Finding My Birth Mother Ginger

I called Ginger for the first time on February 10, 1996. (click here for a tiny piece of the conversation)We talked for what seemed like hours. I was so exhilarated, so scared, yet happy. We made plans to meet with in the next 2 weeks.

Our First Meeting Our First Meeting

Ginger and Tina's First Meeting together on Feb. 18, 1996

During the first seven months of our reunion, she listened to me intently; tried to help me grow up, and show me the motherly love I was missing. I needed her to make up for the missing 31 years in our lives. She listened to all my aches, pains, fears, disappointments and even the few happy moments I did have. I was beginning to feel so loved. I had lots of my questions answered and I was beginning to feel good about myself and secure with me.

READ the 5 Stages of Reunion

As we got to know one another, she shared with me the many issues that she'd had to overcome in her life. She told me about the abuse she suffered as a child which turned her towards alcoholism. She told me of her many years in recovery. Told me of her mother's recent death and all of the many things going on in her life before I found her. Ginger and I became involved, building a close relationship, and it became very deep. We opened up all the sealed records, court papers and any information that was ours. I now believe our relationship moved too quick and too fast.

Look at Tina's birth certificates

I also was dealing with my own past abandonment and abuse issues in my life. Ginger was the first person who ever really listened to me, who took me in their arms and allowed me to be loved for me. I ate all this up because I had never had this before.

Things happened in Ginger's life after our reunion. She was sharing her life with me, reliving her past, remembering the painful memories of having to give me away, her father became extremely ill and passed away, and trying to heal all at once.

-- cont. on page 6 hit the next button

Back Home Next

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook           View Our Guestbook