Rock-a-bye-bye-baby

I ran away in hopes of keeping my baby. I was 16 years old at the time. All I knew and felt at this time was I wanted my child and I would do anything to keep her. The sad thing is that I was going to try and take care of my child and myself when I didn't even know how to take care of myself. I was extremely dependent on others for my well being. The person I ran away with was older. He stole some gas and we were arrested. This man was charged with taking a minor over the state line. We both went to jail.

As I sat in jail waiting for my parents and the welfare workers to decide who was responsible for PAYING for me to get back home. I began to talk to my child. The jail cell was very small. I sat in jail for what seemed like and eternity. I had no one else but my child. The bonding began between my precious child and I. I was so proud of her even if no one else was.

I was alone and scared. I began to hope that someday everything was going to be ok with us. I had to have that hope. I needed to believe this. I dreamed dreams of my child and I, and what we would have together. I finally had some one to love. All the hopes, dreams, and expectations I had swimming in my head. Would this happen? Would I finally know love and happiness? Would I get to raise my child? Would my parents accept and love me now because I was about to give them their first grandchild?

Ginger at 15 years
Ginger at 15 years old

The day came when I went home from the jail. I was so excited. I thought that yes finally my parents wanted me. I arrived home only to find that they were about to take me away again. Off to a mental hospital I went. Once again left alone and abandoned. But I still had my child growing with in me. As bad as that place was I still had my child. There were a couple of nurse's there at the mental hospital when I began to show they brought me maternity cloths and baby cloths. I was so excited. I put on my first maternity top and stood in front of the mirror. I looked at my growing child and myself. I was so proud of my child even though all around me would try and shame me for MY SIN. Gezzzzz, I was 16 years old. I felt like I had murdered some one and was living a life sentence and could never go home or ever be accepted again.

My Father came to get me at the mental hospital. I was once more excited that I was going home to live. I proudly wore my maternity top home to show the whole world I was going to have my baby. My mother was extremely upset. I didn't care. I went in the house only to find out that I was about to be hauled off to an unwed mother's home and be hidden away again. I felt so rejected again. Yet I still held my hope for my child and I.

-- cont. on page 4 hit the next button

e-mail us

return to last page back to home page go to next page

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook           View Our Guestbook