Toddler to Adolescence

My adopted family told me from day one that I can remember that I was adopted. I knew they loved me in their own way, but something was missing. I felt out of place, different, not THEIR'S, and a whole bunch of feelings I am still trying to identify.

When I was little I had been told how "special" I was because God gave me to my adopted parents. My birth mother could not keep me. I grew up wondering what "special" meant, because I always felt like something was missing. I felt I lacked the ability to be loved. I wondered if I was a burden to my adopted family because my REAL mom (the birth mother - Ginger) could not keep me.

I never remember feeling abandonment because I had been told I was "SPECIAL" and "CHOSEN" by my foster/adopted family, but I did not know what those words meant. I did not feel whole inside. When I questioned the feelings of emptiness inside me, my very religious adopted minded parents said those words meant and that emptiness I had felt was because I did not give my total self to God. That meant every feeling and all of my self. Their idea was God solved everything and forgave everything.

I agree with that to an extent. I believe in God. I am thankful for the things He has given to us and shown us, but I also believe you have to help yourself first and show others love, acceptance and kindness, not the inconsistencies I felt and saw growing up.

Tina 2 yrs Tina 5 yrs Tina 6 yrs
Tina ages 2 yrs, 5 yrs, and 6 yrs old

I always wondered who my birth mom was, why didn't she keep me, did she really love me? I loved her. She was my mom and she gave me away. I knew that must have been hard and that it must of been because she couldn't keep me that she must not of had a choice. I couldn't believe that she didn't want me and just gave me away. The only thing I knew for sure was her name, "Virginia (and I knew the last name)" and I knew she loved me. When I thought of her, I felt a sense of peace and knew that she must have bonded with me during her pregnancy. I thought of her often growing up and when I did, I felt a sense of peace especially when I heard or said her name. I knew that someday I would find her, I don't know how but I just knew it!!

-- cont. on page 3 hit the next button

Back Home Next

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook           View Our Guestbook