(17) Declarations - Kim Carnes

Português PORTUGUÊS

Declarations

Kim Carnes, Reba McEntire e others

NASHVILLE

"When I first heard Rosanne Cash's Seven Year Ache, I thought, `I want to be there, where that came from´"
"I was making so many trips from Los Angeles to Nashville to write songs with different people that it just got to the point where I needed to be there."
"Nashville has a great creative atmosphere. It's a small, close-knit music community that you can't find anywhere else."

Kim Carnes - MCA - 1988

WRITER

"I write from what's in my heart." 

"Before I moved here (Nashville), most of my cuts and hits were country. I wasn't writing country songs, but country artists were recording them."

"I write what I love and have always done that. I'm so lucky to be writing and performing with some of the most brilliant writers in the world. I'm having a blast!"

"When I go out on the road and say, this is on 'so and so's album,' people say, 'I had no idea' "  (When she mentions she has songs on albums of Tim McGraw, Lila McCann and others).

Billboard Magazine - 1981

BETTE DAVIS EYES

"Things were pretty crazy when that song hit. As fun as it was, the stress and pressure were incredibly high. Now, it's more fun in that I'm doing exactly what I want to be doing."

SMOKEY ROBINSON

ON TOUR WITH DAVID CASSIDY (1972-1974)

"I Guess I like Smokey Robinson even better that I like wine spritzers"

"I remember when my husband and I were the opening act for David Cassidy, and no one wanted to hear us sing. In the middle of our act the kids would start chanting, 'we want David! We want David!' And it didn't end until we left the stage and David came on." 

Kim Carnes - AMOS - 1972

THE EARLY YEARS

"In the early days around Los Angeles, my first publisher was (future Music Row kingpin) Jimmy Bowen. He had Henley and Frey and Souther, right before the Eagles formed. It was a wonderful time."

The New Christy Minstrels - 60's.Credits: picture from 
http://www.michaelochs.com/pastPerfectPages/pastPerfect3byrds.html

NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS

"I wasn't really in that group. I replaced somebody for about two weeks, then I was out."

Home | Search Site | Release | News | Show | F.A.Q. | Biography | Discography | Singles | Compilation | Participation | Remixes | Gold & Platinum | Compositions | Soundtrack | Hits | Lyrics | Declarations | Grammy | Stories Told & Untold | Score | Gallery | Backstage | Autograph | We Are The World | Movie | Video - TV - Radio | Links | View The Guestbook | Sign The Guestbook | E-MAIL |

Click here   for Kim's new album   Chasin' Wild Trains
Click here   for Kim's Official Website