INDEX  INDIA  NEPAL  ABOUT US CENSUS INDIA STORY OF INDIA CHURCHES INDIA    KERALA   OUR INDIA PUBLICATIONS     HOME     GUEST BOOK

Saturday  19  January

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.  Acts 4, 12.

The question is often asked as to why the message of Jesus Christ should be the absolute truth. Christ should be the absolute truth. Aren’t there other estimable and valid religious, too?

The following answer comes from a Chinese scholar of Confucius who for long sought the truth. “As a result of my sins I slipped into a deep and slimy pit from which I could not extricate myself. Then wise Confucius came by and said, ‘You poor thing! If you had  listened to me, that would not have happened’. and went on his way. Then Buddha came along and called to me, ‘You poor wretch! If you work yourself halfway out, I’ll come to your aid’, and with that, off he went.. When Mohammed noticed me he shouted down into the pit, That’s kismet - irrevocable fate!’ and he, too, continued his journey. Finally Jesus Christ came  by. He saw me, climbed down into the pit and fetched me out”.

The Lord Jesus was aware of our great need, the problem of our sin. He came  into this sinful world to save us. He gave His life for all who sense their lost state and call upon Him for help.

Have an human founders of religious done anything similar to that? They could not, since only the sinless Son of God could atone for sins. Out of amazing love towards us He became Man to be punished and die in the place of lost sinners. That is  why faith in Jesus Christ alone can rescue us from the abyss of sin and save us from the punishment we deserved.