(18) Stories Told & Untold - Kim Carnes

Português PORTUGUÊS

Stories Told & Untold

We feature here some stories told & untold about Kim Carnes' career.

Compiled by GUILHERME CORRÊA

Kim Carnes & Bette Davis

"It was a day I´ll never forget. She is a legend. The first thing that struck me was a pillow in her house that was embroidered with a motto 'No Guts, No Glory'. And I went, 'God if that isn´t perfect!'. It fits what I´ve always read and thought and heard about her too. She´s a real determined lady who´s always done it her way which I admire a lot".

Kim Carnes

(Interview with Steve Wosahla - 1982).

"I only met her a few times and there no photographers around. The first I met her I was working on a record at Hollywood Studios (where I believe she recorded the "Rest ON Me" album). I was alone at the piano and this very pretty young lady stuck her head in the studio and asked me if I was Bodie Chandler and did I write "Everything Has Got To Be Free". I said yes and she introduced herself and told me she loved the song and was going to record it with Jimmy Bowen as her producer. Needless to say, that made my day!!"

Bodie Chandler
(E-mail from Bodie Chandler to Kim Carnes Fan Club in 2001)

"There were no personality conflicts between me and Kim Carnes when Barry and I produced SAILIN' at the Shoals. Kim's album yielded no hits but was tremendously satisfying nonetheless. I don't think I've ever enjoyed greater rapport with a singer. With Kim in the studio and me in the booth, the good feelings flowed back and forth almost mystically. A nod of my head and she understood what I was saying where I was pointing her. She's a fine musician, her sultry voice a marvelous instrument."

Jerry Wexler
(From the book "Rhythm And The Blues: A Life In American Music", 1993 - J. Wexler/David Ritz).

"I've stayed away from it because I thought it would always be compared to my duet with Barbra. But Kim was in the studio, we didn't have anything planned. She's a terrific girl. I've always loved the way she sings and she was there. I said "Kim I haven't done a duet since Barbra. Will you please sing with me for a half hour or an hour?" She was willing to do it and we recorded two or three songs that we really liked. One of which we have on the album. So now maybe I have broken that fear of duets that came after You Don't Bring Me Flowers."

Neil Diamond
(From http://www.mosleykm.freeserve.co.uk/tvam92_part_3.htm ).

"I've thought of it many times, putting a female member in the All-Star. In Nashville, Kim Carnes got up and sang us, and she'd be good. There are many lots of very cool female artists."

Ex-Beatle Ringo Star
(Transcripted from Ringo World_com Chat  - June 14, 2001. URL: http://www.century21.com ).

Home | Search Site | Release | News | Show | F.A.Q. | Biography | Discography | Singles | Compilation | Participation | Remixes | Gold & Platinum | Compositions | Soundtrack | Hits | Lyrics | Declarations | Grammy | Stories Told & Untold | Score | Gallery | Backstage | Autograph | We Are The World | Movie | Video - TV - Radio | Links | View The Guestbook | Sign The Guestbook | E-MAIL |

Click here   for Kim's new album   Chasin' Wild Trains
Click here   for Kim's Official Website