Ginger's

Ginger at 8 months
Ginger at 8 months old

I do not want to go into detail of my childhood issues here or blame or use names. I will tell you I was abused and hurt a great deal growing up. I grew up feeling different, separate, stupid, not wanted, in the way, unaccepted, and not loved. I know the reasons why I felt these things. However on this site I am not willing to share them. The reasons or persons are not as important today as how much those feelings affected me until those feelings, thoughts, and behaviors changed in my recovery.

Ginger at 2 years��Ginger  2 years
Ginger at 2 years of age

Those feelings and thoughts about myself made me feel I was not good enough for anyone's love or acceptance. I felt scared of doing the wrong thing most of the time. I felt out of place everywhere I was at. I just didn't seem to fit in. School was no different. I was laughed at. I was made fun of and called names. I just wanted to FIND SOMEONE who would listen to me and love me for me. I had no friends. I didn't know how to get along with other kids. There was much shaming going on all around me most of the time. I wanted to hide or run away and sometimes die.

Innocent Ginger��ginger at 5 yrs
Ginger ages 2 and 5 years

I had difficulty paying attention or focusing on the task's at hand. Most people and teachers took it, as I was bad or not paying attention. Today I know it was because of my dyslexia and abuse issues. As a result of the things that had happened to me, my feelings, my fears, and my acting out; I was taken out of my parent's home and put into my first group home.

Denny and Ginger
Denny (my brother) and Ginger

-- cont. on page 2 hit the next button

Back
Back
Home
Home
Next
Next

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies | Come here and sit on my knee |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook ��������� View Our Guestbook