baby napping
Struggles in our new relationship

By September of 1996, I was in a place that I needed, demanded, and expected Ginger to give me security, love, and hope because I unconsciously felt she owed that to me. I thought that was what real love was. She chose to freely give these things to me and I was demanding them. She soon stopped giving me this love and took it all away in a heartbeat because of my demands. She could not help me; she needed to help herself first. I quickly began to rebel, to act out, and to say things Ginger had shared with me quoting her words, word for word. It made her very angry and I was pushing her away, I didn't even know it or know I was doing this.

I was afraid, I was desperately trying every measure, corner and angle that I knew of to try to keep her in my life and in essence I was pushing Ginger away faster and faster than I ever knew. All she asked was for time and space to heal, to grieve the loss of her past, her mother, and her father. I took this personally, I took it as a sign that I was not worthy of her love, she did not want me in her life anymore.

READ the 5 Stages of Reunion

So, we came to a stand still in our new relationship. Ginger told me that she was done. I was out of her life for good. All I knew at that moment was that I felt totally abandoned. I felt all the stories, hope, and love she had shared with me was a total lie. She always had promised me that she would never again leave me, but she just slammed the door in my face saying, "I am done, you are out of my life for good."

The why's, howcome's, the what if's came rushing back into my life so quickly I did not know how I was going to live. I felt totally alone again in my life despite my 3 children and my husband. I knew they loved me as best they could, but I was missing and needed that unconditional love that I thought only mothers and fathers can give.

-- cont. on page 7 hit the next button

e-mail us
EMail

return to last page
Back
back to home page
Home
go to next page
Next

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook           View Our Guestbook