Latest News!!
Old news

10.10.2002: Lucio is being offered out by Bayern Leverkusen for £18M, Arsenal, Manchester United, Inter Milan and Real Madrid are the ones the hope will come in and by the player.

09.10.2002: In an interview Betis player Joaquin said: " Since I was small I have always been a Madridista, so it is clear I would like to take over for Luis Figo" & "But this is something I don't wish to think about now. I am a professional and in soccer nothing is certain." & "It is an honour to know that there is so attention in me. Not only in Italy, but also English clubs are interested in me. If I must leave Spain, I would prefer to go to Italy. Because there are some great clubs, like Inter, Juve, Milan and Roma. Also because the life style is very similar to ours.".

09.10.2002: Hierro wants to sort out a new contract with Real Madrid by December. Hierro said "I want to renew my contract with Real Madrid. But I need to know clearly my future by December." & "I have not spoken with the club and I'm not going to create a fuss, there's no point in doing that. But I want to know my future by that date."

08.10.2002: Betis 1 - 1 Real Madrid (Raul)
Casillas, Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Cambiasso, Zidane, Raul (Macca 76m), Guti (Solari, 87m), Ronaldo.

08.10.2002: Raul and Figo might miss the match against Betis (the last 45 min), due to minor injuries.

07.10.2002: Real Madrid 5 - 2 Alaves (Zidane, Figo 2, Ronaldo 2)
Casillas; Minambres, Hierro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos, Makelele (Macca 75m), Cambiasso, Figo, Zidane, Guti (Solari 63m), Portillo (Ronaldo 63m).
Ronaldo scored after only 38 seconds into his debut.

07.10.2002: Rodrigo Fabri could make a move to Sunderland, after the club apparently have had scouts watching him in Brazil.

05.10.2002: Real Madrid has so far sold 120 000 ronaldo jerseys.

05.10.2002: Ronaldo is set for his first match as he has been called up to the team that face Alaves on Sunday.

05.10.2002: Real Madrid is interested in Walter Samuel. After some suspect defending against AEK Athens, many former players and other interested parties has given their opinions about the current state of the central defence at Real Madrid, it know seem like Valdano also wants to bring in new blood in the back and Walter Samuel has been mentioned as the first man on that list, Italian press writes that Roma might be interested if Makelele is part in an exchange deal. That is a possibility as Makelele is no longer of such great importance to Real Madrid anymore after Cambiasso's return.

05.10.2002: Rodrigo Fabri who has been on loan to Gremio for over a year and will not return until end of this season, has had great success with Gremio, and has in his last 15 matches scored 3 hattricks. Fabri told Lance that he is interested in getting an agreement with Real Madrid too release him when he returns next summer, so that he can sign for Gremio for atleast 3 more years.

04.10.2002: Milan medical officer Jean Pierre Meerssman said to the AC Milans official site (http://www.acmilan.com) about Redondo the following: "In two or three weeks he'll back at the coach's disposal. He's in an excellent form, I'm convinced that when we do the fitness tests, he'll be among the best" Meerssman said that he just returned from Belgium where Redondo has been practicing on the sand and in the water with a hard and touching work. Meerssman also said that part of Redondo's recovery would be to play in Boban's farewell game fixed for next Monday in Zagreb. " He'll play for five or ten minutes" & "'It's just a brief appearance, but it's enough for an unlucky player who has spent more time in hospitals and gyms than on the pitch in the last two years. It's the first time since he got injured that he feels he can play. His knee won't run any risk because it's solid now". The recovery prosess has according to Meerssman been based upon strenght-, resistence- and speed-building exercises.

02.10.2002: AEK Athens 3 - 3 Real Madrid (Zidane 2, Guti)
Real Madrid: Casillas, Salgado, Helguera, Pavon, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Cambiasso, Figo, Raul (Morientes 80m), Zidane (Portillo 82m), Guti (Macca 85m).
fact: Real Madrid participated in their 250th match in the CL/champions cup, closest to Real Madrid is Bayern Munchen on 179 matches, currently Real Madrid has won 149 of those matches also a record.

30.09.2002: Vincente del Bosque said in an interview about Cambiasso the following: "He will be one of the fundamental players of the team in the next few years," & "It was a gamble the club took five years ago after seeing the boy in the Youth Festival of Toulon. "He is a midfield player with much quality and very mature, despite being 22. "It is possible that he has the physical characteristics of Zidane, who is having a somewhat difficult season and is prevented from running much, so he (Cambiasso) is generous in the effort he gives and imposes the technical quality we know he has. "Soon we will see that Zidane will benefit from having Cambiasso at his side." 29.09.2002: Valladolid 1 - 1 Real Madrid (Raul)
Real Madrid got Salgado sent off after to yellow cards after 38 min, but Real Madrid still managed to put heavy pressure on Valladolid, and could have won the match had all decisions gone Real's way. Raul scored from a great pass from Zidane, former Real Madrid keeper Bizzarri had no chances.
Real Madrid: Casillas, Salgado, Hierro, Pavon, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Cambiasso, Figo (Minambres 72m), Zidane, Raul, Guti (Solari 79m).

28.09.2002: Sources in Spain believe that Makelele who has not received any increase in his salary, could be on the move to an English or Italian club, since Cambiasso has so far been fantastic, the importance on keeping Makelele has decreased.

28.09.2002: Ronaldo has told the press that he has signed a marketing deal with Bandeirantes TV station (the 3rd largest Brazilian TV station) and the sports marketing company Traffic. The TV station will every weekend show Real Madrid matches, Ronaldo is expected to join the programme in a post-match show on Mondays. Ronaldo said: "I'm happy with this chance to show my football to the Brazilians," & "Spanish football is happier, more enjoyable, than Italian." The TV station is said to take a big risk in this new strategy to show Spanish football on Brazilian TV, has it is known that Brazilians prefer to spend their time watching their own league and not to waste much time following the European leagues.

26.09.2002: The biggest win in CL was first set by Marseille in 1993 when they beat CSKA Moskva 6-0, Leeds managed the same in 1995 when they beat Besiktas and know Real Madrid managed that feature after beating Genk last night.

25.09.2002: Real Madrid 6 - 0 Genk (Salgado, Figo, Guti, Celades, Raul + own goal)
Casillas, Salgado, Helguera, Hierro, Roberto Carlos (Raul Bravo 70m), Celades, Cambiasso (Morientes 66m), Figo, Raul (Portillo 76m), Solari, Guti

24.09.2002: Real Madrid sack Jose Maria Lopez Silva of Real Madrid C after the player bit a referee during a 3rd division match against Navalcarnero. Jose Maria bit the referee in the shoulder. Silva said: "It has been an instinctive reaction, I lost my head for a second and did a small bite on the referee," & "It was because I felt he had made a poor decision when he sent me off. It will not happen again and I am very sorry." The board however did not accept the players apology and coach Manolo Diaz said the following: "It was a serious act and one that has no excuse. I believe it was a reflex action, but the committee have decided to expel him."

19.09.2002: Real Madrid players sold or loaned out this season:
Elvir Baljic - Galatasaray (Contract cancelled)
Aitor Karanka - Ath.Bilbao (Bosman)
Javier Dorado - Rayo (on loan)
Carlos Aranda - Villareal (sold - 1M Euros ++)
Julio Alvarez - Rayo (on loan)
Souza - Valladolid
Geremi - Middlesbrough (on loan)
Aganzo - Valladolid (on loan)
Savio - Bordeaux (on loan)
Ivan Campo - Bolton (on loan)
Fernando - Betis (sold - buy back clause valid within 2 years)
Alvaro Benito - Getafe (sold)
Rodrigo Fabri - Gremio (on loan since 2001 until 30 June 2003)
Edwin Congo - Levante (on loan)
Julio Cesar - Austria Wien (on loan)
Pedro Munitis - Racing Santander (on loan)
Alberto Rivera - Levante (on loan)

19.09.2002: In an interview on TV, Roberto Carlos said about a possible future move to Inter Milan; "First Inter will have to win the Scudetto, but one day I would like to go back," he also explained why he left Inter Milan in the first place: "Moratti asked whether I was happy at the club," and I responded "that the only problem was coach Roy Hodgson who played me on the left-hand side of midfield rather than at left-back. That was why I left."

19.09.2002: Sales reports has it that after 20 days, Real Madrid jerseys with the name Ronaldo printed on them has sold per date 70 000.

18.09.2002: Atletico Madrid president Jesus Gil said in an interview on the radio in Spain: "I would never give up Fernando Torres for Ronaldo." "The Brazilian is young, but he has become bourgeois and he arrives having won everything." When Gil was asked if he would sell Torres to Real Madrid, Gil responded, "We all know Real are the team of the government. But even they wouldn't be foolish enough to try and sign Torres. No, they have Ronaldo and if he succeeds Real will forget about everything else."

17.09.2002: Champions League: Roma 0 - 3 Real Madrid
Real Madrid: Casillas, Salgado, Roberto Carlos, Hierro, Helguera, Cambiasso, Makelele (Macca 78), Figo, Zidane (Solari 69), Raul, Guti
Goals: Guti 2, Raul
Guti's outplayed three Roma defenders in getting his second goal of the night and one would wonder if Ronaldo would be able to go straight into the team if Guti continues the same kind of play in the future.
Otherwise Real played at times at half gear and never really was in a danger of losing this match to Roma who was missing Totti and Batigol.

16.09.2002: Before the game against Roma on tuesday, Real Madrid was invited to Pope John II at his summer residence in Castelgandolfo. Pérez gave the Pope a silver replica of Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, a Madrid Fan Card to the name of John Paul II, and a Centenary commemorative shirt signed by all the team members. The Pope said "sports are a way to make a better society". and blessed "the Club and all the Real Madrid family". After the Pope and Perez had made their speeches, all the players and staff that went to Rmoe kissed the Pope's ring and was handed a blessed rosary by the Pope to each of attendants.

12.09.2002: Portillo dedicates his hat-trick in the 8 - 1 trashing of San Sebastian yesterday, to his father, "he has been my greatest supporter" Portillo said.

11.09.2002: Copa del Rey: U.D. San Sebastian Reyes 1 - 8 Real Madrid
Real Madrid: Cesar, Valdo (Guti), Pavon, Ruben, Bravo, McManaman, Cambiasso (Morientes), Celades, Solari, Portillo, Tote.
Goals: Tote 3, Portillo 3, Solari, Morientes

02.09.2002: With a pacted stadium Real Madrid beat Espanyol 2 - 0, while Ronaldo watched the game from the Royal Box. Roberto Carlos was also given a gift by the club for having become World Champion with Brazil.

02.09.2002: Real Madrid 2 - 0 Espanyol (Helguera, Macca)
Casillas, Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Cambiasso (Solari 88m), Figo (Macca 81m), Zidane, Raul, Guti
Men of the match: Helguera, Cambiasso, Figo

02.09.2002: Agents representing Ronaldo are not welcome at Bernabeu, Jorge Valdano told a Spanish paper that the reason being that Ronaldo's spokesman Rodrigo Paiva, agent Alexandre Martins and agent Reinaldo Pitta has picked up a reputation for causing trouble.

02.09.2002: Real Madrid will earn US23 million for their not scheduled Asian tour, a one-off friendly game have a starting price of US3 million.

01.09.2002: Flavio C has several offers from clubs back in Brazil, that would love to loan the player this season, Cruzeiro, Flamengo and Palmeiras seem like the most likely clubs he will join, if a loan move is set into action.

30.08.2002: European Super Cup final
Real Madrid 3 - 1 Feyenoord (own goal, Roberto Carlos, Guti)
Casillas, Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Cambiasso (Pavon 87m), Figo, Zidane (Solari 85m), Raul, Guti (Portillo 70m)
Real Madrid finally won the trophy, they had no problems beating Feyenoord. Men of the match: Cambiasso and Roberto Carlos
Full-Squad to Monaco:
Goalies: Casillas, Cesar
Defenders: Hierro, Roberto Carlos, Salgado, Minambres, Bravo, Pavon, Helguera
Midfielders: Zidane, Cambiasso, Makelele, Solari, Macca, Celades, Figo, Flavio
Forwards: Raul, Portillo, Morientes, Guti

26.08.2002: Portillo signs new contract until 2007, buy out clause is set at 36 million Euros.

24.08.2002: Fernando is sold to Betis for 3 million US, Fernando signs a 6 six-year contact. Real Madrid has however the option to buy him back at the end of the second year at Betis.

24.08.2002: Edwin Congo goes on loan to second division side Levante, since COngo joined Real Madrid 3 years ago from Colombian side Once Caldas, but has not played an official first team game for Real Madrid. Has since his move to Real Madrid been loaned out to Real Valladolid, Vitoria Guimaraes and Toulouse

13.08.2002: Raul Bravo gets a surprise call-up to the Spanish national side.

12.08.2002: Ivan Campo looks ready for English side Bolton.

06.08.2002: Real Madrid lose 2-1 to Bayern Munchen in the Santiago Bernabeu Trophy, after beating Liverpool in the semi, Real fans yet again had to see Bayern Munchen beat Real Madrid. Nice to see that players like Cambiasso, Portillo and Fernando looks set to make an impact for Real Madrid this comming season.

14.07.2002: Pedro Munitis could make a move to Mallorca according to Spanish media.

12.07.2002: Edu to Real Madrid with Savio going the other way, according to reliable Brazilian football paper Lance a swap deal could be in the cards soon.

06.07.2002: Real Madrid is interested in Brazilian Ronaldinho Gaucho of PSG, however PSG is interested in keeping the player who they feel would become a great marketing machine for the clubs merchandise sale. Perez told Spanish paper AS "I like Ronaldinho a lot," & "His goal against England was fantastic. The game lost its brightest star when the referee decided to send Ronaldinho off."

06.07.2002: Little Redondo or Esteban "El Cuchu" Cambiasso has been promised a place in the 25 man squad, Esteban Cambiasso who returns from a loan spell at River Plate who he won the Argentinian championship with is said to be happy about the decision. After the player joined the club in 1996 as a 15 year old he has mainly been loaned out. Cambiasso is seen as a future captain for the Argentine national side.

05.07.2002: Yet again it is rumoured that Steve Mcmanaman is for sale, this time to the cut off price £4million, source being some unreliable English press.

05.07.2002: Fernando Redondo's injury speel seem to never end as it seems like he needs another operation according to Gazzetta dello Sport. Redondo is still feeling pain in his knee, he will undergo further medical advice from 2 different medicals, one in Antwerp with prof. Maertens, and in Paris with prof. Saillant. "Only after their opinion will we decide whether we will do the operation on the knee's ligament or not" concluded Jean Pierre Meersseman, the medical coordinator at AC Milan. If an operation is needed it will be Redondo's fourth operation since he joined AC Milan from Real Madrid.

02.07.2002: Former Real Madrid legend Hugo Sanchez said in an interview that he one day will coach the Mexican natinal team and Real Madrid.

02.07.2002: Even though Celades haven't played that much since joining Real Madrid he has said that he wants to see out his contract with Real Madrid rather than being sold.

01.07.2002: Real Madrid will meet Feyenoord of Holland on the 30th in Monte Carlo for the European Super Cup.

01.07.2002: Real Madrid has cancelled their friendly with Sporting Lisbon on the 17th to go to Nigeria to play 3 matches on the 15th, 17th and the 18th. Real Madrid will receive 2.5 million euros for the trip.

01.07.2002: The Santiago Bernabeu Trophy is to be held on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of August, with Liverpool, Bayern Munich and AC Milan as guests in a league competition this year.

01.07.2002: Julio Cesar is hoping for a return to Real Madrid as central defence back-up, the player still has a year left on his loan deal with Benfica, but would rather return earlier the Brazilian has commented to Spanish media.

01.07.2002: Real Madrid has terminated the contract with Elvir Baljic, reasons for this is mainly due to the player having no sense of proffesionalism, disiplinary trouble with Rayo the club he was loaned out to last season and a lot more. A great move getting rid of this player. Only minus is the money that Toschack wasted on getting him to Real Madrid. Elvir Baljic will however go into the history books as the worst buy Real Madrid ever did along with Petkovic and by younger fans Nicolas Anelka.

01.07.2002: Carlos Aranda has been sold to Villareal for 1 million Euros. But Real Madrid will receive another 1 Mill if the player signs with another club in the next 5 years.

Copyrighted © since 1998 [email protected]