Really Scary

Leprechaun 5: Leprechaun in the Hood

Unbreakable

Cut

Happy New Year

To News Archive

Back to Main

NEWS FOR MONDAY JANUARY 31, 2000

The Superbowl in the USA saw the inclusion of some great trailer for the upcoming film, "Mission To Mars". Well at least it is something on the film other than pictures. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Mission to Mars Trailer

Lo Res (2.4 meg)

Med Res (6.1 meg)

Hi Res (9.3 meg)

The script for the film adaptation of Shadowman is to be handed in soon. The makers of the film are extremely excited about the film now as Ice Cube is star and executive producer of the film and recently in the US his film "Next Friday" spent a couple of weeks in the #1 position at the box office.(DH) (HFA NEWS)

Fridaythe13th.com has managed to get hold of the screenplay for JASON X and they have reviewed it. The review is available at DH by clicking here. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

HOW's Horror ranking at the Box office??
29th of Jan 2000 (superbowl weekend) WEEKEND

Green Mile hangs on to 5th spot in the US TOP TEN.
 Australia $ top 20 United States $ top 10 United Kingdom 15
  5. The Green Mile
4.1 mil total 115.2 mill

NEWS FOR SUNDAY JANUARY 30, 2000

The promo poster for Brian Yuzna's FAUST is now available.. Pretty nice. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Above is the first promo picture from "Monster Smasher". I'm calling this a pretty darn sweet looking TV series from this promo poster. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

D2K has posted a cool synopsis of the upcoming Crow 3 film which I'm just going to paste in here for you to read. The film entitled The Crow: Salvation tells the story of Alex Corvis (played by Eric Mabius) who is framed for the murder of his girlfriend Lauren Randall (H2O's Jodi Lynn O'Keefe). He is condemned to death and being a Crow film the inevitable happens. He is allowed to come back and seek revenge on those who killed his girlfriend and blamed him for the crime. But hold on...don't discount this one because of the last one. It reportedly has a storyline, Alex doesn't just go and kill the local thugs, he tries to solve the murder with the help of Lauren's sister (Kirsten Dunst) and soon discovers a conspiracy involving corrupt police. I certainly hope it is better than the last film and not just another rip-off. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

Fans of the HAXAN Films will like to know that the official site for Heart of Love is now open. Also check out what Lovians are.

Wes Craven is planning on starting the production of "The Fountain Society" in the American summer. Although the casting for the film has not yet been conducted Craven has cited that there are "fabulous roles for two young actors, and one that would be a real powerhouse role for a woman in her 60s-70s. It would be fun to bring one of the more distinguished, older actresses in for that." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Wes Craven has back flipped on previous comments stating that there will be more Scream films after part 3. So looks like there won't be anymore sequels to this film in the future. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR THURSDAY JANUARY 27, 2000

SONY will be distributing "Godzilla 2000" for a theatrical release around the USA. The TOHO made production will run seperate to SONY/CENTROPOLIS versions of te GODZILLA mythos and SONY is making this clear. Godzilla 2000 broke box office records in Japan and although not likely to do the same in the USA, it will undoubtedly be one of the highest grossing foreign films in the USA for this year. Sequences in the film (including the flying saucer trying to devour Godzilla) kept audiences in suspense in Japan. However big budgeted sequels will depend on the way it is recieved in the USA. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Kane Hodder has told SLASHER NEWS that filming will begin on "Freddy Vs. Jason" in May of this year. However he did not reveal if he would be in the film. Keep in mind that Jason X will most likely be finished preliminary shooting by then. (HFA NEWS)

Kane Hodder has also told SLASHER NEWS of Sean S. Cunningham's aspiration to work on H2K the next installment of the Halloween series. (HFA NEWS)

Hilary Swank (golden globe winner) and Greg Kinnear are the latest additions to the cast of Sam Raimi's film "The Gift". (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Monica Potter is taking on the female lead roll in the film "Along Came The Spider" which is the sequel to "Kiss the Girls" (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Matthew Blackheart: Monster Smasher has been shortened to the wasier to say "Monster Smasher". (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Student, Film-makers based in Queensland Australia LISTEN UP.. "Warner Roadshow Studios Queensland (where Pitch Black was filmed) Queensland New Filmmakers Awards", which offer a prize pool of approx 30 grand are back again for there 14th year. The filmmaking awards are split into "High School Students", "Tertiary Students under 30 years" and "Tertiary Students over 30 years". All aplicants must be Queensland residents. Entry is FREE. Entries close on Tuesday the 29th of February 2000. That gives you just under 4 weeks to get a film together. Contact Amelia Berlin on 07 3220 0444 or via email on [email protected] for an entry form.

Really Scary has posted a soundtrack listing for "Crow 3" soundtrack will feature previously unreleased songs and remixes from Hole (covering Bob Dylan's It's All Over Now Baby Blue), Kid Rock (Warm Winter), Rob Zombie (doing a remix of Living Dead Girl by Nine Inch Nails' Charlie Clouser) and Tricky (on a remix of Antihistamine). Also on the 16-cut soundtrack, due March 28, is a new Days of the New song and remixes and previously released songs from Crystal Method, Filter, Static-X, Danzig, Monster Magnet and Stabbing Westward. As with all Crow films this looks like another film soundtrack worhty of your cash. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

The #1 song on Australia's largest music poll "Triple J's Hottest 100" has seen something evil happen. The Eerie Finale song from Australian Pulp/Horror Film "Two Hands". The song is called "These Days" and is performed by a Brisbane (my city the best city, the only city in Australia worth the experience:) band called Powderfinger. The oddest thing is the song only appeared oin the "Two Hands", it was never released as a single, and was never released on a Powderfinger album. However the song will be implanted in the viewers minds because of the final scene in "Two Hands" from which it comes. The scene that will most likely prevent the film ever screening in the USA, because of its content. Amazingly yet again the VOTE prooves to be different ot the actual PROFIT that a song makes, hey if it was released as a single, it would have stayed at #1 for 10 weeks and we'd be sick of it. (HFA NEWS)

A new slasher film site has made it to the INTERNET, ball and all it is very good. It is made by a friend of Justin Kerswell (HYSTERIA) so you can expect the site to be of top quality. It is titled simply the MASSACRE.

If you are in Australia or anywhere and trying hard to track down a film.. TRY "CULT-A-RAMA" They've most likey got what you are looking for.. And if they don't they'll hunt it down for ya.

22nd of Jan 2000 WEEKEND

Supernova fell out of the US top 10 this week. Stigmata amongst extremely brilliant reviews only managed to open in 4th position in the Australian charts where horror films are finding it hard to reach thte 10 mil mark. UK charts are not in yet.

4. Stigmata
986 thou

9. Sleepy Hollow
487 thou total 6 mil

13. End of Days
241 thou total 9.5 mil

5. The Green Mile
5.5 mil total 109.7 mill

LATE NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY JANUARY 26, 2000

Well it is Australia Day and I'm back from Holidays.. So I guess its time too catch up on the week in News so Far.. Sorry for nothing all week. I can confirm that there is actually now a domain for HFA. It is called www.horrorfans.com so easy to remember that you can slip it subliminally into everyday conversations.

A negative review of "Psycho Beach Party" has popped up HERE, on Darkhorzons. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

There was an accident on the set of "The Sixth Day" this week. The camera operator and the focus puller, were hit by a car whilst filming an action sequence, where the car went a little to far out of control. The Focus Puller broke his leg, hopefully he will be up and around again soon. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Trailer/ sneak peek at "American Psycho" has finally arrived at the official site for the film. Clcik here for it. It is a Real Media file. There is also a review on the DH site, which is very positive. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Snoop Dogg is going to be starring in a slasher film called "Bones". (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

The score for "Stop It, You're Killing Me!" is completed and the final moments of post-production are in effect now. The film is about 3 weeks from completion. (HFA NEWS)

AICN has posted info on "JASON X". There's no resurrection scene. The movie opens to find him shackled Hannibal Lecter-style in a maximum-security area. Like in the 9th, the police know about Jason. They know he's impossible to kill. They know he can't be stopped. And so they come up with the only solution possible: make him someone else's problem. He is cryogenically frozen and not rediscovered for another 500 years. Before they get to do so, he creates some havoc, and a girl from our time is frozen with him. To sum up the rest, an archeology class does the rediscovering and loads the two popsicles onto their ship on their way back to Earth 2. They thaw, and the rest of the film plays like Alien, with Jason recast as the Alien. Cool deaths, change of weaponry, and plenty of horny college students screwing. The film rips off a whole bunch of other movies, but it all works; it's just a hell of a lot of fun. And there are a few things that happen that I won't spoil because they truly do kick ass" So horror films are going back to what they are all about, and not what socitey thinks they should be.. Or maybe society thinks they should be like this so thats why its like that.. Oh, of course, society is to blame :). (HFA NEWS)

The latest in the MOCK up of the SCREAM 3 sites is an email.. Which follows.

Dear Fans of Sunrise Studios,

It has been brought to my attention that a "hacker" has infiltrated
the Sunrise Studios site in order to promote their own site,
eloquently named sunrisesucks.com. As Studio Chairman, it is my duty
to inform employees, shareholders, and website visitors that the
slanderous information presented by this "hacker" is nothing but false
allegations, unfounded rumors and mean-spirited innuendo. This person
provides no proof to his or her stories and, if they had any
credibility, he or she would not need to hide behind the label
"anonymous."

As my security chief, Vernon Duke will attest, we at Sunrise encounter
people of questionable moral character everyday. Often, we are forced
gates; this "anonymous" person could very well be one of them. I urge
you to ignore the incoherent ramblings of this cowardly liar and
assure you that we at the Studio are taking steps to ensure that this
"hacker" is found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

In the meantime, please enjoy our very unique website, which has just
added an exciting new feature: The Sunrise Studios Tour, which allows
fans like yourself a special glimpse into the Studio's inner workings.
Once again, we at Sunrise are pioneers: never before has a Hollywood
studio provided such an innovative and eye-opening interactive
experience for its fans.

We at Sunrise Studios appreciate your support and apologize for any
inconvenience this "hacker" may have caused.

Sincerely,

Don Crosby
Chairman

(HFA SCREAM 3 NEWS)

LATE NEWS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 21, 2000

Well this poster is a great segway into my brief holiday. "Pitch Black" was filmed in Coomera at the Warner Roadshow studios.. I'm going passed them tomorrow on my way down to the Gold Coast for a brief holiday at Southport.. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

I'll be back on Wednesday so Don't worry. The weather has been hot enuff to piss off Satan. It's reached 39-40 deegrees cel in Brisbane (Where I live) that translates to106-7 in faranheit .Imagine that heat with no wind, when there is a short breeze is more like STREAM searing your face. That translates to the woe and quite before the storm, expecting huge thunderstorms any day. Great Horror Weather. Hey at just checked the weather, it is night and 31 c/ 89 F.

Tomorrow would be just another day except there will be a fresher HFA.. That's right.. We are selling otu with special thanks to Fortunecity, who is providing this site with a domain for being so darn cool (despite the hot weather). As soon as it is activated, the site will be able to be accessed via www.horrorfans.com yes.. Thats so easy to remember that you can write it on a toilet wall. You can write it on the desks in the cpu labs at Uni or High School. You can write it on a note and stick it to someones back.. The URL will be www.horrorfans.com isn't it just so exciting. Expect to be able to get to the site much easier. For those unaquanted Fortunecity provides you with 20 meg of webspace to have your say in the worlds longest ongoing conversation (known as the INTERNET by you and me). www.fortunecity.com . You will not need to up date your bookmarks.. The page by any other name would be in the same place. Don't get to excited it is still pending. But pretty much a sure thing.

NEWS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 21, 2000

Above on the right is Harvey Keitel, Believe it or not... he is in his Satan gear for the upcoming horror comedy, "Little Nicky" starring Adam Sandler, as Satans Son. Also appearing int he film will be POP director Quentin Tarantino. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

The Wachowski brothers have given away few things about the 2 sequels which together make up the "MAtrix Trilogy". We'll get to see more of the city of Zion (all very biblical, if your by the rivers of Babylon, and know your psalms), also there will be more on why the humans attacked the machines. The first sequel is due in 2002, and expect it to be stunt heavy as Neo had those superhuman abilities at the end of the first film. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Brian Yuzna (Dentist) film "Faust" maybe premiering at Canne in May, the film stars Andrew Divoff (Wishmaster), Mark Frost and Isabel Brook. Although Yuzna would like to see it hit theatres in the US, it's likely to become a Straight to Video release. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

Beyond re-animator is not llikely to start filming until the US FALL. Which would mean a mid-2001 release. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

The latest horror comic to be converted to film is called "From Hell", the film will star BRAD PITT as Jack the Ripper, the extremely violent film will be set in the spring in the Czech Republic. The film will be directed by Albert and Alan Hughes, and written by Terry Hayes for the screen. The original comic is written by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell. (D2k) (HFA NEWS)

"The Mummy 2" is on its way to becoming relaity. Brendon Fraser has signed on for 12.5 million dollars, Rachel Weisz has also resigned, John Hannah is also returning to star in the film as the comic relief as mentioned a few months back.The film is again written by Stephen Somers and follows Fraser and Weisz and their 9 year old child in England. However this doesn't mean that all the filming will be in Londo, Morocco and Egypt are also on the slate. The original Somers MUMMY has taken 400 million dollars making it the 31st Highest grossing of all time. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR THURSDAY JANUARY 20, 2000

Above is the OFFICIAL "CUT" logo only finalized at about Lunch time today. Wow the internet is real quick. The official site http://www.cut-themovie.com is fully open along with the TRAILER.. I was at the cinema today and noticed the CUT posters are popping up in the foyers, still the trailer has not been in front of a film yet. However I suggest you get it, it is the BEST TRAILER SINCE THE BLAIR WITCH TRAILERS.. This trailer will make you laugh cry, and may even offend you.. The webpage has kind of cottoned on to the marketing and is 100% better.. Keep your head and hands free from sharp objects, and keep as far away from the SCARMAN as possible. The name of the film that is being worked on is called "Hot Blooded". (HFA NEWS)

The next chapter in the "Scream 3" promotion is in. It comes in the form of a rebel site, against "Sunrise studios.. Aptly called www.sunrisesucks.com which uncovers some interesting things.. Here is the full EMAIL about it.. Very clever marketing Dimension. The email is addressed from Someonewhocares: If that aint enough check out www.galeweathers.com the third official site for the film. The site that "Someone who cares" will reveal themselves on in a webcast.

Dear friends and enemies,

If you are reading this, you must have been one of the many who got
suckered into subscribing to the new official website of
sleaze-factory Sunrise Studios. What a clever marketing ploy. Not!

Who am I? Think of me as someone who cares about the truth. Not only
has Sunrise spent the last thirty years making millions of dollars
exploiting desperate actors and degrading our culture, but they have
also been done a great job covering up their SINS. Until now. I've
created a website, sunrisesucks.com, specifically to expose the truth
behind SunLies.
This site will give you a taste of just how sour Sunrise Studios
really is. I'm talking about murders, kidnappings, police coverups,
drug addictions, sex scandals- you name it, the scumbags at Sunrise
have done it. The goons at Sunrise have heard of my plan to expose
the truth and, frankly, my life is in very real danger. As a result, I
must remain anonymous...

Don't believe the hype. Come to sunrisesucks.com

From,
Someone who cares
(SCREAM 3 HFA ARCHIVE)

Psycho Beach Party.. The film need a nudity warning, or so is the rumor on Darkhorizons. It seems that Australian actress Kimberly Davies will not be doing any interview with Australian press at the sundance premiere of this film, and well the Aussie press said some funny yet unflattering things about Kim getting her gear off (topless in the forementinged film). Well hey who cares, she can't stop the Australian press from Poaching stuff from Variety. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY JANUARY 19, 2000

Review for the new M. Night screenplay for "Unbreakable". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

I finally got around to doing a whole bunch of reviews.

The Bone Collector

End of Days

Haunting, The

Lake Placid

The Minion

The Sixth Sense

Sleepy Hollow

15th of Jan 2000 WEEKEND

"The Green Mile" and "Supernova" hang out in the Us Top 10. In a fairly avg grossing week. I though Supernova (actually director Walter Hill's 70s film "The Driver" is on tonight on Aussie Cable) would open higher but perhaps it is not the right time of the year for Horror. Come February expect Horror Dominance in the US. Australia has thinned out on Horror But Stigmata releases this week. The Uk is in a Horror frenzy with Sleepy taking the 1 again.

6. Sleepy Hollow
667 thou total 5.1 mil

9. End of Days
443 thou total 9 mil

5. The Green Mile
7.6 mil total 101.6 mill

7. Supernova
5.7 mill (first week.

1. Sleepy Hollow
1.7 mill total 5.6 mil

3. The bone Collector
816 thou

6. Sixth Sense
548 thou, 22.4 mil

9. Bringing Out The Dead
221 Thou total 759 tho

14. End of Days
84 thou mil total 4.6 mil

NEWS FOR TUESDAY JANUARY 18, 2000

The official site for "American Psycho" has opened up with the brilliant poster as one of its delectable delights. The film has been slapped with an NC 17 in the USA by the MPAA and will premiere at the SUNDANCE FILM FEST. The harsh rating is baased on a a threesome in the film between Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) and two prostitutes (Cara Seymour & Krista Sutton). The scene is included to show as "The scene is not about sex, but about sex as a transaction so we made it deliberately banal and distant...his (Bateman) expression sums up his frighteningly detached relationship to the world around him." Sounds kind of Zen like in a a Banal and Distant way.. But I guess that would have been lost if he just threw money at 2 half naked girls and lit up a cigarette as they walked out. OR would it.. ?? The MPAA must think the director is a dirty old perv.. Just kidding. Nah Mary Harron (I Shot Andy Warhol) has her head on straight, once again the MPAA are wrong.. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

St. Francisville Experiment has been bought for a low to mid 7 figure sum.. So this could be between 1 million and 5 million.. Who bought it.. TRIMARK.. The film has a been given a fairly large synopsis on Cinescape, which I'm gonna throw up in a second.. Now the thing is the makers are not going to say if the film is real or NOT.. As they did not hire actual actors, instead.. Well read the italic.. ". Francisville’s premise is that four non-actors were locked into the allegedly haunted Lalaurie House in New Orleans. The four people -- a psychic, a ghost hunter, a film student and a historian – were given digital cameras to chronicle the night’s events. The film is said to be a two-hour edit of what happened. The trade also reports that the film’s executive producers, Kushner-Locke, are keeping the film’s producers and director’s names under wraps claiming that "everything is real" in the film.. Who really would have thought that there could be another hand held subgenre-genre based hit.. Well it looks like there will be. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

Happiness for the Jasonites out there. "Jason X" sounds more definite than ever.. It has been nearly 8 years since we last saw JASON (excluding that episode of "The Simpsons" and a few other cameos). A Darkhorizons scooper managed to get a long to the FANGORIA weekend of Horrors (New York) and found out a fair bit of new info on the upcoming release. Kane Hodder Fans rejoice, he will reprise the role of Jason for the record 4th time. Kane Hodder actually made a guest appearance at the panel with Sean S. Cunningham (Producer for JASON X, direcotr of the original). Cunnigham let rip with the actual synopsis for the film, The synopsis is as follows: 400 years in the future the earth lies desolate. Alien explorers arrive on Earth. As they go below the surface looking for life, they stumble upon a series of tunnels that lead to an underground facility. There they find 2 cryogenically preserved spieces (1 female and 1 hunking mass). They cannot be prepared for the evil they are about to release." The synopsis still remains the same and still has the whoole SPACE thing going for it. When asked about how weak some of the SPACE set films are in the SLASHER genres (Leprechaun 4, Hellraiser 4). Originally Cunningham would never have thought to set a F13 film in space and he didn't think he would, even when he was first handed the script.. but after reading the script by Noel Cunningham and Todd Farmer and Sean was extremely impressed. Other misc stuff, the film will contain 250 digital FX, Jason will has been desribed as an "Uber JAson", Hodder had a full body cast done. So far no Savini, for fans of the brilliant make up artist/ actor/ stuntman.. Surely a walk on role, something, there'll be riots if you make a F13 film without him, he made the FX in the original and chaged MPAA standards forever.. Oh.. <sob> I'm just a poor Savini fan. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

You know how I said "Pitch Black" was gonna rock.. I'm wrong, it's gonna RAVE. The LA underground is setting a big old RAVE for the film on the 29th of January (a month prior to its release), according to Darkhorizons, the party will feature all sorts of VR lighting and 3D video effects as well as DJ's Gene Farris, Nigel Richards, DRC and Jason Blakemore. For more info check out RaveWorld.com and to try and swindle a pass, either mug someone who is going there for it, or try get an ORDER HERE. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR MONDAY JANUARY 17, 2000

The poster for "Final Destination" appeared on DH today. It is very impressive. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The Budget for "Jurassic Park 3" is set at 83 million. Director Joe Johnston (October Sky) is keen on having some flying Dinosaurs in this film. He has also said of his role as director, "Steven Spielberg has given me "carthe blanche". He has said that I shall make my own movie, all though the plot in the movie is based on idea by Steven. He has strongly pointed out that I shouldn't try to copy him". Sounds like Spielberg will be phantom directing this one, which is a nifty segway as they will be using the types of FX used in Phantom Menace, ahh phantom was a bad segway. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

"Pitch Black" not so much on the film. But the location. Which is basically where I live. So this is going to add up to the types of conditions in which I work an produce this page. Fangoria in issue 190 in para 3 page 34, in the article by Michael Helms "The Scariest thing Fango first encounters at Queensland, Australia location is the heat. Just as in the film itself you honestly expect there to be more than one sun in the sky." The location is Warner Roadshow studios at Coomera about 40-45 minutes drive from my place. I live north of there, so it is a little hotter. Getting to the point, that is why I did not update this weekend past. Too HOT!!. :) But I'm still busy rounding up my review for the last 3 months. In other news Pitch Black looks set to rock in late Feb in the US. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 14, 2000

I go to work and come home and find that there is horror news galore to cover.. JOY..

CUT TEASER

Finally.. Cut together by Andrew Mackie I do believe... A Very talented writer at globefilm. Unfortunately there are troubles with the trailer. (HFA NEWS) picture from Darkhorizons.

Cool more fuel to the orgy rumour has appeared on DH about the film "Cherry Falls", the title that is a play on words as many cherrys will fall in this film :). I first heard about the scene a while back and thought it was a joke. However after forwarding it along to Garth he had another scooper also talking about the same scene. Coincidence.. Maybe.. If not.. This film is about to go through the roof HSX wise. The First picture from the film also filtered through DH, it is of actress Britney Murphy. She is either looking for love or way out of the killers clutches. Anyhow if this scene makes it in, not only will it piss off the church, but it could put the film over the 100 million mark, as an orgy is always a good spectacle in any film. Major selling point, even though this will likely be comical. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The official site opening for the film "Mission to Mars" has been met with some lovely shots from the film. Over 30 according to Darkhorizons. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

"Scream 3"'s opening seuences have been shot 3 different ways according to a sccoper on DH. However only one of the versions will be shown in the final film. Hopefully this will mean the DVD will have these scenes. (DH) Meanwhile the first NEWSLETTER from SUNRISE studios arrived today, if you signed up for the newsletter on the official scream3 site you would have got it.. The site is really taking the mock site to a new height, thanks for lifting your webpage socks Mirry/Dimmy. Here is a copy of the letter.(HFA NEWS)

Dear Sunrise Subscribers:

Happy New Year! With the new millennium, Sunrise Studios would like to
invite you back to our website to view our latest, most exciting feature
yet: Sunrise Classics. In addition to checking out movie posters in our
extensive filmography, you can now also watch actual movie trailers
downloaded directly off the Internet. Check out past hits like:

IT WALKED FROM THE WAVES: Sunrise Studios first film ever! Three
scientists, stranded on a deserted island, discover a fearsome sea beast!
An instant classic.
FRANKENPIMP: Watch Frankenpimp take over the tough streets of New York
City. He ain't afraid of no kung-fu fighting, jive-talkin' turkeys!
ZOMBIE MARTIANS FROM DEEP OUTER SPACE: A pioneer in special effects, this
early Sunrise hit sparked a nationwide debate in the 1960s: Are aliens
among us?

Other classics to sample include IS SOMEBODY THERE?, OPIUM DEN, ICE SCREAM
TRUCK, and don't miss the sneak peek into VOODOO CLUB, a Sunrise "Coming
Attraction."

How do you view the trailers? It's easy.
1. Click on the Sunrise Filmography or Sunrise Classics
2. Choose a film from the pull-down menu. The titles with asterisks have
trailers available.
3. Click on "View Trailer" and the clip will start to load.
4. Quicktime is necessary to view the clips. If you do not yet have this
free plug-in, a window will pop up to make this download available. It
only takes a moment or two.

We hope you enjoy this latest feature. Also, if you have not yet done so,
check out our new STAB TRILOGY page, complete with cast biographies,
synopses, reviews, and the latest on the upcoming STAB 3.

Thank You!

Anita Dreyer
Director, Creative & Media

(HFA NEWS on Scream 3)

Confused about "Freddy Vs. Jason" status whilst all the Jason X stuff is floating around. DeLuca has cleared up a few things with a post on CSO, "Since Freddy vs. Jason is still in rewrites, we let Sean proceed with his JASON X as an independent production which we picked up as a negative pick up. No release date yet. We're still looking to shoot FvJ in the spring.". So FvJ is still on the board.. Now this years marks its 13th year of pre-production.. AS NewLine originally approached Paramount back in 1988. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR THURSDAY JANUARY 13, 2000

A copy of the full memo regarding The Blair Witch Sequel was sent to Talent Agents around the place. Darkhorizons got an actual copy, check it out here.. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

A trailer for "Cherry Falls" is expected around Easter. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

JASON X, Melyssa Ade has been cast as a 'bitchy technician' in the film which will be shot in Toronto Canada. The story details are still sketchy but the film will be set on a Space Station where Jason is being cloned (first the dinosaurs). The Hockey MAsk will be part of the remains used to clone. Another rumour has it that for a fourth of the movie a "Cyborg Jason" will be running around doin the JASON DO. Well if that is not enough details some other stuff has become available including the director who is an unkonw (Adam Marcus was unknown when he did Part 9),

There is a film listed a JASON X on the Directors Guild of Canada (Ontario) work sheet.
Details are....
Title: JASON X
Type: Feature film
Production Company: Friday X Productions
Producer: Noel Cunningham
Production Manager: Marilyn Stonehouse
Shooting Dates: Feb 28 -April 30
Director: Jim Issacs
Production Designer: John Dondertman (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Hilary Swank (Boys Don't Cry, and The Next KArate Kid) has come up in casting suggestions for "Hannibal". Well I'd say this would add a bit of youth to Clarice and Height. There is a script review on Darkhorizons. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

"Really Scary" (Twilight Zone Movie sequel) is being retitled (most likey because they can't get the domain ha ha) to "Very Scary Story". Hopefully John Landis will be thinking Safety First whilst making this film. We don't need any more dead actors. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY JANUARY 12, 2000

According to Darkhorizons there is a page at savini.com where you can fill out a petition so as to get Savini on as the Special FX guy for the film JASON X. Savini is a legend to most horror fans so why exactly are you still on this page and not filling out the petition. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Darkhorizons recieved and unofficial shot by shot recollection of the first scene to "Scream 3".. If you want to see it . Go Here. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The character names for the Blair Witch Sequel are:

"Nick Leavitt" and "Anna Casio": Seniors at Boston College who also live together.

"Heather Arendt": A native Chicagoan. Her philosophy in life is "when in doubt indulge."

"Cotter Kaller": Described as an immature blue collar type and state college student.

"Domini Von Teer": Vaguely Goth type who favors wearing black and is described as "an enigma."

Accroding to CSO the film will go into production the US East Coast on February 28. The characters are aged 19-20s and have not been cast as of yet. Unless of course the character and real names are mixing again.. But I doubt it. According to Artisan a SCRIPT hasn't been chosen. (HFA NEWS)

"Final Destination" is going through a round of Re-shoots in Vancouver.. The filming will be done of the course of the next week.(DH/CSO) (HFA NEWS)

"Blade 2" seems to be at a stadn still with all the legal MARVEL hooplah, still surrounding the first one. Goyer (writer) has said however, , "No new developments, though Wesley [Snipes] has said he would be willing to film the movie this summer." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

A review came into DH for Supernova HERE. (HFA NEWS)

A review came into DH for Scream if You Know What I Did Last Halloween HERE. (HFA NEWS)

8th of Jan 2000 WEEKEND

"The Green Mile" has again been the only horror film in the US top 10. Hopefully with the release of Supernova next week things will pick up there again. Australia is having trouble getting the Blair Witch to 10 million. In the meantime the UK has had the headless horseman gallop in at #1.

4. Sleepy Hollow
1 mill total 3.9 mil

7. End of Days
804 thou mil total 8.2 mil

15. The Blair Witch Project
185 thou, total of 9.6 mill

20. Sixth Sense
46 thou, total 28.5 mil

4. The Green Mile
9.7 mil total 91.3 mill

1. Sleepy Hollow
2.84 mill

6. Bringing Out The Dead
356 Thou

9. End of Days
234 thou mil total 4.4 mil

NEWS FOR MONDAY JANUARY 10, 2000

You can find the TV commercial trailers for "supernova" at the official site.

The trailers are 3 meg each and are subtitled. (HFA NEWS)

If you think in space no one can hear you scream.. Think again!

Amaze

Rules

Scream

The other "The Others" TV SERIES, has had some shots released that appeared on CSO on friday. You may want to give the shots a perusal. Directors on the series read like a horror "I want" list. Tom McLoughlin, Tobe Hooper, Bill Condon, Bill Malone and Tom Wright. (HFA NEWS)

"Exorcist: Dominion" is likely to be directed by Tom McLoughlin at this stage. Main roles ares still in the wings but it is due for a late 2000 release according to D2K. (HFA NEWS)

A review has come in for "Crow: Salvation" on Darkhorizons.. It is mixed. Click Here for it. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR SUNDAY JANUARY 9, 2000

Sorry for the slow news weekend.. Been working on a backlog of reviews.. Was going to do a rentatho.. But I got sick and had to spend dosh on getting better. The first of the 1999 year in review spotlights will be up mid week.. You'll never guess what its about. Really, it's not about TBWP.

Here are the flock of actresses being considered for the role of Clarice in "Hannibal", according to the London Daily Telegraph. "Helen Hunt, Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett, Calista Flockhart and Gillian Anderson". However it is also on the chopping block if no actor can live up to Foster.. My personal pick is Holly Hunter.. But that is just me, she hasn't even been mentioned yet. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

According to a post from Eduardo Sanchez on the HAXAN noticeboard, the script for the Blair Witch sequel has been written and Ed has read it.. Click Here. for thre post.. Or here for Haxan Message Board. Please do not clutter the board with posts.. Leave the question asking to the regulars. The board has only just got back to normal. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 7, 2000

The full trailer for "Scream 3" will be about 2-3 minutes long and will include in it a preview for "Stab 3" and a few other trailers for films that Sunrise Studios makes. As well as some stuff from the actual film Scream 3. So it looks like the trailer will also be pretty good. The film is starting to sound a lot more like NEW NIGHTMARE every day. If you haven't checked out the trailers for the other films at www.scream3.com I encourage you to do so. These are trailers from upcoming Sunrise Studios films. (DH) The first REVIEW for the film has appeared on DH, click HERE. (HFA NEWS)

Ed Zwick will be helming "Toys of Desperation". ``It's a somewhat Gothic story, but with a contemporary voice,'' said Zwick, ``and yet it's also deeply romantic.'' . Zwick is behind films sucha as, "Courage Under Fire, "Legends of the Fall", and Oscar winning "Shakespeare in Love". (RS) (HFA NEWS)

Upcoming Horror Movies.com has posted news on several upcoming horror films.

"St Francisville Experiment" will be a mocumentary about a group of people selected to spend the night in a hanuted house. All of which have paranormal interests, my interest is in how can someone make another scary documentary, that gets a wide cinema release. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

"Island of the Dead" has been directed by Canadian, Tim Southam. It stars Mos Def (a rapper) in the leads role, with Malcolm McDowell and Talisa Soto also taking parts. The FX makeup will be done by Olivier Xavier. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Jeff Daniels and Emily Bergl (Carrie 2), will be starring in a psychological thriller "Chasing Sleep", written and directed by Michael Walker. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

"Hitcher 2" will be directed Robert Harmon and written by Gerald DiPego and his two sons, Zachary and Matt. Rutger Hauer will be returning as the Hitcher. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Thomas Calabro, Kirsten Dalton, Dean Stockwell and John Savage star in "They Nest", a killer-bug movie directed by Ellory Elkayem with FX by Toby (X-Files) Lindala. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

Alewx Winters thriller, "Fever" has been bought up by Lionsgate for distribution. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR THURSDAY JANUARY 6, 2000

The official site for "Final Destination" is now upgraded to a new kind of cool. Those web designers are going even furhter.. This one will allow you too test out all the ESP powers you thought you had.. OR didn't have. Also the NEW trailer is ready to browse (DH). (HFA NEWS)

Final Destination Trailer

12.5 meg Mov

Download here.

"Scream 3" will not be based as heavily on Kevin Williamson's treatment as first thought. Wes Craven has told in an interview with magazine Cinefantastique that the film will revolve around, majorly, the ideas of Ehren Kruger. Wes also said that Neve Campbell took the roll agains because she thought she owed the fans, also her character Sidney is making steps toward a Hollywood acting career. Gale and Dewey are in the film more this time around, and the first murder is on the HOLLYWOOD sign. The film has cameos from Carrie Fisher, Rob Coman and the Kevin SMith created characters Jay and Silent Bob. The films script has not been toned down to accomodate the censors. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

A cool new SUPERNOVA pic arrived at CSO. (HFA NEWS)

"GvsE" will continue to live on. It is finally going to the Sc-Fi channel this Friday night. With the hopes of mustering enough support to make a new series, which will be funded by the Sci-Fi channel. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR WEDNESDAY JANUARY 5, 2000

The folks at Upcoming Horror Movies.com have gone crazy with a scanner and a copy of the latest FANGO.. So we get piccies.. OF
FINAL DESTINATION (HFA NEWS)

PITCH BLACK (HFA NEWS)

and
SCREAM 3 (HFA NEWS)

For more pictures visit the site.

Darkhorizons has posted some pictures of the upcoming horror film "Pinata" which is set in the Central American Jungle.. The official site is now open.. And has like 100 or so pictures from the film.. Including more of Jamie Pressley etcetera. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Confirmation of Blair Witch sequel and Prequel have reached DH. Seems that the sequel will be made before the prequel and they will be budgeted at 7 million and 10 million. The film will have more static camera shots... Hey in the 1700s there was no handicams.. Ed and Dan will be directing the prequel, whilst they produce the sequel which will be directed award winning documentarian Joe Berlinger (Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills). The sequel is due in the FALL of 2000. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

"The Others" the Kidman Cruise project. May need to go through a name change. As NBC owns the copyright of the title. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Seems the "Scream 3" official site has gone through a total revamp and now resembles an advert for "Sunrise Studios" the makers of the STAB films.. It's kind of taking it further and further.. Has Mock-realism gone too far?? You be the judge. The page includes trailers for films that Sunrise has done including, "Is Somebody there?'. www.scream3.com (HFA NEWS) The Soundtrack listing for the film appeared on Darkhorizons.
Soundtrack Listing:
1. "What If" - Creed
2. "Is This The End" - Creed
3. "Time Bomb" - Godsmack
4. "Dissention" - Orgy
5. "Get On, Get Off" - Powerman 5000
6. "Fall" - Sevendust
7. "Crawl" - Staind
8. "Sunburn" - Fuel 9. Spiders - System Of A Down
10. So Real - Static-X
11. Wait And Bleed - Slipknot
12. Suffocate - Finger Eleven
13. Tyler's Song - Coal Chamber
14. Wanna Be Martyr - Full Devil Jacket
15. Crowded Elevator - Incubus
16. Automatic - American Pearl
17. Debonaire - Dope

Burt Reynolds will be helming the remake of "Isle of the Dead". A film which in 1945 starred Boris KArloff. The film will be a modern day retelling with college students on a Greek Island, that has a big old cemetary with a woman inside it that was buried alive. The film will have the budget of 10 Million and will begin shooting in late 2000.. Unless someone in Hollywood comes up with an original idea. (CSO) (HFA NEWS).

NEW YEARS WEEKEND

"The Green Mile" has jumped up a few spots to regain #2 on the US charts and remains the only film in the US charts that is now filled with Kiddie and Chick flicks. In the UK the Sixth Sense advanced a spot.. Whilst so did End of Days, its taking tripled this week. I guess Armageddon was on the peoples lips. Australia stayed horrified over End of Days.. Sadly Sleepy Hollow only came 3rd. But one needs to realise that it only opened on Sunday and hence 1.9 is how much it took in total on that day.
 Australia $ top 20 United States $ top 10 United Kingdom pound

1. End of Days
2.2 mil total 6.7 mil

3. Sleepy Hollow
1.9 mill

11. The Blair Witch Project
446 thou, total of 9.3 mill

15. Sixth Sense
160 thou, total 28.3 mil

19. The Bone Collector
33 thou, total 6.6 mil

2. The Green Mile
13.2 mil total 78 mill

4. The Sixth Sense
328 thou, total 20.4 mil

6. End of Days
245 thou, total 3.8 mil

NEWS FOR TUESDAY JANUARY 4, 2000

The Parr House survives the wrecking ball.. A combination of support from the people of Massachussets and an undisclosed (likely LARGE) sum of money from ARTISAN ENTERTAINMENT has seen the house spared.. So maybe it will end up in The Blair Witch prequel or sequel. Info courtesy of HAXAN message board and CSO. (HFA NEWS)
The following appeared on www.reallyscary.com.
"Despite the fact that the dark folklore behind the hit film The Blair Witch Project was fabricated, the murderous history of Elly Kedward still haunts the national consciousness. Oni Comics will further expand upon the legend with a new mini-series, beginning with The Blair Witch Chronicles #1.

Written by Jen Van Meter, the four-issue mini-series will reveal more horrifying tales of unfortunate people who trespassed upon the spirit of the woman who was driven out of Blair, Md., in 1785 but who never really left. The first issue, which will be illustrated by Guy Davis (Sandman Mystery Theater), is set during the 1950s, when a teen prank leaves two people dead and two others scared nearly to death.

Van Meter also wrote Oni’s hit tie-in comic The Blair Witch Project #1, a stand-alone anthology of similar "case studies" that tied into, but did not directly adapt, the film’s events. "

Interesting info on an upcoming comic.. Will this ruin the Blair Witch Mythos.. I'd hate to see the Mythos shot to shit the same way as Star Wars was.. It would be bad to see a Prequel that forgets about all the official storys and Comics linked to the film. I doubt HAXAN FILMS will make an ignorant film. (HFA NEWS)

Keanu Reeves has signed onto the Sam Raimi film "The Gift".. He has taken a considerable pay cut to star in the film with Cate Blanchett, Katie Holmes, Giovanni Ribisi and Ron Eldard. The films total budget is a very modest 10 million US. Reeves will play a vicious wife beating murder suspect according to CSO. Shoooting begins Feb 7 2k. (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR MONDAY JANUARY 3, 2000

A pre-production bit of storyboard work has turned up on DH, for the upcoming Kidman/Cruise flick "The Others". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Seems everyone from Dino DeLaurentis to Anthony Hopkins is annoyed at Jodie Foster for pulling out of "Hannibal". The films script was re-written to suit her and just as it was perfect she turned her back on it to direct her own film. The film is still scheduled to beging shooting in the US Spring. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Finally a horror TV series that is set around a campfire that doesn't sound like "Goosebumps".. Well not from the outset anyhow.. "Dark Tales" will hopefully be picked up by a network after the pilot is screened. The show is being shot in Wilmington, North Carolina where Dawson's Creek has been shooting the last two seasons. D's Creek is moving to a new location soon, so studio space will be of the plenty range.. The OFFICIAL SITE is open. The TV show itself looks to be of an INDIE inovative quality and worth keeping an eye out for. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

According to D2K, Alex Proyas is still interested in making "Masque of the Red Death". Based on the Edgar Allen Poe novel. Proyas is the Australian director best known for his German Expressionist influenced Horror Films "The Crow" and "Dark City". This was originally announced back in MAy 99. So I guess the fact the rumor is still around kinda confirms it. (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

"Really Scary" the film, (Not the web site), will actually be the sequel to "Twilight Zone".. Hey I was good at predicting this when the title was anounced last year. It would be such a shame to have the line "Really Scary" in the title and than not be the sequel. Directors announced are, John Landis, Joe Dante (Piranha, Gremlins 1&2, The howling, Innerspace, Small Soldier, Twilight Zone), Walter Hill (Alien trilogy, Supernova, The Driver), Guillermo Del Toro (Mimic) (D2K) Back in May 99, this was a TV series that was being pitched at Newline by Landis, now its a sequel. (HFA NEWS)

"Leprechaun 5: Leprechaun in the Hood" releases on DVD in the US on March 28 2000. The film stars Warwick Davis and Ice T. (RS) (HFA NEWS)

Julianna Moore is reportedly in talks to star in the next Midnight and Bruce Willis flick "Unbreakable" which will also star Samuerl L. Jackson. It will be interesting to see how Midnight follows "Sixth Sense". (D2K) (HFA NEWS)

NEWS FOR SUNDAY JANUARY 2, 2000

The 1999 film list is up and ready for perusal.. There is about 70 or more films listed.. Can you think of Anymore.. The A-2-Z in the NEWS area is now full of films for 2000 and beyond.

NEWS FOR SATURDAY JANUARY 1, 2000

The official CUT site is slowly opening. Clcik Above. :) The first 250 people who register will get a special limited edition Cut poster.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

The new graphic for 2000 is up "Y2K the horror".. I hope you like it..I've gone for that ugly old crispy Super VGA type res with all the High Res components removed.. Thus trying to give it a gritty look. It will head up the page for the next few months. I've used images from different upcoming horror films. Those pictured are from "Cut", "Scream3", "Urban Legend 2", "Final Destination", "Lost Souls", "Crow 3", "9th Gate" and "Godzilla Millennium (Toho)". Feedback on the image would be appreciated. [email protected] .

I spent the New Year with friends here in Brisbane.. Watched the sunrise.. Than Caught about 3 hours of sleep.. Than went to the first session of Sleepy Hollow (on its first day). Brilliant film to start the new year with. I'll be working on the years in retrospect as I did with 1998.. 1999 is a very large year to study horror-wise.. It was a year when horror dominated the box-office and was critically acclaimed left right and center. The page will go through a huge cleaning.. to move the 1999 stuff into permanent A-2-Z residence and the 2000 and beyond stuff will be closer to the front of the screen.

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!