INDEX  INDIA  NEPAL  ABOUT US CENSUS INDIA STORY OF INDIA CHURCHES INDIA     KERALA   OUR INDIA PUBLICATIONS      HOME    GUEST BOOK

Sunday  20  January

If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeded from the Father, he shall testify of me: and ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.  John 15, 24 - 27.

Thoughts on John’s Gospel (154)

In Psalm 69, 4 we read: “They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head” It was not only the leaders of the people who hated the Lord Jesus; He was not accepted by the multitude of the nation. Even today He is hated by the majority of people. But in the midst of those vast crowds there is One who testifies of Him: it is the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Lord has sent down from His Father. Here He is called the Spirit of truth, because he bears witness to the truth.

Man’s hatred with regard to the Person of the Lord Jesus has its origin in lies and deception. But it someone testifies to the truth, it is important to believe and know Him. This Spirit indwells all the redeemed and motivates them to witness for their Lord.

The disciples’ testimony of their Lord was inseparable from the fact of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling. They witnessed for Him in the power of the Spirit. Even today it is the privilege of every Christian to witness for Him in that same power.

(to be continued next Sunday)