Trick or Treat - Smell my feet - Give me something good to eat!

Welcome to my Virtual Art Gallery
NORTH AMERICAN CRAFTS & ARTIFACTS  
1070 West 17th Street - North Vancouver, British Columbia - CANADA - V7P 1W2 - 604 - 985-6249 
[email protected] 
images copyright(c)1998 Mike Skellenger

So you found me eh? My name is
SQUASH
I am the guardian of this little pumpkin patch. This is where our new Jack-O-Lanterns are born. 

Have fun in our little patch of the haunted forest in CyberCanada. 

Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year.
You might find a few intersting images here.

3 skulls - JOLLY ROGER
R.I.P. and a companion.
A Jack-O-Lantern strobe
WitchkidsSpook in a pentagram
Lucifer raging!
Spooky...
Scarecrow and Frank clones
Witchnkids
A Chorus Line of Bones Halloween Links
Vampire gallery Hearts Desire - (a short lyric poem)

Copyright (c) 1972 by Ray Bradbury

Halloween.
Sly does it. Tiptoe catspaws. Slide and creep.
But why? What for? How? Who? When! Where did did it all begin?
"You don't know, do you?" asks Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud climbing out of the pile of leaves under the Halloween tree. "You don't really know!"
"Well," answers Tom the Skeleton, "er--no."

Published (then) by Bantum Books, Inc 666 Fifth Avenue  - New York, NY - USA - 10019
who are NOW Bantum Boubleday Dell 1540 Broadway - New York, NY - USA - 10036
http://www.bdd.com/
This book is no longer in print but is worth the effort to locate
check out other books by Ray Bradbury at the website above

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors---------and miss."

from:  " The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"   by Robert Heinlein

Halloween  
(a recollection from childhood)

This was (and is) my favorite holiday - I have always enjoyed dressing up in costumes and going trick-or-treating - (yes, we had to look in the apples that we got, for razor blades even then - and just who are these people who give out apples anyway - don't they know that it's supposed to be CANDY?) - now I get to do it with my grandkids - the first one (Halloween) that I can recall was my kindergarten year - mom dressed me up in a devil costume (of course) and I really liked the mask that I got to wear with this - we wore our costumes to school for a party and we went out into the school yard so that all of the kindergarten kids could parade around in a circle to show off their costumes  - dad was really good at carving scary jack-o-lanterns...
Once we had a Halloween party at the Methodist Church in Elba (late 1950s) - they probably wouldn't allow that now, but people only thought of it as fun then - the adults even put together a scary spook house in the basement of the church - they put mattresses on the steps and at the bottom of the entrance and tossed kids down these to enter - the spook house was fairly scary with some of the adults dressed up as monsters and using luminous paint on their faces and hands (pretty good special effects for those days) - there was the usual pot of cold spaghetti, grapes for eyeballs, etc... 
My first Halloween night in Metamora was very different - I had been used to going out in the country, from door to door or going to a church sponsored party - that year, when I went into the village, it was pandemonium -  it seemed like the first part of the night was devoted to soaping every store window, completely - there wasn't much in the way of damage and things really weren't very malicious, but there were always a few outhouses knocked over and pumpkins smashed everywhere -fireworks were not a Halloween tradition in Michigan at that time, but there were always a few firecrackers that got set off every year... 

Mike Skellenger