(2.1.)Review - KIM CARNES: Chasin' Wild Trains

Português PORTUGUÊS

Chasin' Wild Trains: KIM RULES!

Kim Carnes will release her latest album to retail outlets on Sept. 16th. The album was previously released online in 2004. The new label is CoraZong Records (Soulfood Music) from The Netherlands.

REVIEW BY GUILHERME CORRÊA

Front Cover Art

Kim Carnes also has a track ("You Made My Skin Burn") from her new album in Jeff Bridge's film "The Amateurs" (aka "The Moguls").

The album was previously released on line by CD Baby in June 14, 2004 and it got a Top Seller status in just 3 days! All the copies were sold in 14 days! Who did buy them? Fans from USA, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, UK, France, Finland, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Holland and so on. They also posted their positive album reviews on Cd Baby website.

"Chasin' Wild Trains" album peaked #3 on UU-BRU Internet Radio charts on the week ending July 03, 2004. Two songs were hits. "Just To See You Smile" peaked #26 (week ending August 7, 2004) and "Goodnight Angel" peaked #46 (week ending August 21, 2004).

This is her first album since 1991's "Checkin' Out The Ghosts" (released only in Japan).

This is not an album of standards or covers of classic rock (what I would call as an "easy fast selling formula").

Kim worked very hard. She produced or co-produced all tracks. She wrote or co-wrote all songs too. This is an independent album made by an independent woman. There's no external interference on her new work. She chose the repertoire, the musicians, the best way to sing, the pictures of art work, etc.

She also plays keyboard in "Lucid Dreams" and "Runaway." The 12 new tracks show she's lost nothing of her vocal power or range. Kim's voice is quite a bit more raspy, like you hear on her 90's recordings ("Above The Waterline" - the Baywatch theme, "Love Hurts," "Bad Bad Lerow Brown," for exemple).

"Chasin Wild Trains" is a mature album, a strong record. Kim pens and performs her songs with great beauty and feeling. The band plays admirably! Some tracks are no surprise for Kim's fans. She has played live some tunes as "If I Was An Angel" (recorded by Matraca Berg in her 1997' album), "All About Time," "One Beat At A Time" and "Stepped Right In It". As the public tasted and approved these tracks, Kim recorded them.

All tracks talk about love. Second Kim, "love ain't a matter of exact science / can't predict where it's goin'" (from "Stepped Right In It" lyrics). So this explains her several kinds of mood during the 12 songs.

Every song tells a love story. Kim wrote about a woman who is completely confused in "You Make My Skin Burn" after spending a night on room 322 at Delano Hotel. Must be a case of mistaken identity. Anyway, she would find the right person on the next song: "Still Warmed By The Thrill"!

My favorite track is "Goodnight Angel." I've played over and over again. It's a pretty ballad. I love Kim spelling "Caroline SSSSSSSSSSSSun". The instrumental is killer! Billy Panda and Tom Bukovack are my guitar heroes! Tim Lauer is one of the best keyboard players of all time. This song could be a theme of some brazilian soup opera. It would be a smash hit.

Another song I play over and over again is "Just To See You Smile". Perfect pop! I loved the lyrics. It's my song!

Kim also sings hard rock in "You Made My Skin Burn". Craig Crampf (from early Kim's band) plays drummer on both songs. Great job!

The "cult" track is "Runaway". It sounds like a soundtrack. The musicians must be played very and very hard. I loved it! And Kim plays keyboard on this tune! I am so proud Kim plays soooo good! I am also so proud with her singing and songwriting talent.

I hope Kim doesn't stop the recording career. She has enough stuff for more albums. I hope she includes "We Can Turn This Love Around" (duet with Greg Barnhill) and "You Don't Love Me Anymore" on her next album.

For credits album (inside information) CLICK HERE.

Home | Search Site | Release | News | Show | F.A.Q. | Biography | Discography | Singles | Compilation | Participation | Remixes | Gold & Platinum | Compositions | Soundtrack | Hits | Lyrics | Declarations | Grammy | Stories Told & Untold | Score | Gallery | Backstage | Autograph | We Are The World | Movie | Video - TV - Radio | Links | View The Guestbook | Sign The Guestbook | E-MAIL |

Click here   for Kim's new album   Chasin' Wild Trains
Click here   for Kim's Official Website