P R E S E N T S

THE SECRET OF ULTRA MAGNUS

A Proposed Story for

THE TRANSFORMERS

By R. A. Stott

&

Barbara Doms

�1987 - 88 ARK NORTH - The Denivan//WBSI Inc.

MODIFICATION & UPDATE -
�1997 ARKNORTH/Denivan Media Services

THE STORY BEHIND THE SCRIPT

I always need to explain things. With the Transformers, I saw many things that I felt needed explaining. Back in 1987, even without knowing about the actual origins of many of the T-forms (Diaclone/ Diacrons, Kronoforms, MicroMan/Micronaughts, et al.) I could tell that they all had different lives prior to being imported to the USA as the characters we all know. When I felt the need to try my hand at script writing, I saw an opportunity to explain to the kids out there with Ultra Magnus toys just why there was an all white Optimus Prime hiding inside him. I also felt I needed to add to Magnus' back-story, giving the kids an explanation on just where Magnus came from by introducing the Omnibots (A trio of Autobot cars that were mail-order only) as a special forces team that had been assigned to Magnus at a time before "The Movie." I also worked out Metroplex's possible upgrades made feasible by functions that the actual toy could do. Character studies were drawn up, and bios written out. My sister edited the first draft of the story and submitted new plot devices so that sections of the script would flow better. We were ready!

The scripts were submitted to Margret Loesch, who sent them along to Jay Bacal. As we all know now, new USA episodes of the series by then had already been scrapped. My scripts were DOA. But what-the-hey... It was worth the try.

Here it is, 10 years later. I think I can safely say that these scripts won't be produced. But that doesn't mean that they should be buried. Enjoy.

TIME PLACEMENT

The story is placed directly after the episodes "Rebirth." The Autobots are working on three primary projects. First is moving Cybertron to a better orbit away from Earth. Second is the releasing of Decepticon prisoners of war. Third is the rebuilding of the planet itself - again...

Also, please note, these stories were originally written for the television series. Unlike some FanFics I have read, these stories were ment for kids. The worst profanity you will find is "Damn!" These scripts are Family Friendly.

Index

GO TO the first stop of your journey...

OMNIBOTS

or skip to any of the other sections...

MULTIPLEX
THE SECRET OF ULTRA MAGNUS - PART 1
THE SECRET OF ULTRA MAGNUS - PART 2
THE SECRET OF ULTRA MAGNUS - PART 3

Original Story (C)1988 The Denivan//WBSI Inc.
Modified Story (C)1998 Denivan Media Services

All Autobot and Decepticon characters Names are Registered Trademarks of Hasbro, Inc. and Takara, Inc.