INDEX  INDIA  NEPAL  ABOUT US CENSUS INDIA STORY OF INDIA CHURCHES INDIA     KERALA   OUR INDIA PUBLICATIONS       HOME          GUEST BOOK

Wednesday  16  January

He that spared  not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all.

God commended  his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners,  Christ died for us.    Romans 8, 32 & 5, 8.

“What shall I do?” was the question asked by the rich farmer (Luke 12, 17). His land had yielded a great harvest, so that he wondered where he could store it all. He was thinking of the future and exclaimed, “Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years: take thane case, eat, drink, and be merry”. In other words, “Enjoy life!” Then God spoke to him; “Thou fool,  this night thy soul shall be required of thee”.

Centuries before king Solomon had written, “Labor not to be rich: cease from thane own wisdom. Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not?” To run after this world’s goods and neglect treasure in heaven is foolishness indeed.

“What shall I do?” In a parable in Luke 20, 13 it is God who asks the  selfsame question. Here we see God’s untiring love for His unfaithful people Israel. He had spoken often enough, but Israel had not listened. “What shall I do?” I will send my beloved son”. Now you know only too well what Israel and the other nations did to God’s beloved Son; they crucified Him. Yet in His boundless love God declares that he will give eternal life to whoever believes in Him.

“What shall I do?” Now it is your turn to ask the question. The only reasonable answer that you  can give is to accept God’s gift in faith.