult, Egg, and Hatchlings ] Chick waterer - for cricket watering ] Colony Container ] Egg flats ] Escapee control, the all natural way ] Feeding the crickets to your animal ] Gut Load Recipe ] [ Nesting container ] Rearing Container ]

Nesting container

click an image to enlarge

Use your browser's back button to return after  viewing pictures

laying containers and medium.jpg (85375 bytes) I fill these completely with damp potting soil or vermiculite. These measure 4"x6"x2". 

laying medium vermiculite.jpg (120015 bytes) This nesting container is filled with damp vermiculite. 

laying containers with medium and lids.jpg (89193 bytes) Notice the screen cover for the nesting container. This keeps the nesting medium in and the crickets from digging out the eggs. this is also why I FILL the boxes with the medium. I have two screen covers that I use in the colony, then I lay the full cover over them when incubating.

crix laying 2.jpg (219973 bytes) This was taken from outside the colony. Notice the position of the laying container. It is touching the egg flats. This allows easier access for the crickets.

laying from outside.jpg (214024 bytes) Outside close-up 

laying from top.jpg (242317 bytes) Top view

laying upclose 2.jpg (243631 bytes) laying upclose 3.jpg (229894 bytes) Inside close-ups. Notice the ovipositor is inserted in the medium thru the screen.

BACK TO BREEDING CRIX

This site can in no way be reproduced or copied without the expressed written permission of David Pickering. I have given credit where the author is known. If I have used any material without your permission or without the proper credit please inform me and it will be corrected.Copyright©2000 David Pickering.