Scary Movie

Vampirates

Twilight of the Dead

Cursed Part 3

Cut

To News Archive

Back to Main

SATURDAY APRIL 29, 2000

The teaser is online straight from ET to those on the INTERNET.. BWP2, Check out the cinemenium site that has it. Than download the 10.9 meg MPG. (DH) Variety is now calling the sequel "Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows" (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Tom Green is going to be starring in the remake of "The Monster" a comedy originally made in 1994 by Academy Award Winner Robert Benigni. The film is about a mild mannered man is mistaken for a serial killer. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

The CG Frankenstein Project.. That was abandoned.. Is still in that stage, but the test footage has turned up at AICN. There was 17 seconds of footage created and it is available for your viewing pleasure. econo size, 1.3meg, and large 7.2 meg mov. As Frankenstein is by far my favourite of the Universal classics I was pretty much hanging on it not being made. So I'm releaved in one way. But when you see the footage you will not be able to deny more than a passing resemblance that the monster has to Karloff in the Whale versions of Frankenstein. You'll surely note by the tone used in the AICN article that ILM the creators of the CGI, were not impressed by the shattering of a dream that they had and how it was never to be. (AICN) (HFA NEWS)

FRIDAY APRIL 28, 2000

I'm having CPU problems.. Sorry for the late update.. Anyone want to donate a new Hardrive and CD-ROM?? :)

DD got a picture of the BWP2 poster.. (DD) (HFA NEWS)

Fans of Arnie have snapped some pictures of him on the set of "The 6th day". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The next installment of WICKED magazine will have a bit of information on JASON VOORHEES in the form of an interview with Kane Hodder. Parts of which have popped up on CSO. News on JASON X and FREDDY VS. JASON.

"I'm far more comfortable than I've ever been as far just being hot or constricted. This is the easiest I've had it with that part, just the way the costume is designed. For once, the costumes have been designed with comfort in mind, which helps my performance. [Otherwise] you start getting really worn out by the end of the day. You don't want your performance to suffer because you're energy isn't there."

For the grisly work at hand, Hodder also does something unusual to prepare himself for the task at hand that one might assume could be very disturbing for others on the set given his physical presence. Hodder explains, "Right when we roll, I usually just do a little growling stuff. I've always done that since the beginning. People are always surprised at first but then they get used to it. I do it just about every take, especially if there's something violent I'm doing. It just gets the energy to the right level. I think some of the other guys who played Jason before me didn't really take it seriously, didn't really try and add anything to the character. They figured, eh, he's just a zombie that walks around. Anybody can do that. That's not true. I just try to put more into it, there's some breathing things I'm noted for."

Hodder is well aware of the popularity of the franchise and how eager the fans are to see the long in the works Freddy Vs. Jason reach fruition. When asked how he felt the upcoming Jason X would do, Hodder gleefully declared, "It'll do very well. I do appearances around the country every year and the only question I consistently get is when's the next movie coming out? Because it's been so long, people are really ready for it, even though most people thought it was going to be Freddy vs. Jason, they don't care as long as Jason's coming back. They're very, very excited. I get 50 e-mails a day asking me about it. When I go on the Internet trying to even check my mail, then I'll get 30 instant messages of people who have me on there buddy list. I can't even check my mail. There's really good excitement about it."

Hodder also presumes that Freddy vs Jason is coming, saying, "I'm sure it will happen, and I definitely want to do it because that would be something that the fans have really been waiting for. I think it would be fun to kick Freddy's ass." (CSO) (HFA JASONX) (HFA FvJ)

Catherine Dent is joining the cast of REPLICANT. Which is directed by Ringo Lam. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

HOW's Horror ranking at the Box office??
Easter WEEKEND

American Psycho left the US BO as quick as it entered. Whilst there was a tie for 9. between to Horror films.

Australia $ top 20 United States $ top 10 United Kingdom 15

NO stats this week

Sorry..

9. The Skulls
2.8 mill to 30.4 mil

9. Final Destination
2.8 mil 42.6mil

NO stats this week

Sorry..

WEDNESDAY APRIL 26, 2000

Finally there are pictures from the set of JASON X. Doesn't the big fellah look scary?? You may notice that JASON has a Hockey Mask that looks like it is an after PART 3 hockey mask. IE the AXE marking on it. But those who saw #9 know that JASON has a hockey mask that was eaten away a bit at the top. I guess that JASON is in fact a little frozen because of a certain freezing process mentioned in many synopsis's so far. They came from DD. (DD) (HFA NEWS)

There is a new HORROR video source on the INTERNET, it's called SLEDGEHAMMER VIDEO. They are claiming to be the best source for uncut genre films from around the world.

New information on BLAIR WITCH 2, has popped up on Cinescape. It is basically the information from ET.

"I'm taking the idea of the Blair Witch and pushing it in a whole other direction."
-- director Joe Berlinger, to ET

We know what audiences did last summer -- they all went and saw the scariest flick to sneak onto the screen in years. Whether you believed in the "Blair Witch" or not, chances are you sat in a dark theater and watched as three unsuspecting college students ventured out into the forest, never to be seen again. Now the hunt is on once more as a new cast of characters head off in search of the legend. Only Entertainment Tonight has the exclusive world premiere interview with 'Blair Witch 2' director JOE BERLINGER and a peek at the frightening footage from this highly anticipated sequel. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

ANZAC DAY APRIL 25, 2000 (TUESDAY)

"Lest We Forget...

The horror faced by the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp (ANZAC's) during the wars. This day is dedicated to those who returned and those who were not so lucky."

Sorry for the lack of updates.. Easter Holidays, I was down the coast.. But I'm back now.

News on Blair Witch 2, has popped up on DH. ET will be showing the first exclusive footage from the film on Thursday, whilst the official site has opened a new section. Within the new section is information on TWANA a type of witchcraft based on placement of rocks and other freaky things, go check it out for yourself. (DH) Info on the TEASER was leaked to the Diabolical Dominion, This is what it is said to be: "Its the same length as the original teaser, but this time simply features ooky chanting accompanying reddish-orange illuminated iconography (all and all, very Stigmata-esque) and yes, it does refer to the film as The Blair Witch Project 2. Artisan plans to, predictably, go all out with promotions for the film, including installation of 'Internet kiosks' at major theatres that will allow patrons to visit the Blair Witch website." (DD) (HFA NEWS)

Nightbreed 2 does not sound as much like a PIPE DREAM as it once did.. After the script written in 97 was neglected for sucj a long time one could easily assume the film was on the backburner indefinately. Artisan has bought the script and Barker is serving as Exec Producer. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Seems Ali Larter and Taye Diggs are returning in House On Haunted Hill 2. The production team for the posted a casting call at UCLA for extras in a sequence where, Sara Wolfe (Ali Larter) warns her boss (Debie Mazar) not to buy the House. Another sequence has Eddie (Taye Diggs) being interviewed by Mazar about the house, only to become trapped, once again, within its walls. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Harrison Ford has spoken out, about his role in What Lies Beneath, "It's a thriller with supernatural overtones. I play a professor of genetics at a small college in Vermont . . . My wife, played by Michelle Pfeiffer, is beginning to see things that may or may not be ghosts."
(CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Kathleen Turner has accepted the lead role in Jurassic Park 3, she will be playing T-Rex, just kidding. Turners role in the film will not be a lead role, more of an important role in the context of the film. As for rumours of a teaser, these were all false. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Rob Zombie has been attached and unattached to several horror films lately.. Hell his song ":Living Dead Girl" has been in about as many horror films as he has been slated to direct, but this time we are hoping that he will finally get the final push to make a film. It is titled "House of 1000 Corpses". The film is set to have gore, scares and nudity and is targeted for a late 2000 early 001 release. Universal Studios in Hollywood will be setting up a Haunted House based on the film for Halloween 2000. (DD) (HFA NEWS)

Upcoming Horror Movies (UPC) posted some unconfirmed rumors the otherday.

Plot details for H2K Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) has been afraid ever since Michael Myers tried to kill her and now she is going through mental help. She eventually falls in love with her doctor, but it's the day before the new millennium and she begins to get threats and people turn up missing. Her son Jon (Josh Hartnett) returns home, but when the clock strikes midnight all hell breaks loose in the final Halloween. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

A sequel, The Relic2 : The horror hit 'The Relic' is about to be created into a sequel. It's five years later and the two main characters from the first film are now a couple and still at the same job. The museum is restored and a group of scientists find the relics body and brings the relic back; making it stronger, faster and smarter. When it escapes all hell brakes loose. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

A film based on that famous secret base, AREA 51 MOVIE, The secret air base known as Area 51 is starting an experiment that could replace the human race. Scientists injected a liquid into a human subject and now he's slowly transforming into a deadly killing machine. (UPC) I'll keep an eye on this first.. I'm not sure how real it is yet.

Ray Liotta is on the verge of signing on for a role in Hannibal. If he does sign he will be playing tyhe role of FBI investigator Thomas Krendler (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Steve Beck is being considered as the director for "13 Ghosts". (DD) (HFA NEWS)

The next TOHO Godzilla film is tentativley titled, "Godzilla Vs. Maganuron".. HFA will keep an eye on this film but don't expect regular updates until it is a sure thing.

THURSDAY APRIL 20, 2000

What happens when the wife of a brilliant director in the horror new wave, gets together with one of the internet's biggest Horror Fan-boys??

The Answer is.....

DEMONIUM

The director, Andreas Schnaas (ANTHROPOPHAGOUS 2000). The writers, Sonja Schnaas (the wife) and Ted Geoghegan (DIABOLICAL DOMINION). The trailer has been released. In TEXT FORM. Here it is for your reading pleasure.

DEMONIUM - THE TRAILER

-Fade in.

1) A young man lies on a sofa in a psychiatrist's office, speaking to the
doctor. (FROM SCENE 1)
PATIENT. (Offscreen)
They're dead. They died years ago.
PSYCHIATRIST.
Do you think that their deaths have anything
to do with your recent hostility?
PATIENT. (Offscreen)
No. I was never close to them.

-Fade out.

-Slow music begins.

2) An aerial shot of the Berger Castle, ancient and majestic. Narration
begins.
NARRATION.
In a remote estate, an evil is about to be
unleashed... Far from society.

3) Shot of the freak's chains, hanging from the ceiling of the torture
chamber.
NARRATION. (Continued)
Far from the boundaries of law...

4) Maria frantically rides away from the castle on her bicycle. (FROM SCENE
10)
NARRATION. (Continued)
And hopelessly far from salvation.

5) Shot of the underground tunnels. A gust of wind blows aside ancient
cobwebs.
NARRATION. (Continued)
An evil...

6) Arnold and Anton stand in a complex laboratory. An unconscious woman is
laid out on the table in front of them.
NARRATION. (Continued)
that will change the face of horror forever.

7) Viktor rushes through the castle's front doors, nudging Sabine aside.
(FROM SCENE 62)

8) Rasmus stands in front of Arnold's heirs, reading the last will and
testament. (FROM SCENE 34) The narration begins again.
NARRATION.
This Summer, the friends and family of Arnold
Berger will discover that a simple weekend
getaway to claim their inheritance is going to
be a lot harder than they expected... In fact,
it's going to be... murder.

9) Diana's abdomen explodes, showering the dinner table with her internal
organs. (FROM SCENE 29)

-The music shifts to jarring techno/metal.

10) Maria leaps backwards, shrieking. (FROM SCENE 8)

11) Arnold rushes down the hallway, oozing blood everywhere. (FROM SCENE 2)

12) Anton dazedly leaps from his chair, crushing a water glass underfoot as
he runs from the room. (FROM SCENE 45)

13) The freak leaps into a corner and hides behind a wooden rack, trembling
nervously. (FROM SCENE 58)

14) Anton states wrathfully at Arnold, seething with fury.
ANTON.
She's dead, Arnold! We've killed her!!!

15) Arms reach from a darkened doorway, grasping Violetta by the shoulders
and violently yanking her into the darkness. (FROM SCENE 72)

-Fade in on BLACK SCREEN.
TEXT.
From acclaimed director Andreas Schnaas.

16) Helena groggily reaches over the edge of the blood bathtub for a towel,
revealing her back. The skin has been all but stripped from it, exposing her
spinal cord and ribs. (FROM SCENE 39)

17) Blood streaks Rasmus' lips. He tries to kiss Maria, but she turns away.
(FROM SCENE 33)

18) Viktor turns to Nina, smiling.
VIKTOR.
I should be fine until tomorrow.
One night shouldn't kill me.

19) FLASH CUT TO - (Black & White) A metal hook streaks through the air,
held by an unseen attacker. (AS SEEN IN SCENE 41)

-The music suddenly stops.

-Text on BLACK SCREEN.
TEXT.
Demonium

-Fade in.

20) Rasmus flashes the camera an evil smile.

-Fade out.

-Text on BLACK SCREEN.
TEXT.
Coming soon.
Bring your bodybag.

Still haven't got the drift as far as the film goes?? Well here is a brief synopsis.... After Arnold Berger is murdered, Rasmus informs Arnold's Heirs of their inheritance. The heirs are Sabine Noak, Diana Sammer, Felix Baumann and Anton Marquardt. What the heirs don't know is, the same murderous fate awaits them at the castle. However the cruelest fate could met by the murderer when the victims return from the dead, to seek revenge.

Ass you can see from the short synopsis, Ted and Sonja really have worked well as a writing team, and if previous writing by Ted and his webpage and horror intelligence (he has a book on the the genre coming soon) are anything to go by this could be one of the greatest films of 2001.

So far attached to the film is Jason Collins from K'n'B Effects, the fx crew behind the bloodbath that was "From Dusk Till Dawn", "in the mouth of madness" and much much more.. Demonium is reported to have more GORE effects shots than Peter Jackson's BRAINDEAD/ DEAD ALIVE.

Lloyd Kaufmann (CEO TROMA) has signed on to do a cameo. The rest of the cast has not been confirmed as of yet, but names that are coming up include, Reggie Bannister (Phantasm), Andrew Divoff (Wishmaster), Debbie Rochon (Tromeo and Juliet) and Will Keenen (Tromeo and Juliet).

The film will be shot on 35mm and will be Andreas first jump into that stock. The filming location is GOSLAR, GERMANY. The film takes place in a massive castle and the location for that is still being scouted.

The official site is opening MAY 10 at www.demonium-themovie.com .

Andreas's official site is www.anthroproject.de . (HFA NEWS)

Here is a new American Psycho Poster, like the other poster they have gone for the reflection motif, but this time Bale is also in the picture. The slogan, "KILLER LOOKS" I know the poster is old I'm just late getting onto it. (HFA NEWS)

WEDNESDAY APRIL19, 2000

A sequel to one of the better jump scares remakes of recent years is reportedly in the works. House on Haunted Hill 2, Dick Deebe the writer on the original is working on a story about a woman (Debi Mazar) that buys the house and tries to convert it into a business. For those who saw the film, there is a possibility of running several buisnesses from that house and even turning it into a shopping center, god knows the potential money that could be made by leasing out thos underground passageways for a HMV store or a TARGET. :) Anyhow the film is in the casting stage at the moment and I think it'll be one to keep an eye out for. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Finally word on X The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, it's a mouth full as far as titles go, but it is the next Tim Burton film. Caroline Thompson (nightmare before Christmas) has written the screenplay and the film will be produced by Lou Arkoff, Ashok Amritraj and David Homerman. It is based on the 1963 Roger Corman film. The original was an interesting film about a Doctor Xavier who put drops in his eyes, which enhanced his visual capabilities. However the doctors life falls apart and he continues to drop the stuff into his eyes until he can see the ends of reality and something else looking back at him. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

15th of April WEEKEND

Despite the controversy. American Psycho opened small. Final Destination opened in Australia, although the film is brilliant there was very little fuss made about it, the film was cursed as it opened the same week as a Julia Roberts film. M2M opened in the UK to a mild success, it was up against a Pokemon film and a Julia Roberts film.

4. Mission to Mars
667 thou, 2.2 mil

5. Final Destination
621 thou

9. Scream 3
339 thou, 5.7 mill

14. The Green Mile
96 thou, tot 12.6 mil

7. American Psycho
4.9 million

8. The Skulls
4 mill to 25.7 mil

9. Final Destination
2.8 mil 38 mil

3. Mission to Mars
767 thou

6. Lake Placid
446 thou 2.7mil

9.The Green Mile
187 thou, tot 6.5 mil

TUESDAY APRIL18, 2000

GODZILLA 2 is to be set in SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, maybe. It's about time the bastard made his way downunder. This is the NEW GODZILLA, the one created by computers, by self accredited popcorn movie making dudes Devlin and Emmerich (Stargate). However Devlin and Emmerich has been booted off the project now by SONY. Prior to the booting Devlin and Emmerich at Centropolis, had hired Tab Murphy to write the screenplay for the second film. Thiw story was to include Godzilla in Australia fighting a giant insect, well I guess it could have been worse Giant (add yout own marsupial here, Koala, Kangaroo..). However this is still all heresy.. The other rumor is that CENTROPOLIS/SONY GODZILLA will go up against the TOHO GODZILLA. Who knows. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

I can't believe the site has been around for nearly 1 years and a half now.. I didn't even celebrate the anniversary.. :( Mid September 1998 was when this page was for begun. Originally set up to help me get some surveys done for MEDIA STUDIES. Now it has become a pretty darn cool and reliable horror news source. So far the page has spanned 3 years while being in existance for less than 2 (you figure it out). As a consequence I have covered news since 1998 on the horror genre. Sometime ago for some reason, I accidently put the wrong link to the site for a trully unque film called WONDERGUY (1998), and well this news update is to be nostalgic and say sorry for doing that. It is all fixed now. :) Well There have been plenty of mistakes on this page in its short history. If you find one send me info on where it is.. There are over 500 individual pages now in HFA.. Yeah.. I know it's a lot. It is getting impossible to check over each page every now. Here's fun fact. If the website was converted into a book it would have over 1700 written pages and it would contain 929 different pictures. (I was going to sit down and work out how many words and full stops that is, but I didn't.) So what I'm trying to say is that this page is 100% effort.

The director of WONDERGUY, MURAD GUMEN, has begun work on a new film called EVE's PREYER, which he has also written. It poses the question, "How does one deal with a sociopath?", someone that doesn't play by the rules of civility and citizenship. What if that sociopath has it in for you, what ways could your world be turned upside down by a back the front person. The film is an ambitious project and one to keep a sharp eye on. (HFA NEWS)

The above picture is of Biltmore House (I think it looks more like a palace, but anywho) in Asheville, North Carolina. It is said to be a location for HANNIBAL. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

iFUSE somehow got onto the set of JASON X and this is what they SAW. The film WILL have the highest body count ever in a F13 film (30 or more). Jason is ressurected using Nanotechnology which makes him more powerfull than ever before.. Hence the tagline "EVIL GETS AN UPGRADE". (ifuse) (HFA NEWS)

MONDAY APRIL17, 2000

Seems like ages since the last update.. I'm taking weekends off from now on. :)

Aha, I knew it wasn't final. The Matrix 2 has not signed solidly to be made in Australia. London and Canada are still wanting the production. What next Hollywood. Keeping you posted on the adventures of whether or not will be HFA. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Yippee one of the best films I have seen recently in the NEW HORROR breed was "Final Destination", there is going to be a sequel made called "Final Destination 2". The most amazing thing about the film was the fact there was NO KILLER, that all deaths were all coincidental / accidental. Can the sequel keep it up, I hope so. Glenn Morgan and James Wong are going to be returning and are hoping to reinstate the Devon Sawa character into the film, but this time there will be additional themes to the obvious CHEATING DEATH. I'm already putting money aside for this film. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Gary Oldman is in talks to play MASON in HANNIBAL. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

Everyone is talking about the latest comic to be converted to film "Death: The High Cost of Living", IGN got an interview with Director Neil Gaiman who has said.
"It's going to be bigger. If you took [the graphic novel] and made a film out of it, you'd have a fairly cool 40-minute film. So it needs to grow. It needs to grow in a few ways. There are things which in the context of the graphic novel, I was perfectly happy to peter out...More stuff will happen. It will get much riskier.
At heart, it's the same story. It's the idea that you have a young man who thinks he wants to die, who meets a young girl who claims to be Death, who teaches him the meaning of life. Or that there is some reason to stick around. That story won't change.

Regarding casting, IGN asked Gaiman about the possibility of Fairuza Balk getting the call.

I like Fairuza enormously, and I'm pretty damn sure that she'd love to be Death. I've seen her quoted in interviews as saying she'd love to be Death. [But] there is no casting yet. Casting, when it happens, will have to be done with Warners and Village Roadshow. And I think it's really that I will get to have lunch with all the possible contenders. So that makes me enormously happy. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

If you want to check out STOP IT, YOU'RE KILLING ME! , the completed version with all the great perks including.. Going to see it at show with Dawn of Dead Cast members.. Click above to find out more.

FRIDAY APRIL14, 2000

So will there be an American Psycho 2, looks likely LIONS GATE are hunting down Bret Ellis to try and get sequel rights to his novel. LG want to put the killer in another city, Silicon Valley or Hollywood have been mentioned. Ellis has said on the matter, "It's insane. I am not kidding at all. I have been pressured, and they've been in negotiations with my agency, and nothing's been settled yet, but I just think things are getting out of hand, basically". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

A couple of reviews for American Psycho appeared on DH today. HERE, HERE and HERE. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Rumors have it that Wes Bentley is no longer interested in playing Lestat in "Queen of the Damned" as he has no longing to be in Australia for such a long time, because he'll miss his family and friends. Well Wes I've been here all my life.... Good choice..<just kidding> Will this put Heath Ledger back on the cards??? In other news HIP HOP artist Aaliyah is joing the cast, well Lestat is a rock star so I guess the only thing that can beat rock is... <fill in the gap> (DH) (HFA NEWS)

News about Blair Witch 2 turned up at Diabolical Dominion.
Boston College was a scheduled shooting locale, but because the crew would not supply the school with a plot synopsis, Berlinger and his crew were sent packing, just as they were several weeks ago when they wanted to head back to Burkittsville. Since the story reportedly revoled around four Boston College students, it is now unclear if the school they are from will be changed, or if a substitute school will be made to appear as though it is actually Boston University. Additional scenes will be shot in a Pasadena, Maryland movie theater later this month.

One of Joe Berlinger's close friends also recently mentioned that this film "will be more like Scream than the first one in terms of the visual style. "Well, not really like Scream," he said, "given the context of the film, but not as 'documentary' as the first film." This should be interesting. (DD) (HFA NEWS)

WEDNESDAY APRIL12, 2000

Thanks to everyone who made it to "The Exorcist" last night, next month we will have "CARRIE" for you.

There seems to be a bit of confusion over who the credited writer for "impostor" is. The film was converted from a 40 minute short to a feature, after being part of "The Alien Love Triangle". Here is what a scooper at DH had to say.
"The draft(s) 'Stax' read the other day was before Richard Jeffries came onboard. Richard worked with Director Gary Fleder ("Kiss the Girls") and the Dimension guys for a while then rewrote 65 pages, most of the second act and bits of the first. The third act is exactly as it was already filmed for the 40 minute short (originally part of the "Alien Love Triangle" project)
The first three writers (Scott Rosenberg, Mark Protosevich & Caroline Case) only worked on the 40 minute version. Ehren Kruger was the only writer to work on the feature film script with Gary Fleder. For "insurance," Dimension also hired David Twohy to write alternate versions of some scenes. But he only turned in about 25 pages and left many problems unsolved. Richard Jeffries was the one to clean up the shooting script and iron out the story problems."
(DH) (HFA NEWS)

Regular internet script reviewer "stax" (I've always wondered exactly who STAX is), has popped off a review of "Blade2: Bloodhunt" at DH, it has minor spoilers. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Huey Lewis has asked that his song "Hip to be Square" is taken off the soundtrack to "American Psycho", because him and management believed the film to be too violent. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

The Matrix has gained another Special Effects award at the BAFTA's (Brit Academy of Film and Television Arts". (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

7th of April WEEKEND

Horror stays quites in the US both releases now past the 20 million mark. In Australia Mission to Mars opened outside of the top spot. Lake Placid drops a spot in the UK

2. Mission to Mars
1.1 mill

6. Scream 3
557 thou, 5.1 mill

11. The Green Mile
181 thou, tot 12.4 mil

5. The Skulls
6.4 mill to 20.1 mil

9. Final Destination
3.9 mil 33.9 mil

2. Lake Placid
652 thou 2mil

6.The Green Mile
225 thou, tot 6.1 mil

TUESDAY APRIL11, 2000

The trailer for "Evil Dead- Hail To the King" is now on line. As phot realistic as it is remember it is a GAME, not another film. It is worth the download VERY IMPRESSIVE. The video is available to be downloaded in several formats HERE. (DD)

The Exorcist is on tonight at Boggo Road Gaol, be there to win a double pass to "Stir of Echoes".

Ridley Scott talks about the casting of HANNIBAL, he even hints at Julianne Moore being the better chocie for the role (talk about twist the knife), could this be the film that gives Moore her first Oscar, well she is due: "Anthony [Hopkins] was always keen, but he wanted to see a finished script. That's understandable… Jodie was waffling. She didn't like the arc (author) Thomas Harris had given Clarice. Jodie suggested changing plot points and the ending, so we commissioned that script with the approval of Tom. That was very understanding and co-operative of Tom, considering he'd spent nine years writing the sequel. Eventually, Jodie just said no -- which I suspect is what she had wanted to say from the beginning.", "Jodie was magnificent as the innocent rookie FBI agent Clarice was in Silence, but it's 10 years later, so she can't be innocent for Hannibal. I think Julianne is a better choice for the role as Tom conceived it." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Joe Pantoliano (a regular in Wachowski films) will be returning in THE MATRIX 2, according to what he said toa columinst. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

More SCREAM SEQUELS than you can point a stick at. Miramax has reportedly bought up Scream4.com and Scream5.com in fact they have bought all the domains up to Scream10 so what they are trying to say is.. We lied. Apparently none of the original cast has signed back on or expressed interest. I hope they don't I'm really sick of the repeated plot with the same characters, change the character miramax, I dare you. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Courtney Love is landing a 7 figure salary for "Ghost's of Mars". (RS) (HFA NEWS)

The Gory Details has been bought up by touchstone pictures, it is an idea by Topper Lillien and Carroll Cartwright. The payment was in the low six figure sum bracket. Michael Bay (The insider) is set to produce and possibly direct the film. It is about a cleaning group that cleans up places that had dead bodies, crime scenes etcetera. This is not the first film to deal with this subject matter, check out the brilliant film with Billy Baldwin in it, "Curdled" . (RS) (HFA NEWS)

MONDAY APRIL10, 2000

The Diabolical Dominion site based entirely on "Friday the 13th" has now opened. It is called "CRYSTAL LAKE" for obvious reasons (no not because it is really a lake made of crystals).

The trailer for SCARY MOVIE is now available HERE, it is a 7.2 meg MOV. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The Gift is now in post-production, you may have glimpsed bits and pieces of the film on shows like ET, but so far not a huge amount of production has leaked. Well it's in the hands of editors and sound dudes now. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

"The 2000 Scary movie Awards" Voting is about to commence.

Video Wasteland Show will be screening many great new horror films including Stop It, YOu're Killing Me!. Stacks of horror celebs to see, so check tme out.

SATURDAY APRIL 8, 2000

New picture from the upcoming serial killer film "The Cell" starring Jennifer Lopez. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

There has been a shift in production status on "Sherlock Holmes and the Vengeance of Dracula", according to Corona, including the departure of Chris Colombus as the director.
"I've read the script, and it's really very good, combining a mystery and a great character with elements of the supernatural. Kind of like The Mummy with an intellectual edge and the focus on character and plot with special effects present, but taking a backseat. Dracula is a terrifying villain, and Moriarty walks the line between good and evil with his criminal activities tempered by a faint code of honor.

"But I am concerned that it might not be made. Chris Columbus has signed on for the new Harry Potter movie, which leaves SHATVOD without a director. A search for another might begin, but it has been a while since any news of the project came up. They might wait until Columbus is finished, but that would take time, and I fear that Columbia Pictures may lose interest. Last anyone heard, they were looking at an actor who would be perfect for Sherlock Holmes, and preparing to get the ball rolling.

"That's my news, that Columbus is working on something else. It's not unknown, but it is not present on your page. I hope you didn't mind going through several lines of opinion." (COR) (HFA NEWS)

Universal has snagged a pitch for a supernatural horror film called "The Immortals" according to CSO. The concept has been created by Michael Jonascu and Justin Stanley and is about four young guys who get the chance to become immortal. However to become immortal they must first choose someone to die their death for them. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

There is a report on Corona about the film "6th Day" starring Arnie.
"The huge water tank is being dismantled on the set at North Shore studios," writes our scooper, filling us in on the latest happenings on the set of the recently re-titled The 6th Day. "There was a nifty piece of second unit photography involving a big water dump from the tank and a bunch of guys in strange looking wetsuits. Tuesday, Arnold S. was on set at the Centennial terminal on the Vancouver docks filming a scene where he talks to himself. He was green-screened in one direction talking to air and then filmed again looking at himself in a monitor. He was carrying on an animated conversation with his 'clone'. He was in good spirits considering the weather (a cold and really windy day) and had his wife Maria and little girl on set with him." ['On Set' is seeing double.] (COR) (HFA NEWS)

FRIDAY APRIL 7, 2000

There is a new film on the way from the people who brough us the INDIE short "Y2K-Shut Down Detected". It is entitled "The New Chapter" (A Cereberous Film) the official site is http://www.thenewchapter.com/ . The film is about a small time thief called Jacob, that owes a big boss (Mr. Nick) a considerable debt. Jacob (Todd Crawford) puts together a crew of six people to retrieve and heirloom, which becomes a very dangerous. Pictured above (in order) are Leonard Clifton as "Morris Spivey", Jeff McCullough as "Tucker Cassidy" and Tommy Watt as "Derrick Cassidy". Long Live INDIE HORROR. (HFA NEWS)

A new picture from the film "Impostor". There is also a review for the film with minor spoilers at Cinescape. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Info on Blade 2 has popped up on Darkhorizons: Del Toro talks,"This is the first project in which I didn't write the story, but it has a script that I really liked, besides, when I finished 'Cronos' I still had a lot of vampire ideas that I couldn't develop due to budgetary constraints". Toro met with scribe David S. Goyer three weeks ago to discuss changes to the script which will have a different emphasis than the first movie "The first part explored his interaction with society in a modern city and now the idea is to see how he functions from within". Del Toro has other work to do before shooting though, he's teaming up with Pedro Almodóvar for "El espinazo del Diablo" ("The Devil's Backbone") which will be shot in Spain starting in June, and is about a ghost who haunts an orphanage during the Spanish Civil War" (DH) (HFA NEWS)

A negative review of "American Psycho" popped up on DH. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

A positive review of "Cherry Falls" is located at DH. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

THURSDAY APRIL 6, 2000

The ass kicking JET LI (Lethal Weapon 4, Romeo Must Die) is being hunted down by the Wachowskis for a role in the Matrix Sequels. They just have to figure out a way to fit him into the budget (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

According to POPCORN and CSO Oded Fehr is very happy with The Mummy 2 script : , "The script is fantastic. Steve Sommers, who wrote and directed the first one, has come up with an absolutely brilliant story. What I was afraid of was that the sequel was going to be a little bit of a lame story, because it's difficult… How are you going to bring the Mummy back and all the rest of that, but it's not. It's really a very intricate story. It's great. It's very interesting. There's a few new characters in this one, one of 'em a little kid." Shooting begins in May, if you want to hear the above quote click HERE. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Heather Graham might be joining the cast of FROM HELL playing the role of an IRISH PROSTITUE, that is being stalked by Jack the Ripper. Johnny Depp will be playing the role of Frederick Abberline a detective on the trail of Jack.(CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Sure this isn't horror but the first glimpse of Peter (Bad Taste, Dead Alive/Braindead, Frighteners, Heavenly Creatures) Jackson's LOTR will be cool to glimpse at because of the ugly creatures WETA inc will have made.All of this teaser will be available at the films OFFICIAL SITE... In a couple of days.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 5, 2000

Upcoming Horror Movies.com has scanned up some pictures from the latest FANGORIA. They are from incoming films.

CROW: SALVATION (HFA NEWS)
c/o www.upcominghorrormovies.com .

THE CONVENT (HFA NEWS)

THE WISDOM OF CROCODILES
To all appearances, Steven Grlscz has everything. He masterfully seduces women, but for him this is not a game. It is a lonely and desperate pursuit for a woman's love he literally cannot live without. When the body of his latest conquest is found at sea, he knows the trail will eventually lead to him, and he contacts the police under the pretense of aiding their investigation and moves on to his next victim. Anne Levels proves more of a challenge than he ever expected, although she is torn between thinking she's in love and doubting him. Proof that her perfect love is vital to Steven's survival and her uncertainty is slowly killing him. The film stars Jude Law, Elina Lowensohn and Kerry Fox and is directed by Po-Chih Leong. It opens in the USA next month. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

April Fools WEEKEND

The teen thriller THE SKULLS opens at #3 while the rest slip a few spots in the US charts. Scream 3 slips a spot in Australia while Green Mile moves up a spot (possibly due to Oscars). Lake Placid opens at number one in a sluggish box office week in the UK.

2. Scream 3
1.2 mill, 4.3 mill

6. The Green Mile
427 thou, tot 12.1 mil

3. The Skulls
11.4 mill

7. Final Destination
5.2 mil 28.2 mil

8. Mission to Mars
3.4 mill total 54.5 mil

1. Lake Placid
931 thou

5.The Green Mile
358 thou, tot 5.7 mil

TUESDAY APRIL 4, 2000

There is a 5.7 meg MPG that is a slurry of intereviews with Kevin Bacon, Elisabeth Shue and Verhoeven of "Hollow Man" available at HERE. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Bruce Campbell is attached to the next Phantasm film, it is called "Phantasm 2012 A.D.". Don Coscarelli and Roger Avery have been trying to get this film off the ground for some time they hope witht he signing of Bruce that the film will start going into high gear. But what of Reggie bannister is he still attached, will we see two horror film legends in one film?? The film has been in pre-production for sometime and was previously titled "Phantasm 1999". The above picture comes from some of the concept art available at the OFFICIAL SITE. It looks to be a armored version of REGGIE's Hemicuda. (HFA NEWS)

A whole bunch of news came in today about the Blair Witch Sequel.. Because it is spoiler orientated, to see the text you must highlight it with your mouse. It all comes from Cinemaniums Blair Witch page.

The film is scripted ... but it's also not scripted... A little twisted huh? There is a script with written dialogue. The actors do have scripted parts, but also parts in which they have no clue what is going to happen. They are going for realism as in the first film. Real emotions and real heart pounding fear. Some scenes are scripted but in the middle of them something happens and the actors respond naturally to the horror.

And the a spooky sequence-

Two girls and one guy are running through the woods screaming. A Blair Victim is standing half way up the trail butt naked. It's a very skinny guy and they placed this white powder makeup on his body to make him look white as a ghost. he has cuts and abrasions all over his body. he's standing in the middle of the trail making noises, but he has no tongue.

The actors knew they were supposed to run through the woods but they didn't know they were going to see the Blair Victim. One girl named Carrie fell to the ground in hysterics when she sees the Blair Victim approaching. The Blair Victim drops face first before the trio and they all freak out not knowing what is going on. The group calms down and talks about a whole lot of pointless stuff as they try to figure out what to do, they stop and listen but the strange sounds that were chasing them are no longer heard. The guy finally reaches down and rolls the Blair Victim over who opens his eyes and grab onto the guy's shoulders trying to scream out for help without a tongue. The Blair Victim screams words but they are hard to decipher. All the Blair Victim says is: "The gate... remember her gate..." Then the Blair Victim dies in his arms and they all freak. About that time a pounding comes up behind them in the woods... it's a scary sound... and they continued to run through the woods. After that they did a few retakes of that scene, but they were using the first shot because it looked so "damn real."

Remember that there is a dis-information campaign going on around the film and that if this does not end up in the movie don't blame me. Anyhow, if this above sequence ends up the film, I'm more than likely going to be a little annoyed as I think it is kind of tame. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

The official site for "Crow: Salvation" has opened. It has a lot of info on the soundtrack, some stuff about the film and a gallery. There is also a lot of stuff in their to make traditionalists scream. I'm looking forward to the film, I liked the sequel, so there. The above pictures come from the official site. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

MONDAY APRIL 3, 2000

What a turn of events.. It seems that after me spewign my guts out about MATRIX trilogy going offshore it (to england) it seems that Joel Silver has changed his mind (I'm sure it had nothign to do with what I said) and they will be shot in Australia at FOX studios. They will begin filming in about a year. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

A scooper for Darkhorizons got wind of the following scoop on the SCARY MOVIE trailer. It contains some jokes.. So if you hate jokes or don't want them spoiled.. Don't read the ITALICS.

"As best as I can remember these are the jokes/spoofs the trailer contained:
* It starts out (like every spoof movie trailer) with a serious intro. It makes you think this is going to be yet another sequel to the "Scream" movies. A cop tells a suspect that they're going to have to hold him there at the police station. Next scene shows the cop hugging the suspect tightly

* A girl is running away from a killer. Her shirt gets ripped off exposing a great body in lingerie. Slow down shot a la "Baywatch". She runs out into the street, sees her Dad driving and tries to signal him. He hits her and sends her flying into the air in gymnastic fashion

* The Scream Mask guy is chasing a woman up the stairs. To fend him off, the woman throws a giant vase at him, then a bicycle, then grandma (who happens to be walking by), then a stand-up piano

* A bunch of high schoolers hit a pedestrian in the street at night with a car. They argue over what to do with the body (a la "I Know What You Did...") as the pedestrian stands up and says "It's alright! I'm OK!". Not noticing, one of the kids discards an empty bottle, hitting the pedestrian in the head and knocking him out (dead?)

* Another guy tells his bed partner (who has guns), "Cover me, I'm going down", as he proceeds to "go down"

* Great shot of a girl jumping up in the air and kicking at a Scream-Mask guy in 3D slow-mo filmed a la "The Matrix" bullet-dodging scene. Mask guy dodges out of the way like Keanu as you hear his back crack painfully.

* A woman gets a call from the Scream Mask guy who says he's in the house. She says "I know. I see you behind the sofa." Cut to the sofa, with the Mask guy's feet sticking out from the back side

* Bedroom scene a la the makeout scene in "Nightmare On Elm Street". Instead of the guy getting sucked into the bed and erupting in a bath of blood, it appears that the victim guy shoots his wad in an explosive show of force shooting his girlfriend into the ceiling

* The trailer closes off with the Scream Mask guy calling three other guys a la the "Wassup!" beer commercial"

(DH) (HFA NEWS)

APRIL FOOLS DAY, 2000

Watch your back today guys and girls.. It's April Fools.. But I assure you the news and gossip on this page will be from some intelligent source.

Cinescape is reporting on troubles with TOM SAVINI's Project "VAMPIRATES", while at the same time giving hope too a fourth DEAD movie entitled "Twilight of the DEAD": Quote follows.
I got to meet Tom Savini this past weekend while he hosted a cinema festival down in Austin, Texas, at the Alamo Draft House, and he said that as of now the Vampirates movie is in financial Limbo. And waiting daily for the go ahead to finish. He also commented about the commentary track recorded recently with George Romero for the upcoming Knightriders dvd, and said that George was questioning Tom about the idea of another Living Dead film. Tom was very happy with the idea, with much applause from the crowd. the working title is "[Twilight] of the Dead." So it sounds like poor old Tom is in the wars again. (CSO) (vampirates) (twilight)

A new Blair Witch spoof is on the way according to Upcoming Horror Movies, this one is called "Cursed part 3". Actress Rae Dawn Chong will make her feature writing and directing debut on the independent horror genre spoof 'Cursed Part 3.' The story follows a crew filming a 'Blair Witch Project'-style documentary. Part of the comedy is that there are no 'Cursed Parts 1 & 2,' said Dana MacDuff, who will produce with Ken Schwenker. Shooting starts April 10 in Los Angeles (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

NO MORE ENTRIES ON THE CUT COMPETITION
we have a winner and that winner has a name.. That name is GLENN DUNKS, he figured out what HAND cameo Director Kimble Rendall had in his film CUT. The correct answer ladies and gentlemen boys and girls was: well i was racking my brains trying to think of where there was only a hand and I was surfing your site and I was in the spoiler room and I remembered a hand turning the gas thingy on the stove or whatever and I was like thats the only other place where there's only a hand. GLENN will be receiving a signed poster and CD soundtrack in the mail shortly. Thanks for playing I hope we can have more competitions in the future. (CUT SITE)

25th of March 2000 WEEKEND

Final Destination remains steady at 3 while Mission To Mars drops a couple of spots. A whole bunch of Australians went and saw Scream 3 and went home pissed off at how bad it was (Or was that just me), nope I watched faces coming out, not a single smile. A very dry horror week in the UK

1. Scream 3
2.52 mill

7. The Green Mile
466 thou, tot 11.5 mil

18. The 13th Warrior
34 thou, tot 1.5 mil

3. Final Destination
7.2 mil 20.3 mil

4. Mission to Mars
5.8 mill total 49.3 mil

3.The Green Mile
542 thou, tot 5 mil

These are the sources I get the info from, I add my own slant to them, however I use the NEWS as gathered from below. Unless stated otherwise.
DH = Darkhorizons.
IMDB = Internet Movie Data Base Studio Briefing
COR = Corona's Coming Attractions
CSO = Cinescape online.
D2K/DD = Diabolical Dominion.com
DRC = The Cabinet of Dr. Casey.
EO = E! Online / Yahoo
UPC= Upcoming Horror Movies.com
RS = Really Scary
HO = Horror Online.

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!