Infancy

I was born premature on September 5, 1964 weighing 3 lbs. 9 ounces, and very very ill. I had to stay in the hospital for 5 weeks because of my illness and my low birth weight.

As an adult today, it makes me very sad to think of this tiny infant being without someone to hold me for long periods of time, being cared for by a different nurse on every shift, and not receiving the loving attention that all babies need especially from their mommies. I wonder what I thought when my birth mom was never there to talk to me after I was born. Did I wonder where was she? How come she did not keep me? I don't know.

Tina 2 months��Tina 3 months��Tina 11months first walk
Tina ages 2 mon, 3 mon, and 11 mon (her first steps)

At five weeks of age, I was placed with a foster family. The doctors had told my foster family that I was mentally retarted and would need to be placed in a home for disabled children. My placement with this foster family was to be a temporary one, until an opening at this facility became available. The foster family loved me to the best of their ability, but the knowledge that I would be taken away from them one day made it hard for them to allow themselves to get too attached to me.

As time went on, it became apparant that my problems stemmed from being premature and that I was not mentally retarted. The foster family grew to love me in their own way and they asked the court's permission to adopt me. It took nearly 2 years for my adoption to become final.

-- cont. on page 2 hit the next button

Back Home Next

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook ��������� View Our Guestbook