Our honeymoon and the reality

I finally asked Tina for some space to heal myself. The sad thing is when one asks for time and space from a fearful wounded person they tend to take this as rejection. I know because I had done this myself in my own early recovery I tried very hard in many letters to explain to Tina I just couldn't handle her emotions as well as my own. I understood everything she was going through but I could not meet her needs.

I knew my little girls' fears were so similar to my own fears in my early in my own recovery. So I tired not to take them personally. However she came across very demanding and pushy. If I had not of had recovery I would of ended up in giving into those demands and the trap of trying to fix Tina and make it ok for her.

I had a hard time making it ok with me at that time. I know from my own recovery I have to make it ok with me first or I won't have anyone else or I will get drunk. I didn't want to loose her again. However I could not live in a game of being pushed and feeling responsible for someone else choices or life. I trusted that one day we would be back together again. I just didn't know when. I did know it would happen. I felt Tina needed time to work through her own 31 years before she found me. I needed to work on all my grief, loss, and emotional turmoil I was feeling around my dad's and mother's death.

READ the 5 Stages of Reunion

It was at this time Tina tried to hurt me for what she felt I had done to her. I finally said, "NO, NO, I cannot do this anymore. I am out of your life for good." This seemed to be the only way I could get her to HEAR what I was saying. I was sad to have to say this. I didn't want to loose her again; However, I didn't want to loose my own sanity or my recovery either.

I needed time out. I took it. I am extremely glad that I did. I had not stopped loving Tina. Love was not the issue here. My sanity was.

-- cont. on page 11 hit the next button

e-mail us

return to last page   back to home page   go to next page

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies | Come here and set on my knee |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook           View Our Guestbook