Pitch Black

Sherlock Holmes Vs. Dracula

Scream 3

Buffy

The Books of Blood

To News Archive

Back to Main

NEWS FOR TUESDAY FEBRUARY 29 , 2000

The first screenshot from Paul Verhoevens HollowMan popped up on DH after popping up in the swimsuit issue of Sprts illustrated. Checkout the official info site. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Dwayne Johnson has been offered the part of an evil DEMON in "The Mummy 2". He will play a half man/ half scorpion if he accepts the role. Johnson is better known as THE ROCK. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

CUT 2 is coming.. The CHAT TRANSCRIPT from tonight chat with KIMBLE, MOLLY and STEPHEN is ready for reading in at the CHAT section. of the unofficial site. There is confirmation of a sequel in the writings of the CHAT. Below is one question that I asked Kimble.

Question from GOREboy : Kimble: Will your next film be a sequel to CUT or something else??

KIMBLE RENDALL: A company called Trimark in the U.S. are going to release CUT and they want us to make a sequel...

KIMBLE RENDALL: We have started work on it (CUT)

NEWS FOR MONDAY FEBRUARY 28 , 2000

I scored an interview with Martin Fabinyi producer of CUT and CEO of Mushroom Pictures. I asked him some pretty interesting questions. To read the interview and get the latest news on CUT check out the Unofficial site that I started up. It is in full swing now.

The above pictures from Final Destination popped up at DH today. Still out to lunch on whether this is a teen thriller or a teen thriller trying to be a thriller. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR SATURDAY FEBRUARY 26 , 2000

Above are some more picture from the horror comedy "Little Nicky" starring Adam Sandler. At the very top you can see Quentin Tarantino who is also in the film. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The poster above is for Leprechaun: In the Hood. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Neal Stevens is becoming a big name in Horror writing, recently Dimension bought his screenplay "DEADER" (HFA NEWS) and he has been optioned to write other films including the sequel to The Blair Witch (HFA NEWS). www.absolutewrite.com has an interview with this star in the making. CLICK HERE.

Robert Rodriguez has signed on to direct a remake of the 1958 film BRAIN EATERS. Could this mean a hurry up for Hollywood to GO ZOMBIE MAD?? (D2K)

WWF wrestler known as THE (turn it side ways and stick up your candy a$$) ROCK aka Dwayne Johnson is up for a Han Solo like role in THE MUMMY 2. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR FRIDAY FEBRUARY 25 , 2000

The above is a new picture from "Urban Legend 2" it is c/o DH. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

News on the next M. Night film "Unbreakable" popped up on UPC While talking to USA Today columnist Jeannie Williams, M. Night Shyamalan described his next project as "a slightly larger cousin" of The Sixth Sense. The film tells the story of a man (Willis) who miraculously survives a train accident. Shyamalan says, "It'll feel like the same group of people made the movie. [Samuel L. Jackson will play] a stranger who offers a theory about why, and what he suggests kind of shakes up the family… It's not traditional action, no car chases, fruit stands turning over, [but] your heart should definitely be pounding." Production starts on April 17th on location in Philadelphia. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

The release date of "Crow Salvation" has been pushed back to MAY. (HO) (HFA NEWS)

Johnny Depp may turn up in the cast of "From Hell" according to rumors on CSO. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

There is a review of CHERRY FALLS over at DH but it is filled to the brim with spoilers and is fairly negative. If you still want to check it out CLICK HERE. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 23 , 2000

CUT HFA SPOTlight slowly opening

CAUTION- WEBSITES CAN KILL

Pricipal photography started on THE GIFT on FRIDAY. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Rumors are floating around that Wes Bentley will be in Queen of The Damned. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

HOW's Horror ranking at the Box office??
19th of Feb 2000 WEEKEND

The made in Queensland, Australia Horror flick "Pitch Black" opened strongly despite a horror overload because of the Scream film. The blair witch crawled back into the Australian top 20 aided by several outdoor screenings, thanks to DENDY for the extra info on that.

Australia $ top 20 United States $ top 10 United Kingdom 15

1. The Green Mile
1.7 mil, 4.98 mil

6. The House on Haunted Hill
457 thou, 1.6 mil

20. The Blair Witch Project
42 thou, 10.12 mil

4. Pitch Black
14 mill

6. SCREAM 3
9.8 mil 71.4 million

10. The Green Mile
3.3 mil total 128.7 mill

Yet to come in

NEWS FOR TUESDAY FEBRUARY 22 , 2000

More info on "Ed GEin" has popped up at CSO c/o Martin Kunert.
1) TX25 is dead.

2) The Ed Gein film is as tied to Texas Chainsaw Massacre as it is to Psycho and Silence of the Lambs. Ed served as the inspiration of all three films.

3) None of the characters or plot lines from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre will appear in Ed Gein.

4) Ed Gein is not going to be a teen slasher film or your standard horror film. The model is A Clockwork Orange. The structure of the film is unique -- half the film is from Ed's perspective, the other half from the other characters... so for example, you see the same murder twice - once from the killer's view, the other from the victim's. All the postproduction will be done in the digital realm to give it a look no other film has had yet.

Martin Kunert
writer/director of Ed Gein
(CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Is Pitt going to be in "From Hell".. Producer Don Murphy is still not totally sure, "He's somebody that we'd love to get in it, but that doesn't necessarily translate into [Pitt being interested in playing the role]. We've had a couple of meetings." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR MONDAY FEBRUARY 21 , 2000

"Cherry Falls" has been shot at Thomas Jefferson High School. One of the studenst of the high school sent some info into DH, in it was a brief casting description. Michael Biehn plays Sheriff Brent Marken, Brittney Murphy plays his daughter and Jay Mohr is playing the role of a student. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Jonathon Davies the lead singer for KORN is working on the soundtrack for "Queen of the Damned", whilst other Korn members Munky and Head are playing guitar, with Sam Rivers from Limp Bizkit on Bass. Well as Queen of the Damned will be a combo of Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned, I'm guessing that our friend Lestat, who becomes a rock star in the book sequels will be singing a lot like Jonathon Davies. I'm not saying he will be Jonathon. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Patricia Velazques has signed back on to play the Mummy's lover Anck-Su-Namum again in "The Mummy 2". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

I Know What You Did Last Summer 3, may not be in advanced state yet. Muse Watson (the slicker-man with the hook), says "There has been no talk of a third one coming from anyone who would make it. There has been alot of talk on the net. If they do make one, I would consider it, if Love were willing and they had a good script...There was a story floating around about Love being an attorney in New Orleans and I make her life miserable, by killing her witnesses and making it look like she killed them. I think that one would work". . (DH) (HFA NEWS)

American Psycho, so what is becoming of those scenes cut in the US version.. Well not much, the film will only be slightly cut according to a DH correspondent.
"So what's cut? The part of the word "hole" from asshole, from when Patrick tells one of the prostitutes to "get on your knees, Christie, so Sabrina can see your ass____."; A second or two of the two prostitutes simulating oral sex on Patrick - you never really saw anything anyway, it was just a shot of their heads bobbing above Patrick's crotch; And they dropped frame on one scene where you used to see Patrick's and Chrities hips bumping, now it's cut just above the waist.
That's pretty much it, the scene still rocks - I really love the shots of Patrick flexing his muscles to himself in the mirror as he is doing the girl's double doggie style. The whole scene is cut to that 'Susudio' song and it's just terrific, it really does a great job of showing the process of self delusion that dominated the 80's." (DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR SUNDAY FEBRUARY 20 , 2000

NEW SPOTLIGHT.. FOR HAXAN FILMS (Blair Witch) next big PICTURE.

"Heart of Love"

New shots from "American Psycho" have begun popping up on the Internet. They are available at "Entertainment Weekly". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Joel Silver is wanting the sequel to the Matrix to be bigger and better "no matter what the cost". So I guess this is the quickest way to jinx a project. Carrie Ann Moss will only be in a small section of the film as her character will dissapear somewhere into some temporal reality.. Sounds a little complex but hopefully it will all come together. To add to the UK shooting rumours, there are stroy board being drawn showing Zions core which looks a fair bit like Big Ben (no thats not Big Ben Australian Meat Pies, But Big Ben that clock thing) (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Now and than a good Buffy trailer goes online.. This is for:
"Buffy: This year's Girl" with the return of evil slayer Eliza Dushku.
1.9 meg mov CLICK HERE. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

More info on the blair witch sequel turned up on CSO. There is still very little being said by Artisan/Haxan about the film. The casting is not yet complete (hey I've gotten nothing on this year if you guys are interested??:) and the script has not been finalised. The latest rumor is that the script is an amalgamtion of many scripts, and the writers that were said to be competing were actually, knowingly/unknowingly writing only parts of the film. Writer Jon Bodenkamp is going to be doing the final draft of the amalgamted script. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Resident Evil is definately not a Romero project at the moment as Australian Director Jamie Blanks has taken over. But Romero thought he needed to make it clearer. "Resident Evil was a project with a German company. There are two sides to every coin but I don't think they were into the spirit of the video game and wanted to make it more of a war movie, something heavier than I thought it should be. So I think they just never liked my script. I keep hearing that on the websites it keeps saying that 'Romero is attached' but as far as I know, I'm NOT." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Wow another remake of a 70s film. "See No Evil". The film will be reamde to be set in a lakeside American town. The original starred Mia Farrow as a blind girl who's family are murdered in the place she is staying and of course she doesn't see it cause she's blind (insert Woody Allen Banter). More of a thriller than a horror, but it could easily be turned into a horror the scale of "Mute Witness" if writer of the new script Tony Jaswinski has his way. (CSO)

NEWS FOR THURSDAY FEBRUARY 17 , 2000

"We've already been raped. Now they want us to be prostitutes.", that was what x-council member of Burkitsville (Sam Brown) had to say about the possibility of having the opening sequence to The Blair Witch Sequel shot in the town. So therefore instead of Burkitsville getting the tourist dollars and spiratic vandalism. Director of the sequel Joe berlinger was pleading for the film to be shot in the town, procaliming that it would be a positive thing. However the people of Burkitsville did not take, therefore the film will be shot in a mock town, after which it will go into the woods, I guess. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Ed Gein, a biopic will be made about the gruesome bastard that inspured some of the biggest horror films of all time (TCM, Psycho, Deranged). According to CSO, Martin Kunert will be directing the film and writing it with Eric Manes. Those who do not know who Martin Kunert is, you can catch the Interview I did with him HERE, in relation to his other horror film "Campfire Tales". Kunert and Manes have also been brought in by Unapix to revitalise the TCM series. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Julianne Moore is pretty confident about getting the role of Clarice in Hannibal. So long Jodie, can't have made a bigger mistake. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR TUESDAY FEBRUARY 15 , 2000

OSCAR NOMINATIONS (Horror) The Sixth Sense (6 noms) and The Green Mile (4 noms), The Matrix (4 noms) , The Mummy (1 nom) and Sleepy Hollow (3 noms). Yet agains Darabont misses out on the best director nomination that he really deserved for Shawshank. Than again Green Mile read better as a screenplay.

Best Film- The Green Mile - The Sixth Sense

Best Director- M. Night Shylaman (for The Sixth Sense)

Best Screenplay 'original'- M. Night Shylaman (for The Sixth Sense)

Best Screenplay 'adapted' - Frank Darabont (for The Green Mile)

Best Supporting Actor - Michael Clark Duncan ( The Green Mile) - Haley Joel Osmont (The Sixth Sense)

Best Supporting Actress - Toni Collette (The Sixth Sense)

Art Direction - Sleepy Hollow

Cinematography - Emmanuel Lubezki (for Sleepy Hollow)

Costume Designer -Sleepy Hollow

Film Editing - The Matrix - The Sixth Sense

Sound - The Green Mile - The Matrix - The Mummy

Sound Effects Editing - The Matrix

Visual Effects - The Matrix

Michael Wincott will be joining the cast of "Along Came a Spider". In this installment Alex Cross investigates the kidnapping of two girls from a high profile private school. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Permission has been granted for "The Mummy 2" to film in and around the British Museaum in central London. Casting calls have gone out for a lecture hall scene. Where Rachel Weisz character will be explaining some of the artefacts she has found. Hopefully this will be another sit back relax and eat a bucket of pop-corn whilst the amazing sound and visuals pound you type film, just like the last one. Although not as gothic, thankfully it had style. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Pictures from Shadow of the Vampire have popped up on TOYMANIA's site. They are of Max Shcreck toys that will be released. CLICK HERE for more. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The Ninth Gate Trailer
(DH) (HFA NEWS)
9.4 meg Mov.

12th of Feb 2000 WEEKEND

Scream 3 stays on top of the pops, but suffered a huge drop.Green Mile held steady at 6. The Green Mile opened strong at #1 in Australia, guess now a whole bunch of people are calling their mice Mr. Jingles and refusing to bait their mouse traps. Unfortunately House on Haunted Hill a seriously stylish and brilliantly campy new breed of horror film did not break the million first week in. The UK remained a horror dominated box office, despite the #1 release of the latest DiCaprio film and the dominance of American Beauty in both the UK and Australian BO.

1. The Green Mile
2.2 mil

3. The House on Haunted Hill
886 thou

16. Stigmata
92 thou, 2.9 mil

1. SCREAM 3
16.4 mil 57 million

6. The Green Mile
3.1 mil total 124.4 mill

5. House on Hanuted Hill
547 thou, 2.07 mill

8. Sleepy Hollow
132 thou, total 9.7 mil

9. The Sixth Sense
128 thou, total 24.5 mil

12. Stigmata
97 thou, total 3.3 mil

13. The Bone Collector
72 thou, total 3.6 mil

NEWS FOR TUESDAY FEBRUARY 15 , 2000

After 27 years finally the official site for "The Exorcist" is open at www.theexorcist.net, this is not a fan site.. IT is the official site. The site corresponds with the re-release. (CSO)

Interesting info on the upcoming Blair Witch sequel have appeared on Corona Attractions. ... "You want to talk about a scoop. My friend tried out for a role in this film and she did it in Baltimore. First things first: The Plot...The Blair Witch Project was a real movie put together by these two guys who found the footage. Heather, Mike and Josh are all still missing. Enter FIVE different people who all have reason to go back into the woods.

"The Characters: One guy is a bitter indie-film wanna-be so he sets out to make Blair Witch 2: The Real Story. There are three girls. One is a witch trying to dispel all of the bad rumors that the first movie created about witches. Another has psychic powers and tries to find the original kids' energy. And finally, there is a girl obsessed with Heather Donahue who sets out to prove the original kids were murdered. The other guy in the movie is part of a couple.

"Being that my friend auditioned in Baltimore and the lines she had to read were based in the area, we are assuming that's where they are shooting. They did, however, give her fake lines to audition with because they didn't want the script out. They also took the fake lines back when she was done. They are supossed to start shooting on March 1st. And I noticed on the signin sheet that the production name was 'Blair Redux'."
This is still just a rumour but these character types have been talked about before. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR MONDAY FEBRUARY 14 "Valentines Day", 2000

Whilst Hannibal is in danger, there is now talk of a remake of RED DRAGON, which is the first in teh Ahnnibal Trilogy, originally made into a movie by Michael Mann (INSIDER, HEAT), with the alternate title Manhunter. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

American Psycho is getting more than its share of free publicity from the morality merchants. Now in Canada it seems the ratings board is going to let the film through as an R rated film while still including the sex scenes. Meanwhile in the USA Jack Thompson the lawyer who took the Basketball Diaries to court after a recent school shooting. Thompson is threatening to take Lionsgate and the MPAA to court if the film is not given an NC17 rating (higher than R in the USA), on the proviso that a person under 17 watches the film and than goes into psycho killer mode. Okay so any kids out there Jack Thompson has just offered you an invitation to slaughter as many folks as you like once you have seen "American Psycho", he has just given you a scapegoat. Opportunities like this don't come around every single day. But really when are lawyers and journalists going to realise that media effects were simply thought up to sell advertising time on Commercial networks, and its a simple fact of life that people kill people. It happened way before TV and movies and it will continue to happen whether or not this film is released R rated or NC 17. Geez, that's my cow for the week honest. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Hellraiser 5: Inferno finished its shoot on JAn 20, and Pinhead will only be in the finished film for about 10 minutes. Early screenings of the film have been positive so far. The Chatter Cenobite from the first two films will also return in this sequel. Dimension is looking to release it at cinemas in the Fall or Late Summer. It will be more comparable to the dark original meets se7en. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Hellraiser 6 is in the pre-production stage, and will only go ahead if 5 does well enough to permit it. Ehren Kruger and Clive Barker are working on the script along with the writers from Inferno. The film will be a prequel along the lines of part 4 of the saga showing other people who have died at the hands of the toybox. (DH)

NEWS FOR SUNDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2000

RIP: Screamin' Jay Hawkins, from the beginnings of rock to now. One of the most memorable moments in music co-produced by DJ (rock founder kinda) Alan Freed that I've heard consistantly referred to as one of the starting point for SHOCK ROCK, was when Hawkins started one of his performances in a coffin. I'm not sure what song he was singing, but I'm guessing, "I put a spell on you" would've done nicely. In 1999 he released his albums "Live at the Olympia, Paris" and the compilation "Portrait of a Maniac, Portrait of a Man.". His music was often used in Horror gauged shows, including the use of his song FRENZY in the X-Files. If you ever caught this guy live on stage consider yourself lucky. Special thanks for the news from Jack Sim at GHOST TOURS.

There was a problem with the last CUT update that has since been fixed, thanks to Stuart O'Connor who works on the Dave Warner official site. Dave Warner is the writer of CUT. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR SATURDAY FEBRUARY 12, 2000

According to Variety Julianne Moore is in final negotiations to take on teh role of Clarice. The Film will have an altered ending to make way for a 4th in the Hannibal series. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The trailer for American Psycho is up click here for it (plug in required). The soundtrack list for the film has also been released. Some 80s classics in there, definite PSYCHOTIC music.

1. Introductory monologue w/ Score - Bateman & John Cale
2. You Spin Me Round - Dope
3. Watching Me Fall -The Cure (remix by Underdog from Massive Attack)
4. Something In The Air (American Psycho Remix) - David Bowie
5. Trouble - Daniel Ash with Adrian Utley of Portishead
6. Who Feels It Knows It (Remix) - The Tom Tom Club
7. American Psycho - Coldcut
8. Monologue w/ Score - Bateman and John Cale
9. True Faith - New Order
10. Pump Up The Volume - MARRS
11. I Wanna Know (What You're Thinking) - Information Society
12. Paid In Full (Coldcut Remix) - Eric B. & Rakim
13. Hip 2 Be Square - Huey Lewis & The News
14. Closing monologue with Score - Bateman and John Cale
(DH) (HFA NEWS)

Some new pictures from Urban Legend 2 Have popped up on the Internet at Composer/ Director John Ottman's official site. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Blade 2 is still going ahead despite legal difficulties, the director is likely to be named in the next 10 days. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Pitch Black is nearing release in the US and there is already talk of a sequel, Vin Diesel has said that his character Riddick could develop and get soem humanity in the sequel. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Godzilla 2000 will open in the USA on August 11 on 2000 screens. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Joshua Jackson has spoken out a bit about SKULLS, saying, "It's hard to talk about it, because people think that it's a horror movie when you say the title, The Skulls. But it's more of a psychological thriller. It's set against the backdrop of a secret society at Yale and is based in reality. I thought it was fictitious! The secret society is essentially a high-class fraternity, but instead of being a frat where everyone is getting drunk and partying, these guys are plotting to take over the world!" (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR THURSDAY FEBRUARY 10, 2000

CUT is getting closer and closer. The above pictrues came from DH, whilst the poster is c/o 'Andrew'. I must say the reaction to the trailer that I've seen in the cinema in comparisson to the Scream 3 trailer is very comforting for CUT. Hardly a budge when the Scream 3 trailer was shown but when the CUT trailer was on people were laughing than jumping than when the head drops horrified, not too many trailers are as good as this films. The film has been sold to 90% of the world market, it opens in Australia on the 2nd of March, and I think it is safe to say you will see it in a cinema near you soon after that. Oh and thats Jessica Napier dead cent in the poster above lads. Rated MA for High Level Violence and Horror Themes. (HFA NEWS)

A pilot for FEARSUM has been ordered up by FOX, so expect to start hearing some casting rumours on this FOX/HAXAN Films co-produced TV show. David Goyer and Tommy Thompson are also working as exec producers. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Seems that The Blair Witch Project Vs. Sam Barber is going to go ahead. Barber wasnts credit and most likley credit$$ for the use of his studio in what is called a violation of the federal Lanham Act. Who is Lanham?? (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Scary Movie has been pushed back to March 19th. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

I Know What You Did Last Summer 3, is still on the agenda, re-signed are Jennifer Love Hewitt and Muse Watson, Freddie Prinze Jr. is not interested in the project at the moment. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Jeffrey Combs remains unsigned to the "Beyond Re-Animator " film, he waiting to see the scriot and make sure that everything is right. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Sorry for the late update there were FTP problems.

NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 9, 2000

It was cool to see so many people at "Psycho" last night.. Next months film will be "Creautre from the Black Lagoon" in 3D.

The short list for playing Clarice in "Hannibal" now includes Angelina Jolie and Julianna Moore. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

HAMMER RISES FROM THE DEAD.. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The studio that brought you some of the most amazing moments in Horror Film History is being ressurected by several 'entertainment entreprenuers'. Plans are intially for film and TV, whilst exploring other entrertainemnt options in the NEW MEDIA. Larry Chrisfield is the chairman of the new organization and he has said, Hammer is the strongest name in horror. We have brought together an exceptional group of individuals who believe that in a fast-growing but volatile business such as entertainment, a strong brand in a perennially popular genre has enormous potential… Not only are the new opportunities in digital television and the Internet multiplying the value of Hammer’s existing assets, but digital production and distribution techniques enable us to add to those assets at low cost and low risk." Chief Terry Ilot revealed to the BBC, "We've got TV series in discussion with more than one broadcaster, and we've been approached by US producers about a number of remake ideas… These are the first things we will do, but we are also very keen to use Hammer as a brand and horror as a genre to get into forms of merchandising." This news is so great I think I need a drink.

5th of Feb 2000 WEEKEND

Scream 3 breaks opening weekend record for Feb in the USA, taking 35.2 million (54 million Australian). WOW.. The Green Mile continues to hold on to a top 10 position but passes 120 mill mark. Australia has a sleepy horror rep in the top 20. However their is an abundance of Horror in the UK charts, half of the top 10.

8. Stigmata
303 thou, 2.7 mil

17. Sleepy Hollow
102 thou, 6.8 mil

1. SCREAM 3
35.2 million

6. The Green Mile
4.0 mil total 120.3 mill

2. House on Hanuted Hill
1.06 mil

5. Sleepy Hollow
463 thou, total 9.4 mil

6. Stigmata
285 thou, total 3 mil

7.The Bone Collector
322 thou, total 3.3 mil

9. The Sixth Sense
305 thou, total 24.2 mil

NEWS FOR TUESDAY FEBRUARY 8, 2000

Final destination has had its release date pushed back so as to not loose to much box office because of the Alaskan Airliner crash. The film was to open on March 17 and will now open in late American Summer. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The soundtrack to Cherry Falls will include the latest in the ballsy ROCK/ PUNK genres, Soulfly, Deftones, SLipknot, Less than Jake, Kitty, Bif Naked, The Band Formerly Known as Good, Half-Past Five, The Derelicts, and Kill Your Idols. The films is scheduled to release on June 9. A preview of the film has landed at HO click HERE.(DH) (HFA NEWS)

Pam Grier will be appearing in BONES. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Urban Legend 2, has entered the test screening phase. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Scream 3 sets a new opening record for February in the USA, it opened with 35.2 million. So now there is screams of sequel, no not really Craven is still standing firm on the NO side of things, but if the studio wants to make another one, they'll make it Wes or no Wes. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR SUNDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2000

REVIEW FOR INDIE SHORT FILM Y2K- SHUT DOWN DETECTED.

Another of the funny SCREAM 3 emails arrived the othereday. From someonewhocares again, the film is now well and trully open in the USA..

Dear Friends and Enemies,

I am writing to let you know that my site, www.sunrisesucks.com,
has been updated with new evidence regarding the dark past and
scandalous present of SunLies Studios.

Visit sunrisesucks.com to read shocking but true accounts of:
. food poisoning at the auditions for Stab 3
. a vengeful studio chef
. missing starlets and bizarre love triangles.

Coming soon: I will reveal the previously unknown links between the
usual and unusual suspects in the Sunrise Story. Learn the truth
behind the Stab Trilogy and the infamous Woodsboro Murders!

Dedicated to the truth,

Anonymous

(HFA SCREAM 3 NEWS)

NEWS FOR SATURDAY FEBRUARY 5, 2000

Queen of the Damned will start shooting in Melbourne, Australia in 2000. It is part of Village Roadshows commitment to Warner Bros. Village will be throwing 1 billion dollars toward WB movie production up until 2005. That's a heck of a lot of cash. So far Michael Ryhmer is scheduled to direct the film. This is of course based on the Anne Rice Book of the same name. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

James Wong and Glen Morgan have not been happy with the title change of "Flight 180" to "Final Destination". They are also not happy with the way the poster just has a splice of teen actors that are involved in the film. They have also been asked to reshoot the ending of the film whcih has been of no real joy to them either. Seem the girls in the test audiences were upset when the male lead died. Well remember the TITANIC I bet the same thing happened there. Anyhow in the reshoot the male lead does not die yet Wong and Morgan are still happy with either ending. If the audience test results don't sky-rocket than they can choose the ending they want. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Bai Ling (Anna and the King) has signed on a as a regular character in the TV show "Angel" she will be playing Princess Shiera. Word has it that the character will become a regular, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR FRIDAY FEBRUARY 4, 2000

Australian director Jamie Blanks has now the honour of being the director of the much passed on "Resident Evil".  The film could go into production by the end of the year. The film is set in the future where all deseases have been cured, it will center around a company called "Umbrella" that invents a disease that is uncurable. They test it on people in the hopes it scares the population into buying their extremely expensive vaccine.  Well it gets out of control and tunrs everyone into bloodthirsty zombies, and the story than follows a group of police trying to bring some order to all of this.  A new script is now in the works. The project just might be made. We need more Zombies Hollywood, for godsakes don't let us down. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

John Williams will not have enough time to sit down and write the score for "Jurassic Park 3" instead, James Horner (Titanic, Jumanji, Rocketeer) will work on the score for JP3, at least that is the rumour of the moment. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Lions Get Films has decide to cut their film "American Psycho" down from an NC 17 rating to as R rating in the US. It'll only mean a few seconds, but it was something that they originally were not going to do.  So the prostitute scene will be cut down for the cinematic release in the US. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR THURSDAY FEBRUARY 3, 2000

Pictures have arrived on the Comics to Film site of the upcoming film "Faust". We saw the poster last week now this.. The film is sounding more and more like an ART HORROR film. It is going to be seen through three different perspectives, one is a cop, one is a psychiatrist and the other is FAUST. Making this film HIGHER on my MUST SEE LIST than another film. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

A whole mess of story news for "Jason X" is spewing out of D2K.  The best of which is the lack of TEEN stars in the film. Apparently the film will begin with Crystal Lake Being turned into a Research Facility, they find Jason catch him and FREEZE him.  The film than blasts forward to 2455. Earth is completely rooted and some archaeology students decide to do a little digging (these are humans that are like living space I guess who come down to the SCORCHED earth for experimental extra Credit.. They dig until they find to two frozen folks.. One is Jason and the other is Rizzo the one who froze Jason in the first place.. They both Thaw out.. Jason does the Killing whilst Rizzo tries to get him. So now it Sounds a lot like a horror remake of "Demolition Man". Character names are very pretty. Jannessa, Kkinsa, Delongpre and Kay Em ( a busty droid) and a professor Yllo. The casting for Rizzo and Kay Em are not yet done.  Kane Hodder is definitely Jason and he has commented that the film will take some great twists and Turns. Harry Manfredini will bring back his scoring.. Which is still going to be based on the "Kill, Kill, Kill, Kill, Her Her Her Her.." as Manfredini once said in an interview with www.fridaythe13th.com.  Jim Isaacs (The Horror Show), will be directing this film and it will have more than 200 FX shots. All FX will be top of the line.  The body count will be like that of 5 and 6 around the 2 dozen mark.  The film also promises to be the Campiest of the series, with a montage intro that includes footage from the previous 9 films.. YES!!. Release Date is October 13... The film sounds better everyday.. someone in Hollywood now only need press the HYPE button and they'll rake in 100 million. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

Filming has begun at the child geared horror, "The Little Vamp". The filmings is being done is Edinburgh, Scotland. Alice Krige is still attached to the project, also cast are Richard E. grant, Pamela Gidley and Jim Carter. Anthony Waller (Mute Witness) will executively produce the film. (HO) (HFA NEWS).

NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 2, 2000

The official site for the new George Romero film "Bruiser" is now open www.bruiserthemovie.com .. And yes the soundtrack has music from the new MISFITS album plus some other MISFITS stuff.. I knew that album Famous Monster would end up the soundtrack to some film. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

FOX Tv is working on a TV series called "Night Terrors" which will most likely run into some title trouble as it also the title of a film about Marquis starring Robert Englund. The TV show will be a Horror Anthology of MONSTER like proportions. Each episode will have two horror stories and will be rpoduced by Bill Brown and Dan Angel (Goosebumps). Expect the series to have some jump scares. Possible cult follwoing.. But I'm betting on 2 series MAX.. before it gains a cult following and Sci-Fi channel picks it up to keep it runninng.. :) (CSO)

29th of Jan 2000 (superbowl weekend) WEEKEND

Green Mile hangs on to 5th spot in the US TOP TEN. UK charts go wild with the scream of Horror this week.. YAY.. Isn't it good to see 4 horror films in the top 10.. In Australian a similar list to the UK except the horror films are further apart.

6. Stigmata
547 thou, total 2.2 mil

13. Sleepy Hollow
256 thou, total 6.6 mil

20. End of Days
99 thou, total 9.8 mil

5. The Green Mile
4.1 mil total 115.2 mill

3. Sleepy Hollow
749 thou, total 8.6 mil

4. Stigmata
718 thou, total 2.3 mil

5. The Bone Collector
535 thou, total 2.8

7. The Sixth Sense
387 thou, total 23.7 mil

NEWS FOR TUESDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2000

The first pictures from the Marquis De Sarde film starring Geoffrey Rush "Quills" have arrived on Darkhorizons. Also pictured are the three other main actors, Caine, Winslet and Phoenix. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Mikael Salomon has been hired as the DOP on Jurassic Park 3. The opening scene will be shot in New Zealand. Although the official cast list is not due till the end of February Chris Klein from American Pie has been mentioned. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The superbowl comercial for the made in Queensland, Australia Horror Sci Fi Film "Pitch Black" is available at http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/7653/ along with some other film trailers. It is approximately 1.41 meg and consists of a 35 second trailer. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Cinescape Online have posted a script  review of "Sherlock Holmes Vs. Dracula". The Reviewer is Stax, check it out HERE. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

D2K has posted a large article on Scream 3 (which opens this week in the US), which includes the pictures of Randy's Cameo where the pre-recorded rules of the trilogy are found. Click HERE, to go there. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

Okay the big thing for "Buffy" fans has got to be the pending relationship building between Tara and Willow. Will there be some same sex relationship in the show or not. Whedon is saying that if there is it won't be just for shock value and promoting the show, it won't be a soap box for same sex rights and if does happen expect a the re-appearance of OZ (willow's X) who will most likely churn the waters and test the relationship between Willow and Tara. For more info check out he OFFICIAL Buffy site. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

According to www.clivebarker.com there will be a film made based on barkers book "The Books of Blood". It will be another collaboration between Barker and Bill Condon. Condon will write and direct the wraparounds whilst three other directors will direct the three stories in this filmic anthology. The writer Directors hired  for the three stories are Keith Clark, Jack Morrissey and Christopher Landon. The three stories involved are PIG BLOOD BLUES, HUMAN REMAINS and DREAD. Project is currently in pre-production. (UPC) (HFA NEWS

These are the sources I get the info from, I add my own slant to them, however I use the NEWS as gathered from below. Unless stated otherwise.
DH = Darkhorizons.
IMDB = Internet Movie Data Base Studio Briefing
CSO = Cinescape online.
D2K = Dominion 2000
DRC = The Cabinet of Dr. Casey.
EO = E! Online / Yahoo
UPC= Upcoming Horror Movies.com
RS = Really Scary
HO = Horror Online.

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!