Tips
Artworks
Screen Shots
Miscellaneous
Links
Home

Sorcerer

Story of the sorcerer

Although practitioners of the mystic arts are scarce within the often superstitious and religious lands of the West, many magi have made the pilgrimage from the Far East to see for themselves what horrors lie beneath the ruined Cathedral of Khanduras. The veiled Brotherhood of the Vizjerei, one of the eldest and most dominant mage-clans of the East, has sent its acolytes to observe the dark events unfolding in Khanduras first hand.

The Vizjerei, known for their brightly colored turinash -or spirit-robes- have taken a keen interest in both gathering knowledge of demons and seeing them slain. The Vizjerei elders hope that their acolytes will learn the secrets of the dark evil that they sense growing in the West and can destroy it. The possibility of discovering long-lost tomes of magical knowledge within the confines of the labyrinth has also captured the interest of many wandering Sorcerers.

Most magic in Khanduras is in the form of enchanted items and elixirs. The Eastern Sorcerers have developed a greater understanding of spellcasting than the other classes, and while a Vizjerei neonate knows only the simplest of spells to start, he can expect to rapidly grow in power as he discovers new incantations. All Sorcerers possess the ability to recharge spell staves by drawing power from their surroundings and channeling it through the staff.

Facts about the sorcerer

The sorcerer is a character that excels in the arts of magic. Although he can't wear very heavy plates (unless he has a lot of enchanted things that adds to strength), he can deal out huge amounts of damage with magic. He can use any magic he wishes and is the one who casts the spells the fastest.

The sorcerer's stats are:

Start At Maxium ability
Strenght 15 45
Magic 35 250
Dexterity 15 85
Vitality 20 80

Here is some information that i got in "Prima's Secrets of the Games: The Official Strategy Guide: Diablo". It is a very good guide to the game. If you like guides, this one is an excellent one to get. Don't worry, it's not considered cheating because it just gives you some helpful facts that you can even gather for yourselves. The guide just saves you the time by gathering the information for you.

• The Sorcrer gains two points of Mana for every level gained and for every point of stat.
  • He gets double the bonus for magical enhancements (but he also gets double the negatives).
  • At the higher levels, he's almost indestructible, unless surrounded.
  • He attacks fastest with just a shield.
  • For every level of Mana Shield, the damage he takes is reduced.

My hotkeys for the sorcerer

F5 F6 F7 F8
FIREBALL CHAIN LIGHTNING TELEPORT STONE CURSE

Some tips to use with the sorcerer

• He has a unique power to recharge any staffs. Although he is no match for the witch, he can save you a lot of money at the beginning of your game. At the beginning, you may find some cool staffs (like sharp staff of healing) but you know that sooner or later you are going to sell it for a better one. Therefore it is best to use your ability and recharge it yourself to save money.
  • In my opinion, I think that the sorceror should equipe himself with a sword and shield. This is so because the sorcerer needs all the armour he can get. In the lower levels, he may be attacked by quite a few of enemies. if the sorcerer has low armour, he won't last a second (i'm exagerating).
  • I think this goes without saying, but i might as well say it for the newbies. THE SORCERER SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE MANA SHIELD ON!!! His mana point could be 400 while his hit points is a 100. without the mana shield, you might as well put a "kill me" sign on him.
  • Try not to get yourself surrounded. Retreat if neccesary. A sorcerer is like a rogue, he should attack from afar (with magic, unlike the rogue).
  • Keep teleport spells hotkeyed. If he gets into a tough spot, try teleporting out of there.
  • The belt should be all mana potions. You don't need health when you use the sorcerer because of the mana shield.
  • Use your surroundings. Click here for more information
  • In multiplayer games, put most of your experience points in magic. You need to get your magic to 250 as soon as possible in order to read all the books. Once your spell book is maxed out, the sorcerer is basically unbeatable.
  • In multiplayer games, the sorcerer is the best duelist. With teleport, insane amount of hit points with manashield, apocalypse (staff) or flamewave, and chain lightning, the sorcerer doesn't miss. You can't hit him and you can't kill him, and soon, your dead!.

If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, I'd love to hear from you. You can contact me at: [email protected], through my guestbook or by icq. My icq number is # 28976611.