INDEX  INDIA  NEPAL  ABOUT US CENSUS INDIA STORY OF INDIA CHURCHES INDIA    KERALA   OUR INDIA PUBLICATIONS      HOME           GUEST BOOK

Saturday  12  January

They  that  depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

O earth, earth. earth, hear the word of the LORD.   Jeremiah 17, 13; 22, 29.

With urgency a pleadings God spoke through the prophet Jeremiah: “O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD”. God be praised that there are still people who are ready to listen to His voice and His Word! But generally indifference and godlessness are on the increase in an alarming measure. What was established in the epistle to the Romans applies accurately to mankind today: “There is no fear of God before their eyes” (ch. 3, v. 18). Many turn their back upon God, thinking they have no need of Him. Yet how serious are the consequences: “They shall be written in the earth. “Normally anything written in the dust is quickly blown away by the wind and forgotten. Such people will also fall into oblivion, not only with their fellowmen, but also with God, for God also turns His back on them,  so to speak because of their obduracy.

A publisher, who was once awarded an honorary doctorate at an American university, said in his oration at the ceremony: “Permit me to add a personal testimony. I am convinced that the worst disease of our time is mankind’s rejection of God. We have created  substitute-gods on this earth; that was the start of our falling away”.

Dear reader,  God’s love in the Lord Jesus Christ is still available to preserve you from falling into eternal darkness. But you  must be prepared to turn to Him with all your guilt. Only then can He remove it. That is the reason why He died on the cross.