INDEX  INDIA  NEPAL  ABOUT US CENSUS INDIA STORY OF INDIA CHURCHES INDIA    KERALA   OUR INDIA PUBLICATIONS   HOME  GUEST BOOK

Wednesday  2  January

What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mathew 16, 26.

What is of prime importance?

My neighbor, who suffers badly from asthma, has just wished me a happy New Year, adding, “and good health - that’s most important!” He has good reason to say such a thing. Someone else might well say at the present time, “and a secure job!” A third person might maintain that it is essential to have the right partner for one’s life.

These things are by no means insignificant, but there is something far more important. It does not solely concern our earthly life: it has consequences for all eternity. Have you pondered over this matter?

This morning I heard of the sudden death of a very sympathetic colleague of mine. He was most conscientious in the execution of his work and always helpful to everyone. But had he taken time to consider what is most important during our life? Had he remembered that one day  he would have to stand face to face with God?

I trust that this question will not embarrass you, if it occasionally crops up during the course of the year. But you must ask yourself: “Am I prepared to meet God?” Today He offers you forgiveness. He does so, because the Lord Jesus Christ, His own Son, suffered death, the wages of sin,  for you. It is of prime important to believe that with your heart, not with your mind alone.

If you have not done so already, you should re-consider your scale of values to include eternity, not just our brief existence on this earth.