INDEX  INDIA  NEPAL  ABOUT US CENSUS INDIA STORY OF INDIA CHURCHES INDIA     KERALA   OUR INDIA PUBLICATIONS     HOME            GUEST BOOK

Tuesday  8  January

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3, 28.

“Are you saved?” a born again Christian once asked a chance encounter. “I do my best,” was the reply. “So do I,” said the Christian, “but not to be saved. I have already been saved”.

Countless persons still think they can be saved by what they term “good works”. They acknowledge that in their natural state they cannot meet with God’s approval. They cannot be counted among the mass of indifferent souls who never inquire after God or consider the matter of eternity. Unfortunately we human beings have the urge to endeavor to satisfy God in our own way. That has always been so. In some heathen religious people have thought that by sacrificing their own children they might be able to reconcile the gods.

The error in this line of thought lies in the fact that God has no need to be reconciled with us: He is not man’s enemy, but rebellion lies on our side. If God intervenes painfully in the lives of some nations, then He does so to awaken us and remind us of His claims upon us. As a righteous Jude He must condemn evil, but He is never against us.

We need to be reconciled with Him. That can only come about by means of a far-reaching change within us: conversion, which begins with our confession of our sense before God and placing our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, His Son, to obtain forgiveness and peace.

(to be concluded tomorrow)