INDEX  INDIA  NEPAL  ABOUT US  CENSUS INDIA STORY OF INDIA CHURCHES INDIA    KERALA   OUR INDIA PUBLICATIONS       HOME          GUEST BOOK

Tuesday  29  January

And the apostles, when they were returned, told him all that they had done. And he took them, and went aside privately into a desert place.    Luke 9, 10.

What a relief it is when we can talk to someone we can trust completely! We know that he or she will listen to us and share our joy and sorrow and even sympathize with us in our worries. An atheist once said that whenever he suffered a crisis or felt under stress he used to go outside and stand behind his barn talking to himself loudly. This will, however, never have brought him an answer nor any help.

In their Lord and Master the apostles had just such a Person to confide in. They could pour out their heart in the knowledge that He would understand them. Times when we can withdraw to some seclusion with someone we love and respect are of inestimable value. Yet who deserves our trust more than the Lord Jesus Christ? But to enjoy His confidence we must first uncover all our guilt before Him. Then He can cleans us from all unrighteousness and make us acquainted with His Father in heaven, who loves His children and is ever ready to listen to them.

An elderly lady who was suffering from a broken shoulder and could not use her right hand any more once told a visitor, “I am never alone: my Lord is always here with me”. Earthly friends may abandon us at times, but the Lord Jesus is constantly with those who have accepted Him as their Saviour. He gave His life for them on the cross of Calvary; so how could He ever leave them! Won’t you, too, put you trust in Him?