Young Adulthood

As time went on and my adopted brothers and sisters all left home (they were all 10, 12, 14, and 16 years older than me) I felt so alone. I felt like a burden on my adopted parents. I felt like the third wheel and that no one understood me. I wanted someone ANYONE to listen to me and hug me.

Seemed like everyone was there but yet as soon as I got to know them, they would be gone. I felt different. I had many things happen to me growing up, abuse, lack of the love I needed, and I didn't feel like I fit in. I spent much of my life alone, listening to music, trying to be ok, to feel safe and loved with those song lyrics playing in my ears.

After I graduated from high school and nursing school at 17 years old, I finally felt like maybe I could be in charge of my own life. I began experimenting with alcohol to fit in with the crowd by going out with the nurses and doctors after work. I thought this was love and acceptance. However, this did not sit well with my religious minded parents. I began hearing how wrong I was which added to my insecurities already. I felt so very alone.

Tina 14 yrs��Tina graduation pic��Tina graduation
Tina ages 14 yrs, 17 yrs, and 17 yrs old (Graduation)

I began to look for love in all the wrong places. I looked to any MALE patient at the hospital to give me the love I thought I needed and that of course now I know today was my extreme neediness for love.

I found one patient who I connected with and ended running away from home with one night after many months of fighting with my parents. I felt a sense of loss in my life, the emptiness and missing love. I longed and dreamed to find someone, anyone to love me. My patient Don and I became very close. I wanted and needed his strong arms around me. I wondered if it was because I never had that or because I longed for it so? I knew inside somehow that if I had his baby to care for that the baby would make me feel loved and safe.

-- cont. on page 4 hit the next button

Back
Back
Home
Home
Next
Next

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies | Come here and sit on my knee |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook ��������� View Our Guestbook