Anshe's Room

I have been nagging my old master, Dubsar the Cuneiform Scribe, about giving me more world-wide attention since, as his old donkey and assistant, I do a lot of work around here. I asked for my own pages to show our world-wide visitors the importance of the non-human inhabitants of Nippur and other Sumerian cities. The humans would not make much progress without the help of their non-human friends, such as donkeys, sheep, goats, oxen, and fish. Although donkeys are a little slow with a two-button mouse for obvious reasons, I have finished a few informative pages. I am quite an enterprising equid and have discovered various facts about the place of animals in ancient Sumerian and Akkadian society and economy.

Donkeys at work!
Anshe and his colleagues at work

Take a look at these interesting pages about the important non-human contributors to Sumerian culture and let us know what you think.

I am happy to make friends with nice humans. My favorite treat consists of dates dipped in honey. Just thought you might want to know that. There are many other interesting pages on this site about the center of the world forty centuries ago.

Click on these links to navigate our site:

You are visitor since Anshe began counting visitors.

Add your thoughts to the Nippur Town Tablet Guestbook by GuestWorld See what others say in the Nippur Town Tablet

Sign My Guestbook View My Guestbook
This page was edited on 31 December 2000. If you have cuneiform questions or comments, please email Dubsar, the Cuneiform Scribe. If I do not respond promptly, the vendor supplying Fortune City's email service may be eating your mail for lunch. In that case, you can give a shout over to Dubsar's Sand Dune to get my attention. Thanks! � 1999 Erasmus Compositor, P.O. Box 25958, Baltimore, MD 21224.

The representation of Anshe and his colleagues is taken from Friedrich Delitzsch, Handel und Wandel in Altbabylonien, Stuttgart: Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, 1910, p. 8.