Links

All graphics on this site, with the exception of the linkbacks to other sites, are copyright � 1998-1999 by Dr. Jo Ann/Visual Sonnets.

vs-main-linkback.jpg (3665 bytes)

vs-circle-bar.jpg (3879 bytes)

Outstanding Graphics Sites

vs-sm-gold-fleur.jpg (1324 bytes)This are the graphics sites which I visit on a regular basis.  They are inspiring and well worth the time spent there.  I hope you enjoy them, as well.  Please feel free to pass along any other "finds" to me so that I may include them here. - Jo Ann

vs-fleur-bar.jpg (4467 bytes)

moyra-logo.gif (6024 bytes)

At the head of the list is Moyra's Web Jewels.  I found her site in December of '97, and have never missed a week visiting there to see what new wonder awaits.  Her musings are a must read, and will lead you to many interesting places.  Thank you, Moyra, from the bottom of my heart for sharing your wonderful talents.  The world is a much richer place from your presence in it.  The linkback, at left, is from Moyra's Mauvictorian set.  I was quite touched by her account of her wonderful Granny;  it echoed my feelings about my beloved Grammy.
jaguarwoman-logo.jpg (9779 bytes) Dana Peach's Jaguarwoman site is another must see.  She has the most wonderful sense of color, texture and the use of historical clipart to create graphic sets each more astounding than the next.   I consider Dana to be my graphics mentoress and sounding board for all kinds of topics from the prosaic "How do you ...?" to the more sublime "This is a creative revolution, isn't it?"  Thank you for being there, Dana, for the inspiration, the ideas, the joy.

7Rings-logo.gif (13555 bytes)

Kelly's 7 Rings site is just astonishing!  She has such a feel for the idiom of Art Nouveau and interesting takes on other classical themes.  Be sure to visit her Inspirations page.  Take the time to read about her, and give thanks for the man in her life who supports her in her creative endeavors.
fullmoongraphics-logo-sm.jpg (2087 bytes) One never knows what one is going to find at Miz Kitty's Full Moon Graphics site, but it is always wonderful.  I love reading her little notes on her daughter of whom she is so obviously proud.

peelee-logo.jpg (7140 bytes)

PeeLee's Lagoon has some of the loveliest and most original designs on the web.  This logo comes from "Blue Twist" set.  I love the look it has of flowers made from FIMO clay. This is a must see site with a special charm all of its own.  A previous look for this site was the inspiration for my Making Layered Backgrounds tutorial.
dizzydog-logo-sm.jpg (2620 bytes) The linkback, at left, is from a set called "Persian Opals" found at Dizzy Dog Graphics.   This is a real thrill for me since Kathy used my Opals-201 tutorial as a basis for the gem she created for this set.  You will just love the Celtic flavor of her splash page.

patti-logo.jpg (3595 bytes)

Another bit of excitement was when the "Rubies and Silver" set at Graphics by Patti, shown in the linkback, at right, was chosen as "Set of the Week" at the "Give Credit Where Credit is Due" site.  Patti used my Faceted Gems tutorial in creating this set.  When visiting her site, note the quotes at the top of each page. patti-ruby.gif (7396 bytes)
sassyquest-logo-sm.jpg (4501 bytes) Fran's (aka Sassy) Quest Graphics Design site has one on the most elegant entrances I've seen on the web.  I don't mind clicking through several pages to get to the new things because it is just such a classy tour.  The linkback, at left, is for the set Fran calls "Space Lace" and is part of her "Elegance" sets for sale.  I saw the prototype for this "gem", and meant to tell her that it reminded me of the "Planet of the Jellies" jellyfish exhibit that I saw at the Monterey Bay Aquarium many years ago.   Well, I lost out on the naming of this lovely set, but it will always be "Planet of the Jellies" to me.  <G>

angels-logo.gif (4588 bytes)

When I first visited Angel's Web Graphics in the fall of '98, I had my socks knocked off by her beautiful "Tannenbaum" set which graced her intro page.  It is so simple,and yet so classic and in the spirit of a wintry Christmas which I miss, here in the heat.  Make sure you check out her Christmas Trimmings.  Wonderful!  The linkback, at left, comes from "Marbled Verve" and is part of her growing Elegance collection.
tangledweb-logo.jpg (3501 bytes) Irene has a lot of fun with Blade Pro at her Tangled Web site.   She claims that she learned how to make the pears in her "Partridge" set from my tutorials, but now she has to teach me how to make gems like those in her "Emerald" set.  <G>

gabsgraphics-logo.jpg (7883 bytes)

Gab's Graphics offers not only beautiful web environments, but also the chance to name her sets and be the proud owner of a collection of mini-fonts.  If that is not enough enticement to visit, then make sure you stop by to see the BladePro presets, PSP tubes and original dingbats at reasonable prices.  I can't wait to use her jewel settings.

Resources

vs-sm-gold-fleur.jpg (1324 bytes)The following are some of the resources I use in creating my graphics and my tutorials.  This will be a constantly expanding list as I increase my horizons.

• Paint Shop Pro - This is the "paint" program which I work in most of the time.  It gives tremendous value for the cost and will continue to be my primary work environment for quite some time to come.  A 30-day trial is available from the Jasc site.
  • Blade Pro - This one of the most incredible PS compatible plugins around.  A 15-day trial is available from the Flaming Pear site.
  • Cool 3D 2 - This is a nifty program that renders text into 3D.  I've had some fun with its making presentation slides for work.  A trial is available from the ULead site.
  • Universe - This little program gives you the power to create your own space graphics.  Again, I've wowed them with presentations at work with rendering of Earth, Moon and Mars.  A trial is available from the Diard site.
  • Art Today - This is a subscription service with hundreds of thousands of images and fonts available.  It is well worth the subscription fee.

bon_jan.gif (4771 bytes)

Visual Sonnets received this beautiful award for "Best of the Net" for January 1999 from the Mining Company.   What a wonderful way to begin a new year - the penultimate of the decade, century and millenium.  Thank you so much, Bobbie!!

wcafs.gif (2420 bytes)

Visual Sonnets was honored to be chosen Featured Site of the Week for Jan. 1, 1999 at the Mining Company's Web Clip Art Guide.  Thank you, Bobby.  This is a great place to go for all kinds of graphics inspiration.

fontlink2.jpg (9529 bytes)

Dr. Jo Ann freely admits to being a Fontaholic, and is currently seeking help and guidance from Fontaholics Anonymous.   You can seek help for your addiction here, as well.  Bon Chance!!!!

vs-fleur-bar.jpg (4467 bytes)

Tutorials and PSP "Goodies"

vs-sm-gold-fleur.jpg (1324 bytes)The following are premier spots for learning both the basics and more complex techniques for using PSP.  Also included are sites featuring Blade Pro presets, tubes and brushes for PSP.

• Webgraphics on a Budget - This is the place to begin to learn about PSP.  I can't say enough for Mardi's tutorials.  If you have questions or want to learn more, look here first.
  • State of Entropy - This has wonderful tutorials and Blade Pro presets.  I look at what "State" does, think about it "sideways" and then go off on a creative binge of my own.
  • New Dawn Micro - Another great place for Blade Pro presets and tutorials which will give you great insight into PSP.
  • Centreline 2000 - Simon has some really neat stuff here from beginner to advanced.  Now, if we could only teach him how to spell "Center".  <GGG>
  • The Hood - You have to make a trip to "The Hood".  Unique tutorials and fabulous tubes.
  • Aesthetic Web Creations - This is another site which has been a creative inspiration to me.  Go here to so Doug can teach you how to make killer remotes.
  • Skeldale House Treasures - This site has so much, it is hard to put it all in a few sentences.  Anyway, plan to spend some time with Missi's tubes, brushes, fonts and snowglobes.

E-mail me Please e-mail me with comments or questions.
To VS Welcome Links, Rings, etc. Graphics Sets Tutorials and more
This page last modified on 01/22/99