Urban Legend 2: The Final Cut

Blair Witch Sequel

American Psycho

Queen of the Damned

Cut

To News Archive

Back to Main

FRIDAY MARCH 31, 2000

Arach Attack, is the name of a Centropolis/Village Roadshow, co-production. It's all about GIANT SPIDERS that start appearing after a toxic spill (scientifically for this to occur the spider must get some lungs, as Spiders breathe through their skin, hence spray will kill them). The film will have a budget of 30 million and will be shot in AUSTRALIA. The film will begin shooting in September under the direction of Elloroy Elkayem (They Nest). Devlin and Emmerich will produce, whilst centropolis effects will handle the effects. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Australian director Jamie Blanks (attached to Resident Evil and director of Urban Legend) is about to start work on a romantic horror film. "VALENTINE: A Novel" is the title of the piece The book tells the story of an unpopular college freshman geek named Victor DiMorta. Four young women pull a vicious practical joke on DiMorta which results in his being expelled as well as becoming murderous and doing in his abusive parents. Years later, after having served his time in prison, the grown Victor gets plastic surgery that makes him handsome. He then seeks out the women who ruined his life to exact his revenge. Doesn't sound too romantic to me, sounds more like a REVENGE film. Which is cool. Warner Bros. is producing the film with hopes at casting the next best teen actors, and the script was written by Donna and Wayne Powers. With Re-writes by Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

New website for "The Sixth Sense" www.thesixthsense.com . The film is now the 10th highest grossing film of all time, it just passed Empire Strikes Back. (HFA NEWS)

THURSDAY MARCH 30, 2000

The official site for Denmark Made film Flænset is now up and running. It is all in another language unfortunately, but I'm sure you can get the jist of the film from the web site.

Kathleen Turner is being considered for a part in Jurassic Park 3, which will be directed by Joe Johnston. The production of the film has been moved from New Zealand to the Hawaii island of Maui. When Johnston was asked about the script and plot he had the following to say, "The script is being rewritten by William Goldman because of some minor problems with the plot. You asked me about the plot, and…eh. All I can say is that it isn´t a prequel to the first movie, but a new and more independent story which stands alone. Expect more dinosaurs and more plot!". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Slasher News and Upcoming Horror Movies are reporting on Candyman 4, The plot continues with Donna D'Erico, and her boyfriend at college and a new legend involving Candyman evolves and murders begin to happen again, which unleashes Candyman, but this time in a new form, and a different person. There is still no director or cast yet. If 'Candyman 4' is made, Artisan Entertainment will most likely release it. I sense yet another mindless sequel. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

UNDONE, a story about a man who is haunted by the ghost of his wife's x-husband, has been purchased for a mid-six figure sum by Disney. The script has been written by Seth E. Bass and Johnathon Tollins. David Kirschner and Corey Sienega will produces the film. Disney execs, Nina Jacobson and Mark Vahradian will oversee the project. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Some plot information on Shyalmalan's UNBREAKABLE project has come to light on Cinescape. Disney is claiming that the film is a superhero film, hence the reason for them not making POWER and GLORY a superhero film flying around. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Michael Rooker has officially signed onto THE REPLICANT, the film starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

WEDNESDAY MARCH 29, 2000

Gwyneth Platrow will be tracking down a Cannibalistic Serial killer (not Hannibal), the film will be directed by Tony Scott (True Romance, Top Gun), for Warner Bros. The film is titled "Taking Lives". (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Director Pho-Chih Leong (The Wisdom of Crocodiles) will be making a film for MGM. The film is titled "Blood and Chocolate" and is based on the novel by Annette Curtis Clause. The screenplay adaption has been done by Christopher Landon, who is the son of Michael Landon (The original Teenage wereWolf). The story revolves around a teenage female werewolf that falls in love with a normal by, this kind of peeves off the rest of the pack, so usual jealous hooplah will come out of this ala "American Werewolf in Paris", but I'm guessing, more TEENY. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

HOW's Horror ranking at the Box office??
25th of March 2000 WEEKEND

Final Destination remains steady at 3 while Mission To Mars drops a couple of spots. A whole bunch of Australians went and saw Scream 3 and went home pissed off at how bad it was (Or was that just me), nope I watched faces coming out, not a single smile. A very dry horror week in the UK

Australia $ top 20 United States $ top 10 United Kingdom 15

1. Scream 3
2.52 mill

7. The Green Mile
466 thou, tot 11.5 mil

18. The 13th Warrior
34 thou, tot 1.5 mil

3. Final Destination
7.2 mil 20.3 mil

4. Mission to Mars
5.8 mill total 49.3 mil

3.The Green Mile
542 thou, tot 5 mil

TUESDAY MARCH 28, 2000

Diabolical Dominion has posted a picture of one of the actresses from JASON X in their news brief on the casting. I'm not exactly sure of her name but she's purity. TED from DD says her name is "Lexa Doig, who will be playing JASON X's lead character, Rowen. She's amazing..."(DD) (HFA NEWS)

The Others directed by Academy Award Winner Alejandro Amenábar (Academy Award Winner as of the other day for best foreign film), will begin production in the northern Spanish city of Santander at the end of May. The film is a Spanish/ French Co-production and will likely be distributed by Miramax. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

GHOSTS OF MARS, is set to star Courtney Love and Ice Cube. The film is more than likely set to be released in 2001, the year not the movie. (DD) (HFA NEWS)

The official site for THE SKULLS is open at www.theskulls.net and it does not look as gritty as it has been built up to be. A PG can't mean a gritty film, can it?? There are plenty of pictures and things there to browse through.. But it looks like it left the horror boat some where?? (HFA NEWS)

MONDAY MARCH 27, 2000

It's all Academy Awards Hangover Update.. Well they are actually just screening here in Australia while I type this.. But the answers have been online for half the day now. How did HORROR go?? In a year when Horror seemed to have more best actor/actress nominations than ever before, there was a failure in the voting some place. However Horror did pick up some R&D type awards (wiping the floor was THE MATRIX, to bad star wars:) and pre and post production awards.

Film Editing - The Matrix

Sound - The Matrix

Visual Effects - The Matrix

Art Direction - Sleepy Hollow

Great to see Sleepy Hollow grabbing and award. Both "The Matrix" and "Sleepy Hollow" were stunning visually. Might just add that 2 of the above Academy Awards for "The Matrix" were part owned by Australians (sound and visual effects).

An on the set report from "The Impostor" popped up on Darkhorizons:
"In our scenes, an air ambulence that looked like a giant potato bug was delivering soldiers (that was us) that were badly wounded, limbs torn off, head wounds, burns, etc. to the futuristic hospital. The director and the A.D. would not tell us who injured us or who the enemy was." (DH) (HFA NEWS)

There is information on the trailer from "The Cell":
"I'm a projectionist working for a big distributor in Europe. And the other day we recieved New Line's promotional reel for their upcoming films. It contained a lot of goodies, amongst them Kevin Costners Thirteen Days and Frequency. But the teaser that really blew me away was the one for The Cell. It starts with closeups of faces in B/W that are bulging and destorted (much like the title sequence in Alien: Resurrection) and then goes on to show extreme quick cuts of people. One of them is Vincent D'Onofrio wearing a strange outfit. He looks straight out of a fantasy film. Very strange. And there's also another figure that looks somewhat like the Djinn in Wishmaster. The film felt like a strange mix between Se7en and X-men. It looks really interesting and fresh. I hope the guys at New Line don't change this teaser, because it's nearly perfect. Very menacing and visually interesting." (DH) (HFA NEWS)

I think I heard amongst all the Oscar stuff one of the Aussie winners mention that THE MATRIX trilogy will not be shot in Australia. I blame the Howard Government and the people that voted for him. The New Tax system will see the production move off shore where they will pay 20% less in TAXES. I knew the GST would do this. This thing will kill cultural film making and any chance of a national cinema in Australia as the price of tickets will rise causing people to go and see less films. Knowing the Australian viewing public, (who average seeing 1 Australian film out of every 100 films they see) will more than likely choose only the blockbusters at the cinema. Will there be exemptions.. Well who knows.. All that I know is, that as a horror fan I'm sure now like Australian cinema, niche marketed and genre based films will have less of a chance of making it to the big screen down here because they will become to much of a risk. I hope July 2000 never comes.
Just my 2cents. (HFA NEWS)

There have been changes to JASON X, according to Upcoming Horror Movies .com.
The changes on Jason X is that one of the characters has been re-named. The main character Rizzo has been re-named to Rowen and the co-main character Delongpre has also been re-named to Lowe. So Canadian actress Lexa Doig is playing the lead Rowen and Johnattan Potts is playing the co-lead. The lead characters are Jason and Rowen and the co-lead characters are Lowe, Janessa and Professor Yilo.

"Also there was changes on Jason X script. Now 'Jason X' have the biggest bodycount of any horror movie!" (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Really Scary came across this cool thing today. Seems Jason never really gives up. MATCHBOX is putting out a horror line.. This is the JASON one, the station wagon he is attacking reads "Crystal Lake- Camp Counsellour". There is a FREDDY one out as well, with FREDDY on top of a VAN that reads "Springfield Boiler Maintenance- Since 1984". They are available at TARGET and TOYS R. US in the US. (RS)

For some unkown reason the CUT unofficial website was down for some time the other day. It is working fine today.

SATURDAY MARCH 25, 2000

According to Upcoming Horror Movies.com CENTROPOLIS is at work at something that sounds pretty cool. "Centropolis Entertainment offered $350,000 for Jesse Alexander's 'Dead Man's Run.' Alexander will pen the script, which will be a supernatural tale that revolves around a man who dies for a living. Centropolis partners Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich will produce the project. The Sony-based company's Peter Winther, who brought the project into the company, will also produce. " (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Bless the Child , is being pushed back from April 14th to October 17th. (HO/CSO) (HFA NEWS)

LL COOL J is joining the cast for the remake of "ROLLERBALL". (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

LATE FRIDAY MARCH 24, 2000

STOP IT, YOU'RE KILLING ME review

No more entries for the POSTER and SOUNDTRACK competition. Well the first competition anyhow.

The winning entry came from a guy called TODD from LOS ANGELES California, at 3.27 am MARCH 24, 2000 it follows.

"I haven't seen the film (I'm looking forward to its US release in August), but I'm guessing Kimble's cameo is his hand as he kills someone (probably a woman), as was Argento's traditional cameo in his films."

Kimble Rendall is going to be putting your prize in the mail shortly TODD. However, Kimble is not totally satisfied with the answer.

NEW CUT COMPETITION

The question still revolves around the hand cameo. It is correct that it is a hand. But which hand? (in CUT is KIMBLE RENDALL's)

The first person to email me with the EXACT sequence in which KIMBLE RENDALL's hand appears will WIN A PRIZE. THIS HAS TO BE THE EXACT SCENE. THE FIRST ENTRY THAT IS CORRECT WILL WIN. I WILL GIVE NO HINTS. DO NOT EMAIL ME ASKING FOR HINTS. The email address to send entries to is [email protected] . (CUT UNOFFICIAL SITE)

FRIDAY MARCH 24, 2000

More AMERICAN PSYCHO pictures c/o CSO (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Producer Joel Silver has said the following about the MATRIX SEQUELS, ", "Yes, we're going to do Parts 2 and 3 together. We'll start shooting about a year from now and we're essentially going to make one giant movie that will then be cut at a moment of, hopefully, a very exciting cliffhanger. All of the characters will be back, [though] I don't know about Joe Pantoliano's character. He keeps saying he didn't really die, but not in the movie that I saw." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

MIMIC 2 will be directed by Jean de Segonza better known as a DOP. The shoot will start in LA in MAY. The film will focus on the character of REMY who will now take on the big bugs. The film has a budget of 10 million, and has been scripted by Jeremy Soisson (Prophecy III) . No casting has yet been finalised. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

If you are looking for info on HORROR DVD's, check out www.dvdnightmare.com for all your needs.

LATE THURSDAY MARCH 23 , 2000

CUT REVIEW

WIN a SIGNED POSTER and CD soundtrack for the film CUT .I've conducted an email interview with Kimble Rendall in which he has posed a question and prize for the the first fan to answer it -- The Question is about his CAMEO in the film.

"I have a cameo which is an homage to Dario Argento. If a CUT fan can guess it I'll organise a signed poster and a CD." Send your entries to me [email protected] and I'll notify the winner (the person with the first correct answer) and forward your details to KIMBLE who will than send you your CUT FAN booty. (CUT UNOFFICIAL)

This can be entered even if you haven't seen CUT and you know the kind of CAMEOS that ARGENTO makes. Still no correct answers yet. Get them in.. The first correct EMAIL will win the prize.

www.hsx.com is listing the US release date of CUT as the 1st of August 2000.

According to a scooper at Darkhorizons "The LOST GIRLS" is not so much of a rumour but a fact. Which is a pity I wsa counting on LOST BOYS: The Coldest of HEARTS to be the sequel to Lost Boys. Anyhows the scooper at DH had this to say. "THE LOST GIRLS is not just a rumor, it's in development over at Warner Bros. Joel Schumacher and Village Roadshow are producing (no word on whether Schumacher plans to direct), and the project is being apparently overseen by WB execs Basil Iwantyk and Aditya Sood. There is no script as of yet, WB is looking for a writer. There is also no word on whether the story will be a sequel, or if it will simply be a remake of THE LOST BOYS but with girls." Very interesting. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

13 Ghosts sounds like it will be a bit of fun. There is talk of including special scenes that require glasses to see certain things on the screen, like GHOSTS perhaps?? Who knows?? The original was in 3D but it does not look like this one will be. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

I managed to see SCREAM 3 today, the review for that will be up after the review for "Stop It, You're Killing Me!".

THURSDAY MARCH 23 , 2000

New Screenshots from AMERICAN PSYCHO. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

A large portion of the film HANNIBAL will be shot in Richmond, Virginia. According to a scooper at CSO. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

A new horror film is to be shot in AUSTRALIA. This one is a ghost story called "Till Human Voices Wake Us" . It will star Guy Pearce (LA CONFIDENTIAL, RAVENOUS). the film will tell the story of a man who encounters the ghost of his childhood sweetheart knew when he returns to his home in Victoria, Australia." The ghost will be played by Helena Bonham Carter. David Redmons and Dean Murphy are producing for Key Entertainment. Writer Michael Petroni will be making his directorial debut on this film. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

THE CONVENT a horror film going into production . A Demon based horror which according to DIABOLICAL DOMINION -- "The Convent tells the tale of a young woman who enters the titular chapel and begins shooting priests and nuns". So welcome to controversial land, the mayor this week is director Mike Mendez. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

Fans who have gotten hold of the Screenplay for Raimi's THE GIFT are calling it a cross between "The Evil Dead" and "A Simple Plan" according to the Diabolical Dominion and not only that by DD have found out that Danny Elfman will be scoring the thing. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

In other stuff---- sorry that the archives are not up to date. I have them up to date on my computer, but the FTP uploading on Fortunecity is down again and is a little annoying to put all the files up through html advanced homebuilder program.

WEDNESDAY MARCH 22 , 2000

The trailer for IMPOSTOR popped up on Darkhorizons today
7.8 meg MOV. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

18th of March 2000 WEEKEND

The Sci-Fi thriller esploration kind of horror flick Mission To Mars stayed high in the charts this week. Final Destination arrived at 3 and the Ninth Gate hung aroun in 5th position. CUT unfortunately leaves the Australain top 20 on the weekend.

5. The Green Mile
508 thou, tot10.8 mil

12. The 13th Warrior
94 thou, tot 1.4 mil

2. Mission to Mars
10.9 mill total 40.1 mil

3. Final Destination
10.2 mil

5. The Ninth Gate
3.5 mill total 12.5 mil

2.The Green Mile
665 thou, tot 4.1 mil

12. The Sixth Sense
60 thou, 25.4 mil

There is a film cip out for VENUS by the FEELERS, which includes footage from CUT, mainly of Jessica Napier. The song is a slow love song and is playing during the scene in which the cast and crew go off to the shoot and VANESSA converses with LOSSMAN, for the first time now that she is back in OZ. The film is still set for cinema releases in the UK and USA with dates to be confirmed. Hopefully there will be film clips made for some of the other great songs in the movie as director KIMBLE RENDALL is a film clip director.. MASSIVE CUT UPDATE AT SITE.. Interview with KIMBLE RENDALL. (CUT NEWS)

Hannibal details have been posted on Cinescape for those unfamiliair with the book.. For those who have read the book just forget about the last chapter. The synopsis is more of a story overview and does not give away the ending to this Warner Brothers/ Universal Co-Production that will star Julianne Moore as Clarice and Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal. The doctor is now at large in Europe, pursuing his own interests, savoring the scents, the essences of an unguarded world. But FBI agent Clarice Starling has never forgotten her encounters with Dr. Lecter, and the metallic rasp of his seldom-used voice still haunts her dreams.

But Mason Verger remembers Dr. Lecter, too, and is obsessed with revenge. Verger was Dr. Lecter's sixth victim, and, though hideously disfigured, has survived to rule a vast financial empire. Verger soon realizes that in order to draw the doctor out into the open, he must use someone Lecter cannot resist as bait: Clarice Starling. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

A film called "Passions of Dracula: A True Story" is about to go into production. The film begins shooting on April 3rd and will be directed by Joe Chappelle based on a script by Tom Baum. I guess you are wondering about the "TRUE STORY" bit. Well the moview will be about VLAD DRACUL (the inspiration for Dracula) and will follow vlad from his youth until he was dubbed "The IMPALER". Rudolf Marin is tipped to play VLAD, the rest of the cast will include Peter Weller, Roger Daltrey and Jane March. It will be shot on location in Budapest and in VLAD's actual CASTLE. Sounds pretty cool so far I hope they don't screw it up. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

There is a rumour that the DVD version of "The Sixth Sense" will contain 75 minutes of never before seen footage. Now will the film be REALLY LONG? Answer, yes. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

TUESDAY MARCH 21 , 2000

A script review for the latest revision of HANNIBAL has popped up over at Darkhorizons. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

MONDAY MARCH 20 , 2000
REVIEW-A-THON

I sat down and got to work on reviewing several films I have seen over the last couple of months and realised that I should do the reviews as I see the films. MORE REVIEWS TOMMORROW.

Urban Flesh (Eaters)

Stigmata

House on Haunted Hill

Wishmaster 2:
Evil Never Dies

Arrival 2: The Second Arrival

MONDAY MARCH 20 , 2000

Long time between updates.. All apologies.

New serial killer film to star Van Damme will be distributed by Artisan. It is titled REPLICANT and will also star Harvey Keitel. The film may also include appearances by Ray Liotta. The film will be directed by Ringo (Maximum Risk) Lam. It begins shooting in Vancouver early next month. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

There is a script review for THE MUMMY 2 at the Diabolical Dominion . (D2k) (HFA NEWS)

The soundtrack listing for CROW : The Salvation is now available (DH)

1. "The Best Things" - Filter (remix)
2. Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie
3. Bad Brother - Infidels/Juliette Lewis
4. Warm Winter - Kid Rock
5. It's All Over Now Baby Blue - Hole
6. What You Want - The Flys
7. Big God - Monster Magnet
8. Painful - Sin 9. Antihistamine - Tricky
10. Independent Slaves - Days Of The New
11. Everything Sucks (Again) - Pitch Shifter
12. Waking Up Beside You - Stabbing Westward
13. Now Is The Time - Crystal Method
14. Burning Inside - Static X/Burton C. Bell
15. Rusted Wings - New American Shame
16. Underbelly Of The Beast - Danzig

(HFA NEWS)

Producer/ Director Guillermo Del Toro (Mimic) is set to direct "Blade 2: Bloodhunt". Kris Kristoffeson will be returning as will Wesley Snipes and David Goyer (writer). (DH) (HFA NEWS)

An MSNBC reporter got a little more than he barganned for when he tried to find the Blair Witch.. Well the set of the The Blair Witch 2. One of News4's reporters over at MSNBC, James Adams, tracked down the 'Blair 2' people to Seneca Creek State Park near Boyd's, Maryland. A few things of note from the article: A) The security on the set is pretty tight with police and security people on hand to tell you to go away; 2) Adams and his camera operator were initially mistaken for actors playing newsmen and might have gotten down into the set proper had they gone along with the notion. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

The Diabolical Dominon has cleared up JASON X casting rumours. : The Diabolical Dominion reports that Melyssa Aide, who everyone assumed would be playing the lead character Rizzo, is actually playing a chick from the future named Janessa. Lexa Doig will play Rowen, Lisa Ryder will play the oversexed science droid Kay-Em, Jonathan Potts is Lowe, Peter Mensah is Brodski, and Dov Tiefenbach is Azrael. As previously noted, Kane Hodder is reprising his role as Jason Voorhees for the fourth time. The film, which is budgeted at 14 million dollars, is directed by Jim Isaac. (UPC/ D2k) (HFA NEWS)

THURSDAY MARCH 16 , 2000

13 Ghosts to be remade by Castle entertainment. The people whop brought us the recent remake of "House on Haunted Hill" . William Castle's daughter is keen on remaking all of his films. Hey at least we know that she means well and she doesn't have to cough up royalties. I think Terry Castle did a brilliant job with House on Haunted Hill, it was very much in the William Castle spirit. (D2K)

WEDNESDAY MARCH 15 , 2000

Static X is doing the score for Jason X according to a scooper at Darkhorizons. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

John Carpenter's "Ghosts of Mars" has begun casting according to cinescape, Courtney Love and Whoopi Goldberg have been rumoured. Jason Statham is also being mentioned for a part. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

10th of March 2000 WEEKEND

The Sci-Fi thriller esploration kind of horror flick Mission To Mars opened at #1 and was the secnd highest opening of the year (behind Scream 3). The Ninth Gate did extremely well despite the juggernaut it was released against. Pitch Black remained in the top 10 and HORROR won at the box office again. Unfortunately in Australia word of mouth did not help CUT and I'm very dissapointed to see the damned reviews were so HARSH. It's a failing by the reviewers that I hope the Australian Film Inst. can see through, I thought that the film would surely make it to 10 million domestic, I'm sure to be annoyed in the next few weeks if Scream 3 opens with 3 mill or more.

3. The Green Mile
987 thou, tot 9.9 mil

6. The 13th Warrior
303 thou, tot 1.2 mil

11. Cut
77 thou, tot 403 tho

1. Mission to Mars
23.1 mill

2. The Ninth Gate
6.7 mill

9. Pitch Black
3.1 mill 34 mil

3. The Green Mile
953 thou, tot 2.9 mil

12. The Sixth Sense
93 thou, 25.2 mil

13. House on Haunted Hill
48 thou, 3.4 mil

MONDAY MARCH 13 , 2000

Big Blair Witch 2 scoop day.. Oh I'd call it more of a leak.. I got sent the following URL. http://users.erols.com/worldband/bw2.html . I guess you could say it's the best publicity for the film yet. But there is a cast list now if you can read it.. Don't expect to know any of the cast though. The names of the cast match the name of the character as per the original film (TRISTEN SKYLER etcetera). It looks like the film will be called BLAIR WITCH 2.

The other thing that has turned up is a copy of DIRECTIONS to COFFIN ROCK. Those that are HARDCORE fans of theoriginal would already have a copy of these as ED and DAN the crafty folks at HAXAN FILMS posted them in a HIDDEN links on the original HAXAN website.

The above website also has the first page (that contains dialogue) posted. Which makes me think that this is a set up LEAK rather than a scoop.. As if someone had more than one page they would post those other pages as well. So click on the link http://users.erols.com/worldband/bw2.html . . For more stuff. Thanks 'Andrew'. (HFA NEWS)

A positive spoiler filled script review for JASON X popped up today at Darkhorizons. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

SUNDAY MARCH 12 , 2000

SIXTH SENSE is now the 11th highest grossing film of all time. It has grossed 285.9 million so far. (HFA NEWS)

Upcoming Horror Movies.com has posted a bunch of SCANS from this months fangoria. They include picture from

AMERICAN PSYCHO (HFA NEWS)

LEPRECHAUN 5: Leprechaun in the Hood (HFA NEWS)

I KNOW WHAT YOU SCREAMED LAST SUMMER (HFA NEWS)

News on Upcoming Horror Movies.com tells more about the above parody. Lions Gate will mix some bone chills and funny-bone thrills this summer when it releases "I Know What You Screamed Last Summer." The company acquired the worldwide distribution rights to the John Blanchard-directed teen horror spoof in a deal estimated to be in the low- to mid-seven figures. The film is scheduled to open this summer following Dimension Films' May 5 release of a similar project, "Scary Movie," directed by Keenen Ivory Wayans and starring Shawn and Marlon Wayans. The pop-culture pastiche will parody the plots of the "Scream" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" franchises and stars Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, rapper Coolio and Tom Arnold. Thiessen will play an investigative reporter digging into some student murders at a school run by a principal (Coolio) and a security guard. ( UPC) (HFA NEWS)

FRIDAY MARCH 10 , 2000

HOLLOW MAN trailer

Lo res- 4.2 meg mov

High res - 9.3 meg mov

(DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEW AMERICAN PSCYHO teaser mov 2.6mg . (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Mark Frost (Twin Peaks) has joined forces with the spelling supernatural PILOT "ALL SOULS" the show is set to star Megan Ward (Dark Skies), Daniel Cosgrove, Serena Scott Thomas (The world is not enough) and Adam Rodriguez (Brooklyn South). (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Locations in Fiordland and Wellington, New Zealand are rumored to be scouted for "Jurassic Park 3" shotting locations. Also in the rumour are the allegations that Helen Hunt (as T- rex I bet), Elizabeth Shue and Chris Klein are going to appear in the film. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

SCARY MOVIE info from CSO's showest coverage..
From the mind of Keenan Ivory Wayans comes The Scary Movie, a parody of the Scream movies and their various clones, which were of course are parodies of the teen slasher flicks of the seventies which, in the end, sort of parodied themselves but, hey...

What looked like opening scenes from the movie showed Carmen Electra doing a play on the chilling Drew Barrymore sequence that opened the original Scream. Later a fisherman was hit by a car ala I Know What You Did Last Summer. The actor playing the part of the fisherman looked to be the same actor who created the role for Last Summer, but know one could be sure. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

HOLLOW MAN info from CSO's showest coverage..
Directed by Paul Verhoeven, Kevin Bacon stars in this spin on the invisible man story as a scientist accidentally turned invisible. Little of the story could be discerned from the trailer other than Bacon is stalking some of the people responsible for his condition, but the special effects--smoke blowing over Bacon's invisible face, tricks with water--are top-notch. The film also stars Elizabeth Shue.

Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue were there to promote the film, along with director Verhoeven, and they described the grueling hours Bacon had to spend in full body makeup, painted black, blue, or green, depending on the scene being shot. Said Bacon: "I took this part because it gave me the chance to play a mad scientist--and to be directed by one." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

GODZILLA 2000 info from CSO's showest coverage..
He's back, he's green, he's a man in a big rubber suit. The Godzilla we all know and love is on his way from Japan. Frank says he smashes buildings, breathes fire (not that white ray thing), and fights with other giant monsters. Who would've guessed? (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

URBAN LEGEND: THE FINAL CUT info from CSO's showest coverage..
First the end of the Scream, now what is purported to be end of the Urban Legend series. In this 'final' installment we get the story of a young female film maker who wants to make a movie about a serial killer who kills using urban legends and then real killings begin, all based on urban legends and...

Director Brian Ottman, who had to pass up scoring The X-Men to finish The Final Cut, was there, promising: "This movie will scare the shit out of you." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

THE SIXTH DAY info from CSO's Showest coverage..
Arnold's newest vehicle, The Sixth Day, had a trailer. It's the near future, with clones--clones for pets, anyways. But there's some guys cloning special people--the elite of society--unbeknownst to rest of us. Then Arnold somehow accidentally gets cloned and replaced in his family home and the secret is in danger of being leaked out. Frank thought it looked like "Total Recall in the suburbs." Arnold himself put in an appearance. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

FREDDY Vs. JASON info from CSO's Showest coverage..
No, they didn't show a trailer for this long awaited matchup, nor was there even an announcement about the project. The opening presentation was a special clip depicting the "New Line Cinema Rest Home" in the year 2040, where supposedly New Line's stars from the turn of the millennium have retired. Amongst such familiars as an aging Austin Powers and an elderly Spawn were spotted geriatric versions of Freddy and Jason, battling it out. Hope remains. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

FINAL DESITINATION info from CSO's Showest coverage..
Almost due for release, the trailer shown in Vegas offered little more than what is already being seen in television spots. Terrified by a sudden vision of disaster, a young man and his friends evacuate an airliner just before its take-off. The airplane explodes when barely off the ground, killing everyone aboard. If not for the young man's vision, he and all his friends would be dead. But then the friends begin dying, one by one. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

THE CELL info from CSO's Showest coverage..
This one might be a sleeper. Starring Jennifer Lopez, the trailer showed mostly footage of co-star Patricia Arquette who is--we think--murdered by a serial killer played by Vincent D'Onofrio. At some point in the story a scientist figures a way to enter the killer's brain, the result, what sounds like some of the most surrealistic imagery yet seen on film. Frank does his best to describe it when he calls it a "cross between Hellraiser, Silence of the Lambs, and Salvador Dali." The movie also features Vince Vaughan as an FBI agent. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

LOST SOULS info from CSO's Showest coverage..
This Winona Ryder starring "horror-thriller" has been moved around a lot, never seeming to find a permanent home on the release schedule--and it's being moved again. Once supposed to be released last year, it is now slated for a fall release. Never a good sign, the trailer looked "good... okay." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

BONES info from CSO's Showest coverage..
Snoop Doggy Dog stars in this supernatural tale about a ghost who is awakened 20 years after his death to seek revenge against those who killed him and then ravaged his neighborhood. Due out this Halloween, New Line is hyping it heavy, already declaring it a "new franchise." The teaser, however, showed little besides a black dog with red glowing eyes. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

LITTLE NICKY info from CSO's Showest coverage..
There's not a lot of Adam Sandler fans on the staff but the Insider has been intrigued by this film ever since hearing the premise and getting the word that Harvey Keitel had been cast in the role of Satan. Sandler plays one of the sons of Satan who comes to our world in search of his estranged brother. The one scene with Sandler shows him sporting a Hitler-esque hair-do, and speaking in a strange voice that sounds a lot like Peter Lorre. "I love this town," Sandler says, right before stepping off a curb and being hit by a bus. Along with Sandler and Keitel, Little Nicky features Quentin Tarantino as a blind street preacher. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

WEDNESDAY MARCH 8 , 2000

An episode overview for the HAXAN FILMS/FOX co-production TV-show "FEARSUM" has popped up on CSO.

"In the script, a bunch of twentysomethings run Freakylink, a supernatural Web site that puts the strange and occult things on display, much like any good tabloid would, except the site also helps viewers uncover the mysteries. In the first episode, we are treated to the tracking down of a dead Indian's decapitated head and an "oompah-loompah German dwarf", according to the script."

"Derek, The Hero, is a skateboarding entrepreneur who likes to say things to girls like, 'Now I've gone and done it. I've accidentally hit the bitch button.' Derek is keeping his recently deceased twin brother's dream alive. Adam, Derek's already corpse-like bro, committed suicide two years ago and Derek found the body. (We know, therapy-central, right?) But the door that was closed on thatchapter of his life is reopened when a weird, E-mailed Quicktime message is sent to Adam's laptop. And lo and behold, there's his brother at an ATM the day before as if nothing happened." There is more of the synopsis HERE. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

4th of March 2000 WEEKEND

The made in Queensland, Australia Horror flick "Pitch Black" stayed the highest grossing horror film in the US this weekend past, whilst Scream 3 fell out of the 10 before grossing 80 million. For some reason people in Australia were too scared to go and see CUT at the cinema?? Nothing that opened this week came any closer than 5 to the #1 positon. Unofrotunately CUT more than likely lost its custom through what I call "THE CUT CONSPIRACY", the newspapers down here are all basically owned by RUPERT and PACKER and neither of them had any interest in the films success, and in fact would profit if it failed so they got the reviewers to give it uneducated and or bad reviews. The movielines, that usually put the latest films first on the list had CUT way down the bottom, therefore those who browse movieline, could have chosen another film thinking they had heard all the new releases at the start. Again it is only a conspiracy theory. The Green Mile rolled in at #1 in the UK.

3. The Green Mile
1. mil, 8.6 mil

5. The 13th Warrior
673 thou

7. CUT
240 thou

10. The House on Haunted Hill
89 thou, 2.2 mil

5. Pitch Black
5 mill 29.8 mil

1. The Green Mile
1.1 mil total 1.2 mil

8. Sixth Sense
113 thou, 25.1 mil

9. House on Haunted Hill
108 thou, 3.3 mill

HFA EXCLUSIVE MARCH 7 , 2000

At the Baltimore Festival of Darkness, Michael Todd and Jamie Donahue revealed to the attending crowd that the movie "The Jester" formerly known as "The Fool of Ravencrest" is gearing up to go into production this spring. The script is brought to you by the team behind the
recently completed indie Horror/Comedy "Stop It, You're Killing Me".

Written by Kenneth Yakkel, Michael Todd and Jamie Donahue the film is scheduled to be directed by veteran actor/director Stephen (Babylon 5, Animal House) Furst. Rumored locations are Quebec City Canada.

People in attendance at last week's American Film Market in Santa Monica, Ca. and the more recent Baltimore Festival of Darkness this past Sunday, got the first look at the advanced poster for the film. HFA is the first to bring it to you via the web.

"The Jester" is said to be a cross between "A Nightmare on Goth St." told in the style of "Highlander". Casting for the film is set to begin within the next few weeks. A list of "name" actors has been assembled, although no one at this date has been attached.

More news on this film as it unfolds. Remember where you heard it first. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR TUESDAY MARCH 7 , 2000

Sorry for the gap between updates. The CUT UNOFFICIAL site has been keeping me busy over the weekend.

The ARNIE cloning film "The Sixth Day" has had a trailer cut together. According to a scooper at DH the trailer was like this: The Sixth Day: Allow me to describe the trailer from beginning to end. First off, there was what seemed to be a commercial off of a TV. The commercial was talking about how, now you can clone your pets and have your pet back that died. It showed clips of puppies and kittens. Then the screen went black and they showed the movie title, which was, "The Sixth Day", not, "On The Sixth Day." It looked really cool. After that they showed a lot of action, such as gunfire, car chasing, and, running. Then there was a part where Arnold (Adam) was hiding behind something watching a cloned Arnold (Adam) kissing Arnold's character's wife and hugging his child. Then there was a clip of Arnold's mug, looking very mad! After That there was a line when Arnold said, "They cloned the wrong guy". There was hard rock music in the background throughout the preview. At the end it said, "This Fall." I think it looked awesome and it impress everyone in the auditorium watching it for the first time. I loved it! Arnold seemed real excited about it and he will finish filming at the end of this month! How I love ACTION horror-eesque stuff. Anyone thinking this will be more like FACE-OFF than anything else??? (DH) (HFA NEWS)

BAD MOON RISING a script by ROSENBERG that I've been keeping an eye on. Looks like it will be finally made by NEW LINE. "Bad Moon Rising" was supposed to be a hip werewolf/biker thriller to star Skeet Ulrich and Drew Barrymore, but, it was dropped dead in the water and Dimension found bigger and better things . . . until last week. Reports say that Ehren Kruger (who has just finished a polish on the latest "Hellraiser" film and some film entitled "Firewalker") has been tapped to re-write "Bad Moon Rising". Since Dimension gave Scream the swan song last month they are reportedly looking for a new franchise to satisfy the young horror audience. Drew Barrymore who is currently shooting Charlie's Angels is still heavily interested in the project as well. Cool news I guess. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Roger Avery has written a script for PHANTASM PHIVE (5) according to CSO this is the description.
"The Tall Man is the absolute man in this script. He gets his due as the ultimate badass in this one and Roger knows this character very well. He's taken a fantastic idea and run with it. He's thrown in elements of some of the best and his script echoes such greats as Escape from New York, Aliens & Dawn of the Dead. Roger has crafted an incredibly kickass and entertaining read and hopefully will be attached to helm so he can make an incredibly kickass and entertaining movie!"

"1999. It's been years since Reggie last fought The Tall Man, and things have changed in a big way. Little by little over the years, The Tall Man has decimated the countryside, turning towns into tombs. No longer content with that, he has made his move upon America's cities, and like a demented game of connect the dots, has slowly taken over a large portion of the US. This area is now the walled in plague zone, which lies between the new east and west coastes - New York and California.

"The Tall Mans dwarf-crunching operation has always been a messy process, and now the thousands-per day proccessing operation has spawned a plague: the bag plague - yellow blood with a contagious virus. Come in contact with the yellow blood, and you're a goner. The victims - baggers - live their un-lives in the zone, forever carrying the deadly contamination.

"By taking over such a large portion of city and country, The Tall Man is no longer a creature operating from the shadows, unknown to the world. Everything sure is getting noticed now. Fugitives can even trade in their lives to enter the flyover zone and fend for themselves. Jail was never more attractive.

"Mike is trapped within the zone in the Mormon Mausoleum - a huge, sprawling industrial mortuary where The Tall Man resides and builds his army to greater numbers. But another army - the US Army, send in a team of troops to take him down. Not knowing the extent and mystery of The Tall Man and his minions, they need help, fast. Help comes in the form of Reggie, who has penetrated the zone to go for Mike. Reggie and the team hook up, and they bust down the Mormon Mausoleum, eventually ending up in the red planet, where revelations and final battles lie." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

The playstation game based on EVIL DEAD, recently called ASHES to ASHES has been renamed "HAIL to the KING" (D2K)

NEWS FOR FRIDAY MARCH 3 , 2000

Robin Wright-Penn is in talks to be in the upcoming M. Night film "Unbreakable". (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

The studio press release for Along Came A Spider is out and this is the official film break down, In Along Came A Spider, Alex Cross (Freeman) is through playing mind games with criminals -- that is until a methodical predator, Gary Soneji (Michael Wincott) kidnaps the daughter of an United States senator from an elite school and leaves a clue on Cross' doorstep. Soneji's not out for ransom; he wants something much bigger -- a place in the history books. His every move is planned with the precision of a spider spinning his web, and Cross and Secret Service agent Jezzie Flannigan (Monica Potter) are in a race against time to stop him. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

The St. Francisville Experiment, is going to lauch it's official site at http://www.sfexperimet.com shortly. The is going to be inspired by BLAIR WITCH according to producer Dana Scanlan. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

There is an interview with composer/ Director John Ottoman, "Urban Legend 2: The Final Cut", The film is sounding more like CUT everyday. The interview is available HERE.. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY MARCH 1 , 2000

Okay here is another rumor on the Blair Witch sequel #1. It comes from CSO
The magazine reports that at least one part of the story will focus on a group of teenagers who become intrigued by the first film’s story after checking out the original website. They then decide to seek out the witch themselves only to be killed. Unlike the first film, though, their deaths are said to be planned to happen on screen.
So there you go.. Kind of sounds about right. Also sounds like a remake of the original with blood. The budget has increased from 10 million to 18 million.(CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Lions Gate have gone for the profit and trimmed American Psycho from a US Nc17 to a R rating. Stating "Though we were reluctant to make any changes to Mary's original cut of the film, we are pleased we were able to trim the scene only slightly yet still maintain its integrity." (CSO) Also on DH there is news of the internet Campaign to Go with the show.
The psychotic Patrick Bateman is about to make a comeback it seems, and I don't mean in just live-action. Lions Gate Films and Pseudo.Com are set begin a month-long Internet campaign for the movie with the highlight being "Am. Psycho 2000", a continuation of the novel created specifically for the Net and supervised by AP author himself Bret Easton Elis. These additions will take on the form of several e-mails from the Patrick Bateman character and will be released in a kind of 'serial sequel' form on different dates, along with streaming video from the movie ranging from outtakes to cut footage deemed to controversial to make the final print. Those interested can register for free on the American Psycho official site. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Wes (weird guy with the camera in American Beauty) Bentley is in final negotiations to play Lestat in "Queen of the Damned". Now this trilogy is pretty well read by most Anne Rice fans and Vampire fans. Michael Rymer the director states that the film will "follow Lestat as he becomes a rock star whose music wakes up Akasha, the queen of all vampires. In the process, a young woman who works as a vampire hunter falls in love with him.". Hence Korn in the soundtrack. The filming will start Downunder as early as this year. I mean if you were to be a rock star what better place than Australia?? (HO) (HFA NEWS)

CUT soundtrack has been announced, there are also 4 new clips in Streaming media available to download.
"Cut" Soundtrack
1. Time To Do Some Killing - Lamar Lowder
2. Jesus Saves - Jerk
3. Here Comes Another One - Groove Terminator
4. Stop the Rock - Apollo 440
5. Venus - The Feelers
6. Tamarama Doorslammer - Killers on the Loose
7. I Wish I was a Man - Fiona McDonald
8. Scissorman - Pound System
9. Paranoia - On
10. I Can't Sleep At Night - Josh Stanley
11. Electricity - Something For Kate
12. Brighter Sound - betchadupa
13. I Got You - Split Enz
14. The Cut - Killers on the Loose
Storyboards for CUT are available now at the Unofficial site. (CUT)

These are the sources I get the info from, I add my own slant to them, however I use the NEWS as gathered from below. Unless stated otherwise.
DH = Darkhorizons.
IMDB = Internet Movie Data Base Studio Briefing
CSO = Cinescape online.
D2K = Dominion 2000
DRC = The Cabinet of Dr. Casey.
EO = E! Online / Yahoo
UPC= Upcoming Horror Movies.com
RS = Really Scary
HO = Horror Online.

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!