Empty Arms - Empty Soul - Empty Cradle
(continued)

The day came to SIGN my beautiful child away. I went there alone. I wanted no one with me. I asked if my daughter had come with the people who were going to take her from me. They said no. I wanted to hold her one more time. How ugly that day was. It stills brings deep pain and tears to my eyes. I lost my wonderful child that day and any hope I had of love. I walked around town for endless hours with tears and hate. I would not recover fully from this until the day I heard my sweet Tina's voice for the first time in 31 years. (SMILES)

I wanted out. I wanted to be away from them. I married the first man who asked. How sad. I married the same kind of guilt and shame I had just left. I had an another child to hopefully replace Tina. This man left me too. Once again alone and scared. I was hiden away again with this child that WAS LEGAL. I had hope that maybe just maybe my mother would love me now. Same old stuff different day. I didn't know how to live. I didn't know how to love. I didn't know how to be loved. I didn't trust life, or its process. So, I married again and had another child. Once again same pattern. I drank and drank I tired to drown it all. This child was the only reason I had to live each day. I would look into his bed and cry. I loved him so. But I was not a good mother. I was not a good anything.

I found what drugs and alcohol would do for me. It numbed it all. I still remember my first drink. I felt warm, and calm for the first time ever. This would be a pattern I would follow for many years, until I found 12-step recovery and therapy. I was in and out of psychiatric wards. Psychiatric wards, drugs, and booze were all that numbed me and helped to stuff the pains and losses deeper. (Note: The song Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd describes some of these feelings.)The booze the drugs anything to shut my brain and feelings down. I was in a fog most of the time. The drugs the booze gave me the warm clam feelings I could not seem to find anywhere else. I lived in the o zone disconnected from any responsibilities or anything that made me think and feel. What a sad feeling I get when I think of this time of my life. I was hurt. I then hurt others for hurting me. Viscous cycle. I could not climb out of this place on my own.

-- cont. on page 6 hit the next button

e-mail us

return to last page�� back to home page�� go to next page

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies | Come here and sit on my knee |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook ��������� View Our Guestbook